Sen. Feinstein dies at age 90

Gil Bang

I don't get the Brooks Brothers reference?  

And what the fuck is "A Steve Garvey Campaign" exactly?  Don't get me wrong, his '76 Los Angeles campaign was phenomenal.  '84 San Diego, another great campaign.  But 75 year old Steve Garvey as the fresh face of the 'New California GOP'?  Yeah, that's not a great campaign.  Plus, I don't think "Mister Clean" has the name recognition anymore he thinks he does. 

Hated him for what he did to Cubs pitching in the NLCS, but great career overall.  One of the best First Baseman not in the Hall of Fame.  One of the best Republicans not in the U.S. Senate.  You know, because it's such a fucking low bar. 

I could see a little bit of that, considering all the side ass he was trying to get.  Plus a great bat for most of his career.  But Garvey had a great glove, Dorn's fielding was a huge problem.  Though Corbin Bernsen, while smug and cocky, was charismatic.  Steve Garvey tries hard to come across as cool and likable, but he's been a fucking tool since he was drafted.  Meh, the 2024 California GOP primary for Senate isn't gonna be all that interesting.  

I'm holding out for a better pick in the 2026 Florida GOP primary for Senate.  Garvey could host. 

No change in Lee-Porter-Schiff race. I’m sure someone is just temporarily filling her position as head of EMILY’s List. She’ll take it back in January 2025 with a whole lot of credentials and contacts in DC now 

• Hook 'Em 3