The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

17 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

The 1980s called, it wants its foreign policy back.  

I think there is a difference between saying we're on the brink of war with Russia and not siding with your intelligence agencies when they say Russia was doing their best to influence the election. I mean every country with the power to do so tries to influence every election that's important to them, but least some pretending that "hey, we saw what happened and we're doing the best we can to keep any country from influencing our elections" would be reassuring from POTUS.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

You take a good natured ribbing poorly.[/serious]

Nothing about this thread was "good natured" last night. That's why I bowed out early in the evening. Skimming it this morning showed I made the right decision.

Your schtick of pretending to be an even-handed, neutral referee was revealed to be a con when you joined the premature victory dance last night. Y'all were acting like aggy in the UCLA game.

scepter.0.gif

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

The report was given out by the media as soon as it was released. Had there been anything in it, it would have been released Thursday AM around 9 AM, or better yet, Monday AM at 9 AM.

The fact that it was released when it was. supports that there is not anything in it.

What are you talking about? Mueller doesn't give a shit about media cycles. And he's done many of his major actions on Fridays. Dude must like his weekends. 

32 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

The report was given out by the media as soon as it was released. Had there been anything in it, it would have been released Thursday AM around 9 AM, or better yet, Monday AM at 9 AM.

The fact that it was released when it was. supports that there is not anything in it.

Wait. You think the report was given to the media?

Seriously?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, maninblack said:

New conspiracy time. Was Maddow crying? What say you Surly?

47176c698907fe07267b4e6855f6041c.jpg

Who gives a shit? You mean someone cares about the implications of this administration and might get emotional about it? Weird that you get off on that. "Trump shits on the American flag and its ok because libtears." 

MIB goes into hibernation, only to come out to show his ass. Congrats. 

1 minute ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Who gives a shit? You mean someone cares about the implications of this administration and might get emotional about it? Weird that you get off on that. "Trump shits on the American flag and its ok because libtears." 

But she didn't get emotional. At all. That's why it's so silly.

1 minute ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Somebody's bracket is toast. Lighten up Francis. I told you humorless fucks two years ago the issue was a loser but y'all shouted everyone with any common sense down and implored that we all let the investigation play out. So everyone did and now it's over. Guess what it's not my ass that's showing here chief.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jhawk said:

Reading comprehension? He said it’s likely that more indictments are coming at different jurisdictions for crimes not related to Russia probe. I said that he has no evidence that there are indictments coming. Which is true. There hasn’t been one leak or credible source come forward and say “SDNY is going to indict JK (or junior) for bank fraud (or any other crime)”. I didn’t say they didn’t commit crimes or there isn’t other investigations I said that jimmy is speculating and then telling us “it’s very likely”. Just like we heard “it’s very likely that trump is a Russian asset installed by Putin himself” for 2 years. 

The amount of blind spin around here that is blindly accepted and twisted to fit any individual poster’s world view is insanity. 

Um . . . "he" is me.

My point is that I think (MY OPINION) Junior and Kushner are facing legal consequence, whether in the form of sealed Mueller indictments or ones filed by other prosecutors.  I think my expectation is completely rational given the number of people who are (a) close to the family and (b) have already gone down.  I'm not exactly out on a limb here, but hey, do whatever it is you do.  (What exactly IS it you do, besides act the ass?)

Just now, maninblack said:

Somebody's bracket is toast. Lighten up Francis. I told you humorless fucks two years ago the issue was a loser but y'all shouted everyone with any common sense down and implored that we all let the investigation play out. So everyone did and now it's over. Guess what it's not my ass that's showing here chief.

So you know what's in the report and what will resolve from it? Tell it again Nostradamus.

3 minutes ago, maninblack said:

It's not, though. That's what you fail to understand. This is nowhere close to being over. 

Wow.

I see the crazies have come out of their holes.

Just one question - those of you so sure that this report is a vindication of Trump will surely join in calling for a full, unredacted release of said report, yes?
It does always seem coordinated. What's telling is Trump's silence and that he's huddled at Mara Lago with his lawyers and press aides.

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Um . . . "he" is me.

My point is that I think (MY OPINION) Junior and Kushner are facing legal consequence, whether in the form of sealed Mueller indictments or ones filed by other prosecutors.  I think my expectation is completely rational given the number of people who are (a) close to the family and (b) have already gone down.  I'm not exactly out on a limb here, but hey, do whatever it is you do.  (What exactly IS it you do, besides act the ass?)

You said it “likely” to happen. That isn’t an opinion that is you making an assertion. You could have said “I think they’ll still face legal trouble” or “I believe they are going to face legal trouble” what you said is they are likely to be indicted. That isn’t an opinion. 

30 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Nothing about this thread was "good natured" last night. That's why I bowed out early in the evening. Skimming it this morning showed I made the right decision.

Your schtick of pretending to be an even-handed, neutral referee was revealed to be a con when you joined the premature victory dance last night. Y'all were acting like aggy in the UCLA game.

scepter.0.gif

Wow you really do have a stick far up your ass. I think that you are conflating a bunch of other posters with me. I didn’t post much at all last night. A couple barbs at JimmyJames for being a bitch negger. And my usual snipes at Hugo, who was in full troll mode, for running his active measures campaign on this board.  With a side dish of good natured ribbing based on a call back to the topical thread from the old board that generated the whole [serious] tag nonsense.   

If you think that’s my victory dance, you misjudge me. Of course, feel free to quote any of my posts from last night you like to justify your whiney ass bullshit. If you need a frame of reference, the post below is more my style when I feel like rubbing some noses in it. But I’m keeping my powder dry for the moment. It’s going to take some time to sort through and organize all the nonsense that been spewed once we see the final read out.   

Edited by Anastasis

2 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

You said it “likely” to happen. That isn’t an opinion that is you making an assertion. You could have said “I think they’ll still face legal trouble” or “I believe they are going to face legal trouble” what you said is they are likely to be indicted. That isn’t an opinion. 

Oh for fuck's sake.  Blow me.  Everything posted here is an opinion -- stop being a dick.

Here:  "it's my opinion they are more likely to be indicted than not".  That good for you?

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Yeah, that's not going to cut it.

They're going to have to release the entire report and the evidence.

It's a good thing Democrats have subpoena power.

Get ready to be disappointed.

They won’t supoena it, they would rather have the claim of lack of transparency then actually get the report.

You know, maybe there are folks out there that don’t give a shit about who goes to jail or not.  They just wanted to know what happened during the 2016 election since we clearly weren’t getting the truth from Trump and his circle of proven liars.  Sadly, many of Trump’s people are now felons for lying about Russia.  

I wish they would have told us the truth up front and we wouldn’t need this investigation.  But no, they had to lie, bitch, moan, and fire everyone trying to get to the truth.

I’m still hoping we get a good collection of the facts from Mueller but it’s hard to argue Trump didn’t bring this all on himself.

• Like 1

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You know, maybe there are folks out there that don’t give a shit about who goes to jail or not.  They just wanted to know what happened during the 2016 election since we clearly weren’t getting the truth from Trump and his circle of proven liars.  Sadly, many of Trump’s people are now felons for lying about Russia.  

I wish they would have told us the truth up front and we wouldn’t need this investigation.  But no, they had to lie, bitch, moan, and fire everyone trying to get to the truth.

I’m still hoping we get a good collection of the facts from Mueller but it’s hard to argue Trump didn’t bring this all on himself.

We're going to know everything that Robert Mueller knows. It's just a matter of when.