Texas Rangers 2020

TeddyBearStallion

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

You didn’t watch the game, quit posting reactionary shit. Woodward made some dumb quotes, it’s over. 

i watched the game, and i'm a rangers fan (though not as die hard as some of yall), and woodward was being a little bitch about that swing. rangers still had two at bats coming, and it's not like 7 runs is insurmountable. throw a meatball, watch it go opposite field over the fence. throwing behind the next batter, eh, i can kind of understand in the moment, so i've not much to say about that. but woodward should not have gone there. it's now all over mlb sites. dumb.

die hard Rangers fan here, so bad that I've been dying since Johnny Oates left us (too soon?).  These unwritten rules piss me off.  It's like their fathers didn't raise them to man up and take a loss...plus, I think grand slams run in the Tatis family.

I'm not sure I've ever heard of the 3-0 don't swing rule rule and I've have been playing and watching baseball for 40+ years.   7 runs can happen in 2 innings.  Johnny fucking Bench says swing away I'm gonna go with this 3-0 thing is bullshit and I am generally one who sides with the unwritten rules.

maybe the Rangers are pissed that they know this bullshit offense put together by one of the worst GM's in the league can't score 7 runs in 2 innings. the manager needs to be sending the message that they need to get their own ass in gear and quit worrying about the other team.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Gallo with the 1st Rangers HR in the last six games at Globe Life. 

It keeps coming back to my mind, the Rangers have a potential superstar power hitter to build their team around for the next decade, so they design a stadium to stop him from hitting so many home runs.

Yeah, the whole 3-0 grand slam with 7 run lead thing being a controversy of any kinda baffles me. You gotta give the cardboard fans their money's worth, don't you?

Let them play. Yeah, the game is probably settled, but you never know, even if it is the Rangers. He probably throws ball four anyway, so further extending the misery, anyhow. How about throwing more strikes and playing some ball? There's supposed to be no crying in baseball. Myth busted.

Edited by DougO