Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

20 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

During good times, the best strategy has always been to position your resources for the lean times.

Ant. Grasshopper. It’s so old and clear, there’s a proverb about it.

I note that you’ve offered ZERO counteranalysis.

Because, of course, you can’t. You have nothing. You are noise, nothing more. My farts have more volume, significance, and intellectual weight.

Actually, I liked your post before the edit. I think you made a great point about those good times. 

I understand the apprehension towards the trade war, retirement of baby boomers, and that the tax cuts may run their course by late 2020. Some feel way and others are more bullish, such as Warren Buffett. 

38 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

It works, which is why both sides employ the tactic. The economists agree on the indicators that could cause a recession, such as inflation, trade conflicts, or higher energy prices. What indicator pushes us into a recession? They can’t tell you. What year? Most say 2020, it’s possible I suppose. You frighten too easily. 

magnets-how-do-they-work-gif-4.gif

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, to be fair, his position is biblically based.

“Lo, thou shall not kill. But yea, verily, if one can profit from killing, one should beat one’s plowshares into swords, and sell every one of those motherfuckers for thine maximum profit.” The Book of Fuckitall, 1:28

DoTsGX8WsAESoXZ?format=jpg&name=900x900

I'm loving the Trumpkins who think that MS-13 is the biggest threat to our country, all Muslims are evil terrorists, and that 2 year old immigrant children need to be imprisoned, argument that the non-Trumpkins frighten too easily.  While ignoring sanity--i.e. you shouldn't bankrupt yourself during fat times.

Every accusation is a confession.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Is there a bigger pussy and weasel in the world than Donald Trump not named Ted Cruz? Could you imagine telling your children that you voted for this "man"? 

He's a sheep in bully's clothing. The rest of the GOP are so pathetic that they let this fat tub of shit throw limp wristed punches and they just took it on the chin without ever fighting back in 2016. Warren is on to something.  All the Dems need to do is nominate a candidate that will attack. Trump will cower like the the complete fraud he's always been. 

Yeah. The cancerous, spineless contingent that voted and worship him

44 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Straw man. My argument is NOT that the problem is the predictable and inevitable recession. Yet that’s the point you argue over and over. Which is a logical fallacy. Which is a lie.

My argument - repeated several times - is that this admin has foolishly depleted our toolbox of tools that should be available to deal with a recession.

To use s simple metaphor, for simple, dishonest people like you, it’s like wildfire season. We know it’s coming. We know there will be fires. That’s not the problem. The problem is the short-sighted move of “saving money” today by reducing the number of trucks, air assets, and fire fighters, so that when the inevitable fire comes...we aren’t equipped to handle it.

But hey, the richest guys in town saved $150 in taxes, so....winning.

You are dumbass in service to a dumbass, creating a Möbius strip of dumbassery.

The Trump Administration economic policy is akin to the oilfield roughneck playbook during the shale boom. Hey look, I'm doing well for the first time in a long time, I better go out and buy a $70,000 F-350 with a lift kit and 44" super swampers, throw on some chrome truck nuts to add a little bit of class. What could go wrong?   

• Like 3

The Trump Administration economic policy is akin to the oilfield roughneck playbook during the shale boom. Hey look, I'm doing well for the first time in a long time, I better go out and buy a $70,000 F-350 with a lift kit and 44" super swampers, throw on some chrome truck nuts to add a little bit of class. What could go wrong?   

And how DARE you tell him that maybe - just maybe - he shouldn’t act like $100+ oil is gonna last forever, and perhaps he should squirrel some money away. You’re just jealous of his success!

Melania’s slogan was actually on the right track, grammatically. Just needs to be tweaked: “Be Stupid.” That’s our national motto now, and by God, we’re gonna live it!

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And how DARE you tell him that maybe - just maybe - he shouldn’t act like $100+ oil is gonna last forever, and perhaps he should squirrel some money away. You’re just jealous of his success!

Melania’s slogan was actually on the right track, grammatically. Just needs to be tweaked: “Be Stupid.” That’s our national motto now, and by God, we’re gonna live it!

Save money? Pay down debt? Fiscal responsibility? You sound like one of those beta libcucks with one of those fancy college degrees. 

28 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

Are you from east Texas?

I have fb posts from high school friends that are basically what you said, followed by #maga.

34 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

Or join the O&G industry as a whole.

"BOOM! Record profits. Let's build a brand new tower +$10k  bonuses + raises + book Maroon 5 for our Christmas Party!" and then 2 years later you're laying off 60% of your workforce

• Like 1

so, the saudis are claiming that this journalist died during a bad interrogation? they just happened to have a bonesaw on hand, in case the interrogation went south?

this was a clear torture/murder of a political enemy. he wasn't an american citizen but he lived here, and we should be concerned with ally states murdering political dissidents. it's one thing when a rogue state like north korea or russia does it. but saudi arabia is a friendly state to us, and we need to take a stand that his shit is not going to be tolerated.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

They don't care because POTUS has got their backs.

I am LOLing at the notion that this plays out differently under another administration. These motherfuckers flew planes into a building in our greatest city and we didn't do jack fucking shit.  You think killing some guy in a Turkish consulate building is going to move the needle. We are the Saudi's bitch. 

US%20saudi.JPG?w=1280&q=100&fmt=pjpeg&au

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQd5ae7HYe1lNU7ztRkyrR

0113bush.jpg

obama_2864916b.jpg

5922f54834911b297f8b4c85_1136_852.0.jpg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This actually has hints of the 1920s all over it.  Replace recession with depression.

yeah, but it'll all be illegal immigrants' fault.  They've got a convenient enemy with brown skin to blame.  Reality doesn't matter.  Either why we will enter a recession or how to get out of the recession.  Just need some good mobs with pitchforks against the Mexican rapists and the dems who are somehow responsible for a pointless wall not being built.

4 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

so, the saudis are claiming that this journalist died during a bad interrogation? they just happened to have a bonesaw on hand, in case the interrogation went south?

this was a clear torture/murder of a political enemy. he wasn't an american citizen but he lived here, and we should be concerned with ally states murdering political dissidents. it's one thing when a rogue state like north korea or russia does it. but saudi arabia is a friendly state to us, and we need to take a stand that his shit is not going to be tolerated.

We've been outsourcing our own dirty work to these fuckers since shortly after 9/11. You don't think they've been keeping records? We push too hard, and the whole world will find out just how far the US will go to get information from captives. Probably with video and audio...likely with Americans in the room. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I am LOLing at the notion that this plays out differently under another administration. These motherfuckers flew planes into a building in our greatest city and we didn't do jack fucking shit.  You think killing some guy in a Turkish consulate building is going to move the needle. We are the Saudi's bitch. 

US%20saudi.JPG?w=1280&q=100&fmt=pjpeg&au

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQd5ae7HYe1lNU7ztRkyrR

0113bush.jpg

obama_2864916b.jpg

5922f54834911b297f8b4c85_1136_852.0.jpg

I don't know what would be happening under a different president.   What I do know is that the current president and topic of this thread is not only looking the other way, but seems to be helping the Saudis come up with some sort of cover story.  And that the Saudis felt emboldened to pull such a blatant stunt on his watch.   So much so that they aren't even hiding the clean up crew. 

Yeah, I don't understand how the fact that previous administrations were so soft on the Saudi's is justification for the current administration to let them assassinate dissidents and journalists while the president defends them. It's fucking looney tunes to even be in that neighborhood of thought. I get that anastasis is an accelerationist and all, but wouldn't that mean that you WANT us to go after the saudis so the system burns down faster?

Just now, Captainant said:

Yeah, I don't understand how the fact that previous administrations were so soft on the Saudi's is justification for the current administration...

It's no justification. It's just reality.

but wouldn't that mean that you WANT us to go after the saudis...

Fuck yes. Maybe we could start with stop selling them fucking F16s and missile systems that they will use against us when we finally pull our head out of our ass. 

Just now, Anastasis said:

Fuck yes. Maybe we could start with stop selling them fucking F16s and missile systems that they will use against us when we finally pull our head out of our ass. 

I'm on board with that, it's fucking nuts how many arms we sell to them. I get that it funds the majority of development for new weapons and whatnot, but for fucks sake lol.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

We've been outsourcing our own dirty work to these fuckers since shortly after 9/11. You don't think they've been keeping records? We push too hard, and the whole world will find out just how far the US will go to get information from captives. Probably with video and audio...likely with Americans in the room. 

Same with mossad is my guess.

I'm on board with that, it's fucking nuts how many arms we sell to them. I get that it funds the majority of development for new weapons and whatnot, but for fucks sake lol.

What's a few hundred billion between friends. 

We fucking arm one of the most corrupt and despicable states on the face of the earth. Because arms sales gonna arms sale and petrodollar gonna petrodollar.

• Like 1