Show me your old Tacos (4Runner, FJ, Landcruiser, bronco etc)

cknight

12 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

You should throw it away now. All used up.

Let me know where to pick it up. I'll take a 3rd one.

I have an 88 fj62 w 225k and my wife’s  2015 w 254k i now drive , sold the 2002 to cousins son, after snowmaggedon .  transmission acted funny , then fan went through the radiator and the ignition cam snapped in half. Fixed the 2nd two , transmission  straightened up and decided to sell to hs kid (cheeper than I should have ) looking for a Toyota truck figuring he would have to replace transmission soon. , regret it about every other day 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

Kind of an Xterra vibe with those rear side windows.

And that teal green color on the Trailhunter is badass. Can we have that on a Landcruiser 58 trim please?

GKu4G5EWMAAMILQ?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by smuggs
  • Hook 'Em 2

Well, it’s definitely Tacoma-based.

It doesn’t look bad, but I do kinda prefer the proportions of the old one.

This one looks like it has a higher beltline to me, but it may be the door lines throwing me off. I kinda wish the front was more unique looking instead of Tacoma-adjacent.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2024 at 9:58 AM, Texzilla588 said:

I’m disappointed on the lack of a V6 in either the LC or 4Runner. If I have the bucks I’d go with the Lexus.

Will stick with my 99 SR5 Sport V6 4wD. Only 175k.

I would HATE having a V6 in the LC. In lieu of the V8 I am interested in the 4 cylinder hybrid, especially if mileage really is 20+. I've been driving LCs since 1994 and have never gotten better than 13 MPG on a tank of gas. 

2 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Already hearing reports of $25K dealer markup on new LCs. 

Unless you're in hurry I'd give it another year or so.   Never buy first year production.   What's the old saying the pioneers get the arrows.   That combined with a collapsing car market, you could end up with a better ride and a much better deal.

Just my .02

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, locodos said:

Unless you're in hurry I'd give it another year or so.   Never buy first year production.   What's the old saying the pioneers get the arrows.   That combined with a collapsing car market, you could end up with a better ride and a much better deal.

Just my .02

oh, totally agree. I'm not in need of a new vehicle at all (knock on wood). My Tundra is paid off and has 120K miles on it. I figure I've got at least 5 more years at my current annual mileage. I'd like to wait 5 years and pick up a lightly used 1-2 year old LC once they work out the kinks. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I had a 94 80 I got brand new and put 250k miles on it, then a 97 40th Anniversary with locking diffs at 90k miles I put 150k more on it and now I have a 200 series I bought with 44k miles. In my experience brand new and 100k miles are virtually indistinguishable except for the new car smell and regular wear and tear on the interior. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1