Jump to content

Tell me about SMU


Longboard Horn

Recommended Posts

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

Shane just needed a good Naggar to work with on offense. Such is football these days. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

SMU is the top ranked CFB Texas team in the AP poll. 

Um... obviously. Its not like we barely edged anyone out.

I mean I guess we could have been behind Texas.

Edited by ztejas
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Big commit - 4 star 6'7" DE* from Sam Rayburn.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/smu/Article/Football-Recruiting-Jelin-Samuels-commits-to-SMU-Sam-Rayburn-Randall-Joyner-152982829/Amp/

Has the potential to be a monster. Seems like an intelligent, high character kid.

Edited by ztejas
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, CTXMustang said:


Ugly ass win but we’ll take it. Two years ago we lose those type of games.

Gimme an ugly ass win over a pretty loss any day.  In the end, the number in the left hand column of the standings is all that matters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Hornster said:

Thanks man. Pretty good read. Not much I didn't already know, but the parts about how hard it is for G5 programs to recruit in the top 100 was interesting. Crazy that it's been 18 years since a non P5 school had two commits in the top 100 (although I guess they exclude ND from that criteria but not BYU for whatever reason - maybe since ND is a half member of the ACC).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

he took michael thomas' handle! nice.

smu has turned out some great receivers the last 10 years.  sanders, sutton, beasley, proche. quite impressive.

 

Aldrick Robinson and Trey Quinn were also NFL draft picks.

Beasley was actually undrafted but has obviously had a great career.

Roberson will be a draft pick - even though he may slide after his injury.

Gray is looking like he will be an eventual draft pick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

What makes it more awesome is he chose SMU over TCU

Yeah we are really starting to fuck with TCU's recruiting. Probably more than any other P5 school - save maybe OU - but OU is still recruiting about a star above us on average.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Glad to see the Ponies make get some traction ... especially as it hurts Toad.

I think it's been smart the way it's tried more intentionally promote itself as "Dallas' team." Those Dallas unis are cool - still have Top 5 uni in the nation.

They got royally screwed - yeah, they were cheating ... but wasn't everybody? Oddly, from the 30 for 30 seemed like they were trying to be honorable and keep their word to the kids. #situationalethics

And glad to see Shane succeeding.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/4/2020 at 9:08 AM, Kyle said:

Glad to see the Ponies make get some traction ... especially as it hurts Toad.

I think it's been smart the way it's tried more intentionally promote itself as "Dallas' team." Those Dallas unis are cool - still have Top 5 uni in the nation.

They got royally screwed - yeah, they were cheating ... but wasn't everybody? Oddly, from the 30 for 30 seemed like they were trying to be honorable and keep their word to the kids. #situationalethics

And glad to see Shane succeeding.

And to make it sweeter, they've been able to secure and steal away a few recruits from TCU.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Just fucking throw in the towel. Getting embarrassed by a shitty ECU team. That Tulsa loss was it for these guys. We have dick to play for at this point and are so injury riddled it's not even remotely the same team.

Feel for Shane but when we needed him to step up he didn't. Hope he gets a good look in the NFL but it's time to move on. 

Get Stone on campus and let's try and build something respectable around him. 

 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Just fucking throw in the towel. Getting embarrassed by a shitty ECU team. That Tulsa loss was it for these guys. We have dick to play for at this point and are so injury riddled it's not even remotely the same team.

Feel for Shane but when we needed him to step up he didn't. Hope he gets a good look in the NFL but it's time to move on. 

Get Stone on campus and let's try and build something respectable around him. 

 

28-7 East Carolina lead... 11 minutes left 2nd quarter.

Sorry @ztejas

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

28-7 East Carolina lead... 11 minutes left 2nd quarter.

Sorry @ztejas

I don't give a shit. Season was over after the TU loss. I mean, season was basically over after Roberson went down but we scrapped for a bit there. We weren't playing for the conference title either way, if we did, Cincy would have fucked our shit up. We may wind up in a marginally shittier bowl game. Oh well. 

Not sure Dykes has a NY6 ceiling - probably circle 2022 after reloading a bit. At least we've resurfaced enough to start landing some 4 stars.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

They were never better than everyone in the little 12.  Come the fuck on

What kind of delusional homer would say something like that?

Tbf - OU has gotten better since then and we have gotten much worse. Healthy Reg Rob and I think we at least hang with anyone in the B12 on a neutral field - but that team clearly doesn't exist anymore.

I do think Cincy would be the best team in the B12 this year¬†ūüėĀ

  • Rage+1 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

What kind of delusional homer would say something like that?

Tbf - OU has gotten better since then and we have gotten much worse. Healthy Reg Rob and I think we at least hang with anyone in the B12 on a neutral field - but that team clearly doesn't exist anymore.

I do think Cincy would be the best team in the B12 this year¬†ūüėĀ

Listen you SOB I’m fairly salty that I bet these assholes at -11.  You should have told me about this Reg Rob character *before* the game.  FML

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Listen you SOB I’m fairly salty that I bet these assholes at -11.  You should have told me about this Reg Rob character *before* the game.  FML

Yeah, should have consulted me. I would have stayed the fuck away from that line. We are a shell of ourselves with nothing to play for as I outlined above. 

Michigan is fucking up a parlay for me right now so I can commiserate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...