The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

4 minutes ago, Amobie said:

And almost all of those are coming from you.  What would someone who isn't DSA say?  I'll choose that option.. 

Oh wait!  Ignore.

You lie in personal messages claiming you are a liberal and try to claim to me you have inside information your cousin works with Michael Cohen, so that I will vouch for you on the Cohen thread.

Why would anyone believe anything you say in public?

It is kind of funny. We have been getting anonymous leaked stories for a year and a half.   We have people that have posted on Russia/conspiracy four and five times every single day for over year.  Literally thousands of posts by hundreds of different people.

We finally, for the first time as it relates to Trump/Russia get actual sourced testimony and facts and no one wants to talk about it. I wonder why that is? 

Just now, sheeeit said:

It is kind of funny. We have been getting anonymous leaked stories for a year and a half.   We have people that have posted on Russia/conspiracy four and five times every single day for over year.  Literally thousands of posts by hundreds of different people.

We finally, for the first time as it relates to Trump/Russia get actual sourced testimony and facts and no one wants to talk about it. I wonder why that is? 

What do you want to talk about?

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

What was the purpose of the meeting? 

Don't feed the troll. He's signaling to you that he has time on his hands and is bored.

Probably already has some shit ready to copy and paste. 

Edited by Pods

Yesterday was insane. There's a ton of stuff that broke in the news and was buried and I didn't even see posted on here. Here's a good one. 

Here's another. 

Edited by Pods

17 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

What was the purpose of the meeting? 

From Trump Jr perspective, the purpose was to potentially get dirt on Hillary.  From the other participants, the purpose was to try and lobby the Trump team to help with the Magnitsky Act and russia's retaliatory move of banning adoptions by US folks.  

Just now, sheeeit said:

From Trump Jr perspective, the purpose was to potentially get dirt on Hillary.  From the other participants, the purpose was to try and lobby the Trump team to help with the Magnitsky Act and russia's retaliatory move of banning adoptions by US folks.  

Then why did they lie about it?

2 minutes ago, sheeeit said:

Bless your little heart.  ❤️

8 minutes ago, sheeeit said:

From Trump Jr perspective, the purpose was to potentially get dirt on Hillary.  From the other participants, the purpose was to try and lobby the Trump team to help with the SANCTIONS and russia's retaliatory move of banning adoptions by US folks in response to the US imposing SANCTIONS after Putin allies embezzled millions of dollars and murdered the whistleblower.  

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Then why did they lie about it?

Well point out a specific lie and I will be happy to address it. 

My guess is that the meeting was such a nothing that it was largely forgotten about until more details came out.  Then it just looked embarrassing.  When I google about the lies, the main thing I find is that people say Jr was lying when he said the meeting was about adoptions.  Well, based on the testimony now available of everyone at the actual meeting, it was about adoptions.  That is clearly not what Jr thought it was going to be about.  It certainly had exactly zero to do with any kind of conspiracy between the russian govt and trump et al to help in the election.

On July 8, 2017 The New York Times first reported the meeting with "a Russian lawyer who has connections to the Kremlin", arranged by Trump Jr. and including Kushner and Manafort. The information was attributed to "people familiar with the documents" and confirmed by representatives of Trump Jr. and Kushner.[2][35] On the same day, Trump Jr. released a statement saying the June 2016 meeting had been a "short introductory meeting" about adoption and "not a campaign issue".[2]

LIE

The next day it was further reported that emails setting up the meeting did not mention Russian adoptions or the Magnitsky Act; instead, Goldstone had told Trump Jr. the meeting would provide the Trump campaign with negative information about Clinton. Goldstone also wrote this offer was "part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump-helped along by Aras and Emin".[14][3][35] Trump Jr issued another statement in which he acknowledged that he had gone to the meeting expecting information about Hillary Clinton.[37]

On July 10, 2017, White House spokesperson Sanders said the president had learned of the meeting only "in the last couple of days".[48]

LIE

Also on July 11, Trump Jr. posted the email chain leading up to the meeting on Twitter; a few minutes later The New York Times also published it.[51] In a statement accompanying the posted email, Trump Jr. asserted that he had wanted to just have a phone call but that didn't work out.[52] In an interview later in the day, Sean Hannity asked whether he had been given further details of the meeting in any phone calls, and Trump Jr. again asserted that such phone calls had not taken place and it had all been email coordination.[53] He would later, in a September 7 statement, acknowledge that three such phone calls had in fact taken place before the meeting.[54] Over the next few days the identity of the attendees was established.[17]

LIE

On July 12, President Trump gave an interview with Reuters where he reiterated that he had only known about the meeting for "a couple of days" and that "many people would have held that meeting".[55] 

On July 13Corey Lewandowski was interviewed on MSNBC's Meet the PressWhen asked why he was not invited to the meeting, he claimed that he and Trump were at a rally in Florida on the date of the June 9, 2016 meeting. In fact, there was no rally in Florida.[58] Instead, Trump was at a Trump Victory fundraising lunch at the Four Seasons Hotel, two blocks from Trump Tower. At 1:02 PM, Trump left the lunch and returned to Trump Tower, "where he remained for the rest of the afternoon". According to emails, the meeting was scheduled for 4:00 PM.[59]

Although the email chain describes Natalia Veselnitskaya as a "Russian government attorney",[14] Scott Balber, attorney for the Agalarovs, said in a July 14, 2017 interview that Veselnitskaya has no association with the Russian government.[60] 

LIE

On April 27 2018, in an NBC News Interview, Veselnitskaya stated “I am a lawyer, and I am an informant,” adding that “since 2013, I have been actively communicating with the office of the Russian prosecutor general,” Her admission to being an informant contradicted her November 2017 statement to the Senate Judiciary Committee, in which she said “I have no relationship with Mr. Chaika, his representatives and his institutions other than those related to my professional functions as a lawyer.” [16]

This is why you don't feed the troll. There's actual news going on. 

The FBI already knew Cohen was talking about building a Trump Tower with individuals that had interfered in the election BEFORE Mueller was appointed. 

3 minutes ago, sheeeit said:

My guess is that the meeting was such a nothing that it was largely forgotten about until more details came out.  Then it just looked embarrassing.  When I google about the lies, the main thing I find is that people say Jr was lying when he said the meeting was about adoptions.  Well, based on the testimony now available of everyone at the actual meeting, it was about adoptions.  That is clearly not what Jr thought it was going to be about.  It certainly had exactly zero to do with any kind of conspiracy between the russian govt and trump et al to help in the election.

Your level of certainty seems to be somewhat malleable.

3 minutes ago, sheeeit said:

A meeting about the lifting of economic sanctions on rich and powerful Russians with the promise of "dirt on Hilary Clinton" has nothing to do with a conspiracy. That is the definition of a quid pro quo. 

3 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

A meeting about the lifting of economic sanctions on rich and powerful Russians with the promise of "dirt on Hilary Clinton" has nothing to do with a conspiracy. That is the definition of a quid pro quo. 

It was literally a meeting to discuss Russia giving them politically damaging information (opportunity research, an in-kind campaign contribution from Russia) in exchange for dropping sanctions on Russia.

It makes you wonder how deep it must get when that is the best case cover story they could come up with. 

Edited by Pods

2 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

Coincidentally, Wikileaks started to release the hacked emails (gifted by Russia) a couple weeks after the Trump tower meeting.   

3 minutes ago, Pods said:

This is why you don't feed the troll. There's actual news going on. 

The FBI already knew Cohen was talking about building a Trump Tower with individuals that had interfered in the election BEFORE Mueller was appointed. 

This is actually perfect for this board and all things Trump.  We have actual verified testimony regarding this whole fiasco and that testimony is dismissed and seemingly not worth anyone's time, BUT a new blog post from some unknown person that talks about information from unnamed, anonymous fbi agents (who we have been told for a year do not leak ever) is considered news.  I am not at all surprised.

Just now, sheeeit said:

This is actually perfect for this board and all things Trump.  We have actual verified testimony regarding this whole fiasco and that testimony is dismissed and seemingly not worth anyone's time, BUT a new blog post from some unknown person that talks about information from unnamed, anonymous fbi agents (who we have been told for a year do not leak ever) is considered news.  I am not at all surprised.

It's a link to an article on buzzfeed dipshit. 

Here's a good summary article by Natasha Bertrand. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/05/the-lingering-mysteries-of-a-trump-russia-conspiracy/560465/

The Lingering Mysteries of a Trump-Russia Conspiracy

A year of dizzying developments have bolstered both Mueller’s critics, who say he’s on a “fishing expedition,” and his defenders, who believe he’s leaving no stone unturned.

Edited by Pods

Kush in the news today. 

Kushner says he left the Trump Tower meeting early. Goldstone and Kaveladze say he didn't. 

Kushner is also close to being bailed out for his 666 Fifth Boondoggle by the government of Qatar. 
Edited by Pods

The saddest thing about Peter Strozk is he is one of the very best in counterintelligence and he’s now working in HR.

It makes perfect sense why he didn’t want to blow the lid off the Trump investigation pre-election...it would have let the bad guys get away by tipping everyone off.  No wonder why the bad guys hate his fucking guts.

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The saddest thing about Peter Strozk is he is one of the very best in counterintelligence and he’s now working in HR.

It makes perfect sense why he didn’t want to blow the lid off the Trump investigation pre-election...it would have let the bad guys get away by tipping everyone off.  No wonder why the bad guys hate his fucking guts.

A shitload of historians are going to get PhD's in this mess. It sucks, but he'll be vindicated by history at least. 

46 minutes ago, Pods said:

Yesterday was insane. There's a ton of stuff that broke in the news and was buried and I didn't even see posted on here. Here's a good one. 

Here's another. 

Another beauty.  Makes perfect sense in some worlds.  

Pods- The trump tower meeting was specifically about lifting sanctions in exchange for election help.

Pods- Kushner furious that meeting was not about lifting sanctions in exchange for election help.

4 minutes ago, sheeeit said:

Pods- The trump tower meeting was specifically about lifting sanctions in exchange for election help.

Pods- Kushner furious that meeting was not about lifting sanctions in exchange for election help.

Shocker that you are trying to change the message and change what people actually said. 

The meeting was specifically about lifting sanctions in exchange for sanctions help. Veselnitskya said she would be delivering it. She didn't. Trump had already said publicly that he would be releasing the info in a few days. Kushner was pissed she didn't deliver.

Edited by Pods

2 minutes ago, sheeeit said:

Your basing your impression of the meeting based on the testimony of those in the meeting, which is fair. But 1) they've all proven to be liars who constantly change their stories as more news is shed and 2) If they sat their and talked about smoking gun type of shit, do you think they would just admit to that? 

• Like 1

We don't know that she didn't deliver.  Probably not in the immediate way they were expecting or Trump wouldn't have mentioned giving a speech on the Clinton's in a couple of days.  But the only people who are claiming they didn't get anything don't have the best track record with the truth and have lots of incentive to lie.

Trump on trial while every ancillary character in his life, which he probably berated and badmouthed, exclaiming "that's who done it, he's a very bad man, a very bad bad man!" will be like the last episode of Seinfeld.

Then the Russians will roll up and viola, Sopranos ending. Plus Training Day King Kong tweets.

1 minute ago, Lagunamadre said:

Your basing your impression of the meeting based on the testimony of those in the meeting, which is fair. But 1) they've all proven to be liars who constantly change their stories as more news is shed and 2) If they sat their and talked about smoking gun type of shit, do you think they would just admit to that? 

That's entirely my point. The best case story that they could come up with is that this meeting was about the Russians giving the Trump campaign opposition research, which is an in-kind donation, in exchange for Trump dropping sanctions on Russia. 

When that's the story, what are you covering up? Here are Manafort's notes. Cyprus strongly implies money laundering and likely could involve Wilbur Ross. 'Active sponsors of RNC' is fishy. Every mention of Bill Browder is about sanctions. So is the mention of adoption. 

5afc71a7b9c4f91c008b4e3f-400.jpg

3 minutes ago, kevwun said:

We don't know that she didn't deliver.  Probably not in the immediate way they were expecting or Trump wouldn't have mentioned giving a speech on the Clinton's in a couple of days.  But the only people who are claiming they didn't get anything don't have the best track record with the truth and have lots of incentive to lie.

Totally true. Most of these leaks have been from pro-Trump sources and the journalists haven't done their job validating and burning unreliable sources. Him getting mad that they didn't deliver can easily be a cover story planted by Jared. 

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/qvn8xq/the-first-year-of-the-mueller-investigation-by-the-numbers?utm_source=dmfb

The first year of the Mueller investigation, by the numbers

By Taylor Dolven May 17, 2018

One year into Robert Mueller’s special counsel gig, the question he was assigned to answer — whether the Trump presidential campaign had anything to do with Russian interference in the 2016 election — is still a mystery.

That doesn’t mean Mueller has been slacking. In that same time, he’s brought more than 100 charges against nearly 20 people and sent one of them to prison. But Americans are divided on whether Mueller should be able to continue digging, and President Trump continues to insist that the probe is a witch hunt.

Mueller was appointed on May 17, 2017, after Trump fired FBI Director James Comey. Attorney General Jeff Sessions recused himself from the investigation in March because of his close involvement in the Trump campaign, leaving oversight of Mueller up to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein. By all accounts, the special counsel's first year has been a wild ride.

Here’s what’s happened in Mueller’s first year, by the numbers:

19 PEOPLE CHARGED

Trump associates

1. George Papadopoulos: former Trump campaign foreign affairs adviser

2. Michael Flynn: former National Security Adviser

3. Paul Manafort: former Trump campaign manager

4. Rick Gates: former Trump campaign advisor

Others 

5. Richard Pinedo: California man who sold bank accounts to Russians

6. Alex van der Zwaan: Dutch lawyer who worked with Manafort and Gates on foreign lobbying in Ukraine

+13 Russian nationals

3 RUSSIAN COMPANIES CHARGED

1. Internet Research Agency: a Russian propaganda company

2. Concord Management and Consulting LLC: accused of funding Russian propaganda in U.S. election

3. Concord Catering: accused of funding Russian propaganda in U.S. election

5 GUILTY PLEAS

1. George Papadopoulos - pleaded guilty to lying to FBI about conversations with people he thought were Russians

2. Michael Flynn - pleaded guilty to lying to FBI about conversations with the Russian ambassador

3. Rick Gates - pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI and financial fraud

4. Richard Pinedo - pleaded guilty to identity fraud

5. Alex van der Zwaan - pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about the timing of his conversations with Rick Gates

ONE PRISON SENTENCE

A federal judge sentenced Dutch lawyer Alex van der Zwaan to 30 days in prison and a $20,000 fine in April for lying to the FBI. Van der Zwaan worked with former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort and advisor Rick Gates on lobbying in Ukraine. He pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about the timing of his conversations with Gates, and deleting emails the FBI requested.

2 ATTEMPTS TO FIRE MUELLER

President Trump has twice made moves to fire Mueller, once in June 2017 and again in December 2017, according to the New York Times. Trump doesn’t have the direct power to fire Mueller; only Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein can do that, despite Trump's assertions to the contrary. But that hasn’t stopped Trump from threatening to fire Mueller when he’s angry about the probe expanding into his personal business.

$6.7 MILLION+ SPENT

Mueller racked up a $6.7 million bill from May 17 to Sept 30, 2017, the first four months of the investigation. That taxpayer money paid for the salaries of his staff, travel and office expenses, and rent and utilities. We’ll know in June how much money Mueller spent through March 2018.

1 VERY IMPORTANT REFERRAL

Mueller referred a case against Trump’s longtime personal lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen to federal prosecutors in the Southern District of New York earlier this year. The FBI raided Cohen’s home, office and hotel room in April in search of documents related to coverups of alleged affairs Trump had. Cohen is being investigated for bank fraud and campaign finance violations.

49 LEAKED QUESTIONS

The New York Times published 49 questions Mueller is dying to ask Trump. They show that Mueller may know more than the public does about Trump campaign activities related to Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. election.

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

4 minutes ago, Pods said:

Totally true. Most of these leaks have been from pro-Trump sources and the journalists haven't done their job validating and burning unreliable sources. Him getting mad that they didn't deliver can easily be a cover story planted by Jared. 

And they never come clean about anything at the start.  They deny, then lie, then lie some more.

Edited by kevwun

28 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

25 minutes ago, Pods said:

It was literally a meeting to discuss Russia giving them politically damaging information (opportunity research, an in-kind campaign contribution from Russia) in exchange for dropping sanctions on Russia.

It makes you wonder how deep it must get when that is the best case cover story they could come up with. 

I know that is what you guys want it to be about.  You really really want it to be.  None of you obviously read any of the testimonies.  The following is a list of questions that was asked of all of the meeting participants under oath and penalty of perjury and subject to cross examination (except Nataliya).  Jr, Nataliya, Ike, Rinat, Goldstone and the interpreter.  All of them asked the same list of questions and this is from the interpreter:

16 BY MS . BRENNAN : 1 7 Q. Turning now t o the mee ti ng itself on June 1 8 9 , 201 6 , did anyone s t a t e that t he Russian 1 9 Government support e d Do nald Trump ' s Pr e side ntial 20 campa ign?

21 A. No .

2 2 Q. Did anyone state that the Russian 23 Government opposed Hillary Clinton 's c ampaign?

24 2 5 A No.

Q. Did anyo n e at the me eti ng o ff e r t o 1 releas e hacke d emails to aid the Trump campaign?

2 A No .

3 Q. Did a nyo ne o ffer to manufacture or 4 distribute fake news to aid the Trump campaign?

5 A No .

6 Q. Did anyone offer to hack State voter 7 reg istratio n systems t o obtain v o t e r data to aid 8 the Trump campa ign?

A No .

44 9 1 0 Q. Was there any discussio n of anything that 11 might rea sonably be considered collusion between 12 the Trump campaign and the Russian Government?

13 A. No .

Every participant said the exact same thing in regards to this.  These are publicly available.  Just read them.  It is not surprising that the media hasnt produced these quotes but they release the fact that one person said Kushner left the meeting early and another said he didnt.  Solid reporting on the pertinent facts there.

How about any of you read the transcripts and tell me how Mueller is going to prove anything related to conspiracy as a result of this meeting.  

15 minutes ago, Pods said:

Shocker that you are trying to change the message and change what people actually said. 

The meeting was specifically about lifting sanctions in exchange for sanctions help. Veselnitskya said she would be delivering it. She didn't. Trump had already said publicly that he would be releasing the info in a few days. Kushner was pissed she didn't deliver.

Like I said, you can not keep track of your own story and the lies needed to make it true.  At least now you seem to be admitting that there was no dirt delivered.

Show us one link of any kind where nataliya " said she would be delivering it".  That is a total fabrication and you know it.  She never said anything even remotely about that.  She had zero communication with Jr or Kushner or Manafort prior to the actual meeting.