2020 Texas Volleyball (Hopefully)

LTtxfan

I’m glad a Stiverins didn’t get the better of us two years in a row (still surprised Amber transferred from Louisville to Georgia). Also, I hope Lauren Stiverins isn’t seriously hurt, but I’m glad she played today so Nebraska couldn’t use it as an excuse.

I wonder if seniors Sweets, Sun, Stiverins, or Densberger decide to return with the COVID extra year. 

Despite some breakdowns, this was one of our better passing matches. Overall this is a really good ball control club for a JE team. I think it could be the difference between some of those teams that had the hitting and blocking but got served off the court and got no trophy. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Despite some breakdowns, this was one of our better passing matches. Overall this is a really good ball control club for a JE team. I think it could be the difference between some of those teams that had the hitting and blocking but got served off the court and got no trophy. 

LOL, yep.

2 minutes ago, Aleemay said:

Number one recruit of her class. Played at Texas for one year before transferring to the Corns. 

Huge drama involved especially on the internet.

Her transfer gave Logan an opportunity to skip her senior year of HS and enroll early at Texas. 

Logan >> Lexi 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Her transfer gave Logan an opportunity to skip her senior year of HS and enroll early at Texas. 

Logan >> Lexi 

Sun ended up being a big disappointment based on the hype. 

Very good player but she never lived up to the #1 ranked recruit hype. Those are the type matches you take over and she never did that at Texas or Nebraska. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Well let’s hook em high like an eagle soars bitch. 

Wisky is likely the most fundamentally sound team left. Gata, Texas and Kentucky are the 3 most athletic teams. 

We just took out 2 fundamentally sound B1G teams in 4 sets so bring on Wisconsin. Some NCAA demons to exorcise there 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Sun ended up being a big disappointment based on the hype. 

Very good player but she never lived up to the #1 ranked recruit hype. Those are the type matches you take over and she never did that at Texas or Nebraska. 

Hell, she was hardly even a factor today, minus her serving in set 2, and her bad D helping us out throughout ...

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Agree!! Iosia has looked good in serve receive and defense, O’Brien has been freaking awesome (hoping we can figure out how to get her to stay with COVID extra year), and as hard as I have been on Peterson - her serve receive has really improved. Plus, Eggleston really isn’t too much of a noticeable weak spot anymore.

I think this is the most positive I have felt about our back row in a very long time.  

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, wood said:

Hell, she was hardly even a factor today, minus her serving in set 2, and her bad D helping us out throughout ...

The most legit explanation for her leaving is that Cook could make her a better 6-rotation player than Elliott particularly defensively. A bit hard to argue with historically,although Elliott has had some formidable 6-rotation players. 

But empirically, Logan is better, including from the back row. 

How ya like them apples? 

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

This team is so damn likable too. And Jhenna and Logan have 10x the leadership of Micaya White and Shook, which is why this team is in the Final Four  

If you lead a Texas team, you have to have that swagger.  I think about Chloe Collins, Hannah Allison, Hooker, Fawcett, McCage, Sarah Palmer, Webster, Eck, McNeal - so much swagger and emotion. 

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The most legit explanation for her leaving is that Cook could make her a better 6-rotation player than Elliott. A bit hard to argue with historically. 

But empirically, Logan is better, including from the back row. 

How ya like them apples? 

I think Sun's biggest issue is no killer instinct. She just checks out of matches mentally.

Today was a great example. While she was effective at the service line she was a non factor on the pins. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

This team is so damn likable too. And Jhenna and Logan have 10x the leadership of Micaya White and Shook, which is why this team is in the Final Four  

If you lead a Texas team, you have to have that swagger.  I think about Chloe Collins, Hannah Allison, Hooker, Fawcett, McCage, Sarah Palmer, Webster, Eck, McNeal - so much swagger and emotion. 

Agree how much fun this team is -- really enjoy the players and watching them play.