Tell me about SMU

Longboard Horn

Texas wide receiver Kelvontay Dixon announced his intention to transfer to SMU on Sunday, giving the Mustangs three former Texas transfers this week. DIxon (6-foot, 182 pounds) made the announcement on his person Instagram.

On Friday, SMU added two other Texas transfers in former Mansfield Legacy defensive lineman David Abiara and former Texas defensive back Chris Adimora. On the same day, SMU also added a commitment from former Skyline and Oklahoma State linebacker Kamryn Farrar.

Hmmm...

"Earlier this offseason SMU also added a commitment from former Texas wide receiver Joshua Moore, who originally announced his intention to transfer to Texas Tech before switching to SMU. Moore isn’t with the program, though, and his status as a future Mustangs isn’t guaranteed."

SMU has been busy in the transfer portal. The Mustangs have added 14 transfers this offseason and seven this week. SMU’s transfer class is ranked 13th in the country and the highest among Group of Five teams, according to 247Sports rankings.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/smu-adds-third-texas-transfer-in-one-week-gets-commitment-from-wr-kelvontay-dixon/ar-AAX3ci6?ocid=uxbndlbing

Edited by LTtxfan

SMU offense will be absolutely loaded, especially with former Bama #1 recruit Camar Wheaton at RB.

Look for SMU to thump TCU and Sonny Dykes in Dallas by 3 TDs this season. That one is highly anticipated

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

29 minutes ago, Doak said:

SMU offense will be absolutely loaded, especially with former Bama #1 recruit Camar Wheaton at RB.

Look for SMU to thump TCU and Sonny Dykes in Dallas by 3 TDs this season. That one is highly anticipated

Didnt know SMU snagged Wheaton, just one year removed from being a top 5 running back in the country. Would laugh my ass off if SMU bitch slaps Dykes around the field this year. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

No Way Reaction GIF

Moore seems on a fast track to wind up in jail or worse. Hope he can turn it around but he can do it somewhere else. 

Rumored his gun charge is still outstanding or on his record? And SMU admissions wasn't keen on that. 

Edited by ztejas

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

This is awesome...

Yes - that is Eric Dickerson in a gold Trans-Am.

Alright now let's not lose to UNT. 

No idea what to expect this season. Haven't been on the boards at all, really. We have a good amount of talent but who knows if Lashlee actually knows what he's doing. 

6 minutes ago, FreeHorn said:

Man another depth chart that doesn’t have the Texas transfers starting. 🤦🏾‍♂️ 

Our talent level was terrible last year. 

Moochie Dixon not starting shouldn't surprise anyone. Even with SMU losing a lot at WR. 

Adimora not starting is pretty scathing. 

Buj is the starting punter. 

Yeah UNT beat the spread by 17 on the road last week and they're only a 10 point dog. Them winning wouldn't shock me. @SimonBolivar

Edited by ztejas

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Moochie Dixon not starting shouldn't surprise anyone. Even with SMU losing a lot at WR. 

Yeah UNT beat the spread by 17 on the road last week and they're only a 10 point dog. Them winning wouldn't shock me. @SimonBolivar

I just don’t get the career trajectory for Adimora. Started the whole season as a sophomore then couldn’t get on the field as a junior with some of the worst Safety play in the country in front of him. 

I will say weight wise he is 16-18 pounds heavier than the safeties he is competing against at SMU. I wonder if he should have just full embraced being a linebacker full time. 

17 hours ago, FreeHorn said:

I just don’t get the career trajectory for Adimora. Started the whole season as a sophomore then couldn’t get on the field as a junior with some of the worst Safety play in the country in front of him. 

I will say weight wise he is 16-18 pounds heavier than the safeties he is competing against at SMU. I wonder if he should have just full embraced being a linebacker full time. 

Wouldn't be surprised if the coaching staff works him in with the linebackers. 

On 9/2/2022 at 1:21 PM, ztejas said:

I was mildly worried about that game, but obviously that concern was misplaced.  

SMU might be really good this year.

21 hours ago, Doak said:

I'll be shocked if OU doesn't cancel that game in 2027 later on.

I'm not sure why they'd cancel. That's a big recruiting game for them.

21 hours ago, Doak said:

Might be the best one yet

That's a pretty big hill to climb. He should get drafted, though. 

29 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Road game in a city where you already play one of the most anticipated games in all of college football is a big recruiting game?

Ok.

Yes - because it's a more laid-back environment and they can get every kid they want to attend. And also play in front of all of SMU's targets. And most likely win. 

How is OU playing in DFW ever not noteworthy for recruiting? 

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Yes - because it's a more laid-back environment and they can get every kid they want to attend. And also play in front of all of SMU's targets. And most likely win. 

How is OU playing in DFW ever not noteworthy for recruiting? 

You’re only allowed contact with recruits so many times. They aren’t going to waste those chances on road games when you can’t show off your trophy case, facilities, home stadium / crowd and school (yeah, I laughed while typing that one).

If the game is played then I’m sure some of their area recruits will attend, but it’s supposed to be on their own dime (again, more laughter on my part).

6 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

$MU being good to very good this year should surprise nobody.  They added a few castoffs from major programs besides our's this past offseason.  They are more talented than everyone else in their conference.

Well, brand new coaching staff so I think nobody really knew what to expect.

Just now, Uncle Nate said:

Well, brand new coaching staff so I think nobody really knew what to expect.

Fair, but Lashlee was there from 2018-2019 under Sonny so not too hard to keep the mojo going.  Now, after Mordecai leaves it could be a different ball game.  Sure seems like these young hotshot coaches do well at G5 schools and then flame out at the first P5 offer.  I feel sorry for whatever P5 program hires Lashlee in a few years.

See Kiffin, Sark, Herman, and now Frost in their 1st P5 opportunities.