Mala Sichuan Houston

ERhine

Definitely bringing this thread over here. Below represents Good Friday dinner.

Pot Roasted Black Bean Tilapia

6c57cb86c5954ce48c1475cfbd2c124c.jpg

Mala Pot Roasted Tilapia

5ca0385c72705e21e3fd6486feb94003.jpg

Shrimp and Asparagus

75c444d61a1c6596dbaff02242cc9bcd.jpg

Crispy Chicken for the kids

97a692935873acc7aab29357ccc305bf.jpg

House Special Cold Noodle

48780c630b3b55e9bbf1975335e0c6ed.jpg

Bok Choy

803a811fc5e40fb5844b824bacbbb933.jpg

Sautéed Spinach

cfb22db7977a665f813c4dd3cbb27516.jpg

Somehow missed getting a picture of the asparagus and crab soup.

• Like 3

my business lunches will become more interesting once their I-10 and grand parkway, aka Katy Asian town, opens up. 

I didn’t know they were opening out there. Also a downtown location opening up this year I believe. Hope it’s not over-expanding too quickly.

Hey ERhine, they are opeing a Mala Sichuan in one of the new downtown food halls - Finn Hall.  The food hall should be open sometime this year.

edit: doh, just a post up from mine 34 minutes ago.

Edited by mycox

If their Crispy Chicken is for kids then I don't wanna grow up.

Some sort of not eating meat on Good Friday doesn’t apply to children argument. I’m not Catholic. I’m completely confused on what was and was not allowed during Lent. I think I heard about twelve different explanations from the three Catholics in attendance.

31 minutes ago, kevwun said:

When is this supposed to happen?

No official opening timeline has been announced for Mala Sichuan’s arrival in Katy, but it likely won’t be until late this year or early next, depending on how construction progresses.

according to this article

• 3 weeks later...

Wanna Bao just opened in Midtown. The owner's parents run One Dragon Restaurant in Chinatown.

Szechuan style and it's supposed to be very good. Don't do there yet becuase they just opened and are way understaffed.

On 5/4/2018 at 2:31 PM, Lazarus Bocanegra said:

will all the new locations offer free identity theft or is that just the original?

amusing, I had this happen the first time I went to the OG.

They didn't take AMEX so I used my debit card.  2 days later it was used at Hong Kong market.  WTF, at least go to RaceTrack in Lake Charles like most thieves.

• 9 months later...
On 4/11/2018 at 10:59 PM, mycox said:

Hey ERhine, they are opeing a Mala Sichuan in one of the new downtown food halls - Finn Hall.  The food hall should be open sometime this year.

edit: doh, just a post up from mine 34 minutes ago.

Eating there now, it’s pretty cool.  They have Mala, oddball eats, Goode Co., craftburger, low tide, Yong, dish society, Sit Lo and Mr. nice Pie and you can sit and order from any at a table in the upstairs part.  The lamb chorizo fries from oddball eats are great!  

Edited by Hook1997

The Katy location seems like it's taking forever. People on their Facebook page are openly wondering wtf is going on with no answers.

In some good news, there's a Cooking Girl on Holcombe near the med center now. Haven't been yet, but the Sugar Land original goes hard in the paint.

1 hour ago, tokamak said:

The Katy location seems like it's taking forever. People on their Facebook page are openly wondering wtf is going on with no answers.

In some good news, there's a Cooking Girl on Holcombe near the med center now. Haven't been yet, but the Sugar Land original goes hard in the paint.

wasn't pepper twins cooking girl?

11 hours ago, tokamak said:

I've been.  Parking sucks - very small lot.  But was excellent.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/25/2019 at 2:08 PM, Mack Tripper said:

I've been going to the new Pepper Twins in City Center more than Mala lately because it's closer. Haven't had anything that wasn't strong to quite strong. 

Same.  We've been a couple of times and it's excellent.  No wait.  I'm hoping they'll get their uber eats act together so we can have it delivered.  NOTE: they don't have their liquor license so it's BYOB.  

• Like 1

• 2 years later...