2018 MMA discussion

ajax

The Hardy situation is so polarizing. It seems like everyone decided he shouldn't be allowed to play football anymore. Now there's people bitching about his MMA career. WTF is the guy supposed to do?  Does he have to be a ditch digger or work in a grocery store warehouse?  The guy seems like a huge asshole but at what point does he get to just live his life. Yes, he's a woman beater. No excuse for that. But I've seen guys take less heat for murder!  NFL players that have killed people and still returned to the field. I didn't watch this fight and I'm not trying to hype this guy, just tired of all the pearl-clutching.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2018 at 1:30 AM, spystud13 said:

Had to have been 1/2/4 for Whittaker. 

Terrible card overall, two finishes in nine televised fights, neither impressive. 

What??? Besides the joke of a fight between CM Punk and Jackson i thought it was pretty good. 

On 6/10/2018 at 12:24 AM, ajax said:

Didnt know that. 

Great fight nonetheless

Yeah Romea blew out his ACL in round 1 and Whitaker defended takedowns the rest of the fight on one leg and won.

This fight Whitaker punched Romeros elbow and broke his hand early in the fight and hung in there.

Whitaker is a tough sonofabitch. One of my favorite fighters.

On 6/13/2018 at 11:05 AM, BERT said:

What??? Besides the joke of a fight between CM Punk and Jackson i thought it was pretty good. 

It was sad for me watching Reem. He needs to go to Japan and get back on the gas if he wants to keep fighting, but damn he's making great money still in the UFC. Just don't want him to be too brain damaged, he seems like a good dude.

On 6/10/2018 at 12:32 AM, youdunnf'dup said:

It’s tough man, cause you can make a case Whittaker won the first 3 rounds. Romero wasn’t doing much at first, and his eye was swollen shut pretty bad. Great fight, but awkward as fuck to judge under MMA’s scoring system.

It's a boxing scoring system that the idiots in the athletic commissions pushed on MMA. It's tough to judge an MMA fight with 3 boxing judges and a must point system. Martial arts competitions judged by people strait from boxing. 

A one handed UFC fighter?

At least he's not susceptible to the arm bar.

Also, Tony needs to take off those fucking sunglasses before he trips over some more wire.

Edited by ajax