Jared Wiley

futureman

6 minutes ago, WBT said:

made me wonder why the hell brewer had been keeping him off the field for so long

This is the real question. Questionable personnel decisions have been a Herman hallmark, and based on today we don't even realize all of them. We've probably got multiple other guys playing in front of better players but we just haven't seen them yet. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

This is the real question. Questionable personnel decisions have been a Herman hallmark, and based on today we don't even realize all of them. We've probably got multiple other guys playing in front of better players but we just haven't seen them yet. 

Yep, since day 1. I don’t understand it completely. Like why wouldn’t you want to put your best players out there. The only way I can make it make sense, is that a few of these players are just more “liked” and so they get to play. Even that is stupid as fuck if the goal is to win.

42 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

We will never see him again this season, the he gets moved to middle  linebacker next season 

45 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

well hell, can he play tackle, and guard and maybe center?

There was speculation last year he could grow into an OL.  I see it.  He's an extremely good blocker, possibly good receiver with average speed, and plenty of room to grow.   Probably could excel at both positions in college.

Edited by Hmmm

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2020 at 6:24 PM, futureman said:

at least he was a bright spot today.  6’7” 255 and athletic.  I’ve always thought he’d be great but he looks like a potential 1st rounder in a couple years if he continues to develop. 

On 10/3/2020 at 6:37 PM, futureman said:

are you asking if he can block?  he can. 

He IS our standard. 

On 10/3/2020 at 6:38 PM, Huckleberry said:

I’m going to guess it’s the old wait until after ou philosophy Herman got from Mack to play younger guys 

what triggers me most about Herman is in critical situations he would have like the 2nd or 3rd receiving grouping on the field. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I'm gonna throw this waaaaaaaay out there, but he has the talent to be used like Travis Kelce, Mark Andrews, and George Kittle. In no way do I think at this time he's on their level since that's fucking stupid, but it's clear he's a fucking talented dude who can block and catch. 

Usage rate in the pass game needs to go way up 

Edited by Nope