Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Just now, Asithappens said:

Imo, in terms of real/geo-politics Trump (as inartful as he is) is correct with Saudi Arabia. Losing the military sales over one dead journalist isn't worth it. 

We (as in the USA) have dealt with bad regimes before when it was in our best interests. 

This situation would be a lot different if a video of the killing somehow surfaced.

1 minute ago, Chrispy said:

So it’s your belief that Harvard promoted her as such because she was truthful about her heritage? 

No, you are. I was asking for a link to your claim.

Edited by RPM

Just now, Fozzz said:

You sound like a sociopath, Asithappens.  You should get that checked out.

Hm, you sound like a "progressive". Might want to get that checked out.

I'm not advocating all this, but let's get adult and real. The US has dealt with other bad regimes and while SA needs us more than we need them, in the big scheme of things one dead journalist isn't worth seriously roiling the waters. It just isn't. Our play is to use harsh words but is this really worth losing weapons sales and all the $ and jobs at Boeing et al ? I don't think so. We should do something, but not to the extent it may significantly harm the US.

10 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

Hm, you sound like a "progressive". Might want to get that checked out.

I'm not advocating all this, but let's get adult and real. The US has dealt with other bad regimes and while SA needs us more than we need them, in the big scheme of things one dead journalist isn't worth seriously roiling the waters. It just isn't. Our play is to use harsh words but is this really worth losing weapons sales and all the $ and jobs at Boeing et al ? I don't think so. We should do something, but not to the extent it may significantly harm the US.

I’d rather us not materially support a genocide in Yemen, but I’d guess that’s something that wouldn’t find troubling. 

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

So where is your proof that she "embellished" her Native American ancestry?  Do I need to provide a dictionary link defining "embellish" for you?

The proof is in the article I linked. She told both universities that she was Native American and they listed her as a minority faculty member. Had they known that she was .5% or less, she would’ve been laughed out of the room. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

So where is your proof that she "embellished" her Native American ancestry?  Do I need to provide a dictionary link defining "embellish" for you?

Didn't EW say that she had a grandmother that was Indian? 

The link above says that her Indian-ness didn't kick in until 6 to 10 generations ago. Wouldn't that be an embellishment? 

1 minute ago, Chrispy said:

She explained some family lore of her being of American American ancestry, she should thank her lucky stars that these DNA kits were nonexistent at the time. 

So that's a big, fat, you got nothing?

4 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

The proof is in the article I linked. She told both universities that she was Native American and they listed her as a minority faculty member. Had they known that she was .5% or less, she would’ve been laughed out of the room. 

I'm pretty fucking sure she didn't check the "100% Native American" box you stooge.

4 minutes ago, seven said:

Harvard: oh, you're from Oklahoma, do you happen to have any native American ancestry? 

Warren: actually yes, a few generations back 

Harvard: oh neat

Chrispy: EMBELLISHMENT 

Well yes, technically. She should’ve said eight to ten generations back. 

1 minute ago, Fozzz said:

haha holy shit, how fucking oblivious are you?  who do you think is committing that genocide?  

And... the US should care about Yemen why? Because it's the moral thing to do? And it's not unanimous that what's happening in Yemen is a genocide.

Rwanda? Cambodia? Darfur? The Yazidis? Rohingyas?

It's all bad, no doubt. But that's not why the US should go to the mat.