EPL 2020-21

Firemans4Horn

10 hours ago, RamjetFDO said:

Fucking VAR. 2020 can suck it.

It deflected off a defender. The Arse keeper wouldn't have had a prayer regardless.

Let me say it again.

Fuck. V. A. R.

That was a brutal overturn. 

I always hated missed calls but I think I’d take that variability of the human element over this idea that cameras and armpit location are foolproof. The EPL doesn’t even have the fucking technology/frame rate to accurately show offsides. 

the call was 100% the right call according to the rules, and i, as an Arsenal supporter, did not like it at all. i mean soccer players bitch about *everything*. a guy will stone cold tackle someone like Ray Lewis and he'll still argue with the official and protest his innocence. so when you have a goal scored and there isn't a single player on the field making a fuss about it, to stop the game to go back and see if you can come up with a reason to disallow the goal is patently retarded. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

City going to have to start looking at scenarios. I mean I know it's early - but 15 points given up already might be a tough hill to climb.

Now can Leicester beat Pool?

Probably. We're a MASH unit right now. No Henderson, our starting back 4 has only one regular (maybe), no Salah. Fabinho is supposed to return so that could boost our defense but I'd imagine we're aiming for a draw at best. 

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Probably. We're a MASH unit right now. No Henderson, our starting back 4 has only one regular (maybe), no Salah. Fabinho is supposed to return so that could boost our defense but I'd imagine we're aiming for a draw at best. 

Regardless of the result, it's a lot of fun having 5 or 6 pretty legit contenders for the first time in awhile. And manu not being one of them. 

2 minutes ago, LonghornJudas said:

Re: Leeds-Arsenal. This is where I'd like to see the more NBA approach to cards. Yellow for Pepe for the headbutt and a yellow for the defender for being a pussy because it wasn't that hard.

Nah. That’s a straight red. You go to the head face with fists or head. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Re: Leeds-Arsenal. This is where I'd like to see the more NBA approach to cards. Yellow for Pepe for the headbutt and a yellow for the defender for being a pussy because it wasn't that hard.
Disagree. Zero tolerance for a head butt. Players know it going in. No excuse. Do you really want refs having to determine what's a hard head butt and what's not?

On 11/21/2020 at 1:36 PM, mdmost said:

Or we'll completely outclass Leicester and get a clean sheet with two converted mids in defense. 2020 is crazy, yo.

• Hook 'Em 2