Adm. McRaven endorses Biden in WSJ (and other unexpected endorsements)

Gil Bang

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

It's quite possible that he's the only former military big-hitter with the balls to do this.    

But I'm hoping that this starts something big. 

Yep. Motherfucker put his name on it.  All the other cowards don’t have the balls to do that. 

38 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Good. Now current brass do the same. 

I hope they vote that way, but I do not want any current brass to EVER endorse a candidate of any political party.  After retirement, feel free.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

anyone who starts with "i'm pro-life can fuck off", even if they support the right guy,

I understand and agree with the sentiment overall.

Here, the point of leading with it is to emphasize that, despite disagreement with Biden on these issues, he's still clearly preferred to the alternative.

This licenses others with similar views either to vote for Biden or at least stay home.

• Hook 'Em 1

Michael Steele joined in

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/i-m-republican-voting-joe-biden-over-trump-because-i-ncna1243952

Rather than seeking to build on the legacy of the Republican Party’s founders, of which Trump is surely ignorant, Trump has posited a single purpose for the GOP — the celebration of him.

Consequently, America has watched as the Republican Party stopped pursuing its animating principles of freedom and opportunity. It has given up its voice on things that mattered and instead bent the arc of the party towards the baser motives of one man, who is neither a Republican nor a conservative.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1