Formula 1 2021

wood

2 minutes ago, wood said:

No, that's not what I'm saying at all, and of course you knew that, but as we've seen above you simply can't make an honest argument. I'm saying shit has happened all season that has disadvantaged both drivers, probably Max more than Lewis. You can't just look at the season as one decision in isolation at the end that didn't work out for the guy you wanted to win, as if it was the only one. Well, you can, because that's what you're doing, but it just makes you look stupid.

Nothing that happened this year even came close to approaching the level of what happened yesterday.  But again, you know that deep down but your hatred of Lewis is keeping you from seeing it.  

Does the steward situation need to be rectified?  Absolutely.  That has nothing to do with Masi's actions yesterday.

• Like 1

No, that's not what I'm saying at all, and of course you knew that, but as we've seen above you simply can't make an honest argument. I'm saying shit has happened all season that has disadvantaged both drivers, probably Max more than Lewis. You can't just look at the season as one decision in isolation at the end that didn't work out for the guy you wanted to win, as if it was the only one. Well, you can, because that's what you're doing, but it just makes you look stupid.

You’re fixated on Lewis. Sainz lost out, as did Tsunoda and anyone else that was fighting for any points. Why didn’t Sainz get to go for the win?

Massi didn’t fuck up a decision between two drivers - he fucked the whole field, minus Max.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Good Lord, take a breath.  If you can't admit this is a bad look for F1, I don't know what to say.  Congrats on Lewis losing, because that's clearly the only thing you care about.

Take a breath? LOL, stfu. Try being hionest for once. Yet again you make up some bullshit I didn't say & never meant. I do think it's a bad look for F1 that they can't get their shit together, but it didn't just start yesterday and it didn't just disadvantage Lewis. Acting like it did just makes you look like ridiculous & hysterical. 

Keep crying. It's not gonna change anything.

4 minutes ago, Kdub said:

I've been a fan of F1 since my dad took me to San Marino at 9, when he was stationed in Italy. He was a Lewis fan, which is funny because dad was bit prejudiced. But lived his story of how he came up. My dad passed on Thursday. We didn't get along well, but we always had a love for F1. Anyway back to your scheduled surly asshattery

That's pretty damn awesome thing to share with dad man, damn sorry to hear about his passing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wood said:

Take a breath? LOL, stfu. Try being hionest for once. Yet again you make up some bullshit I didn't say & never meant. I do think it's a bad look for F1 that they can't get their shit together, but it didn't just start yesterday and it didn't just disadvantage Lewis. Acting like it did just makes you look like ridiculous & hysterical. 

Keep crying. It's not gonna change anything.

Congrats on the Lewis loss.  I'm done having this conversation with your stupid ass.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

You’re right - Max and Red Bull fans and folks that hate Lewis and Merc are fine with the ends justifying the means.

I'm not wading into the Chewbacca/Wood argument, but who on this thread is a Max/Merc fan? Goofy, I know you are. It seems like tons of other folks were rooting for him, giving rep for every pro-Lewis comment, but then deny ever being a fan. 

3 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

You’re fixated on Lewis. Sainz lost out, as did Tsunoda and anyone else that was fighting for any points. Why didn’t Sainz get to go for the win?

Massi didn’t fuck up a decision between two drivers - he fucked the whole field, minus Max.

Yup.  Why didn't Sainz get a chance to come after Lewis and Max?  Why didn't Tsunoda get a chance for his first podium?  Masi wanted his TV finish and I hope it costs him his job.

• Like 2

I'm not wading into the Chewbacca/Wood argument, but who on this thread is a Max/Merc fan? Goofy, I know you are. It seems like tons of other folks were rooting for him, giving rep for every pro-Lewis comment, but then deny ever being a fan. 

Die hard Merc / Lewis fan, but also like Lando and Daniel a bunch, as well as Sainz. Lando beating Lewis would be awesome. I like McLaren as a team. I switch between Merc and McLaren gear at COTA on race weekends.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I was rooting for Lewis just because I hate Max fans.  Not really a fan of his.  Give me Danny, Lando, Sainz, Leclerc, Yuki, Gasly, Seb before either one of them.  But I don't hate Max.  Just his annoying ass fans, and his dad, and Horner and Marko.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goofyboy said:

Die hard Merc / Lewis fan, but also like Lando and Daniel a bunch, as well as Sainz. Lando beating Lewis would be awesome. I like McLaren as a team. I switch between Merc and McLaren gear at COTA on race weekends.

I think all of us like a lot of the guys. I'm talking specifically about liking Lewis. I feel like you might be the only person who seems to say unequivocally that you are a Hamilton fan.

I got the impression quite a few went from rooting for Lewis to then saying "I'm not a fan, but he got hosed." Maybe it's just my perception of it.

1 minute ago, Chewbacca said:

I was rooting for Lewis just because I hate Max fans.  Not really a fan of his.  Give me Danny, Lando, Sainz, Leclerc, Yuki, Gasly, Seb before either one of them.  But I don't hate Max.  Just his annoying ass fans, and his dad, and Horner and Marko.

Ok, so this is what I was picking up on. Rooting for Lewis, but then say you're not a fan. Seems like if you're rooting for him that you are a fan. 

1 minute ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Ok, so this is what I was picking up on. Rooting for Lewis, but then say you're not a fan. Seems like if you're rooting for him that you are a fan. 

I only had 2 choices.  Between Lewis and Max, give me Lewis.  Between either one and the rest of the grid, and they're way down in the field.

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm a longtime Kimi fan. I liked Mika Haikkinen before him and Eddie Irvine. Also was pretty partial to Jensen Button, and that's where my original antipathy for Lewis came from.

I cheer for teams much more than drivers though in general which I guess is the engineer nerd in me.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Yup.  Why didn't Sainz get a chance to come after Lewis and Max?  Why didn't Tsunoda get a chance for his first podium?  Masi wanted his TV finish and I hope it costs him his job.

This is it right here. It really doesn’t matter who won, who was screwed … the decision was taken to end the race as dramatically as possible by bending the rules in an unprecedented way. That is disheartening for those of us who watch this as a sporting competition and not just as the live component of a Netflix series puffed up and made for TV entertainment.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I suspect a lot of us are mclaren fans but got stuck picking one of the two top teams this year. Normally Mercedes has been so far out front the past 8 years it never mattered. So we are fortunate we had a competitive year for once.

There are probably quite a few Ferrari fans as well. Hopefully we can go back to our normal teams someday

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

I'll be honest -- and I'm sincerely not trying to start another argument on this thread (lord knows there have been enough). But my perception has been that the anti-Max fans have been another level on this thread. Don't like Max? I completely understand. But seems like the vitriol thrown his way has been unbelievable and way above and beyond anything mentioned around Lewis.

4 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I'll be honest -- and I'm sincerely not trying to start another argument on this thread (lord knows there have been enough). But my perception has been that the anti-Max fans have been another level on this thread. Don't like Max? I completely understand. But seems like the vitriol thrown his way has been unbelievable and way above and beyond anything mentioned around Lewis.

My hate for Max, is based on personal interactions...but anyway

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Congrats on the Lewis loss.  I'm done having this conversation with your stupid ass.

Good. Fuck off. Good riddance with your dishonest bullshit. You know you have nothing of substance left when you resort to that weak crap.

Edited by wood

17 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

BTW, I will say that Lewis has been very gracious in defeat.  Maybe it's easier when you already have 7 WDCs, but he's been classy.  Even @wood can't deny that.

Yeah he was great after he got out of the car. The 'dangerous driving" bullshit was classic Lewis though.

Just met him a couple times at VIP events, he arrogant and came off as a prick. I can understand the arrogance given his talent, but being a prick, no call call for it. Not nearly as bad as his father. Lewis was kind and came off as genuine. Simple as that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kdub said:

Just met him a couple times at VIP events, he arrogant and came off as a prick. I can understand the arrogance given his talent, but being a prick, no call call for it. Not nearly as bad as his father. Lewis was kind and came off as genuine. Simple as that.

Oh. I thought you were going to say he have you a swirlie and kicked your dog. 

7 minutes ago, Kdub said:

Jesus fucking christ, just stop already, every driver is a whiny bitch during the race. 

Not every driver complains about 'dangerous driving' almost every time someone actually dares to race him hard. Don't worry about what I say about Lewis while you repeatedly trash Max. I said he was great once he got out of the car. I was actually fairly impressed by that. I don't like the guy, but that won't stop me from giving him credit for that. What else do you want? Again, nobody can say shit about Lewis without people crying about it, but it's open season on Max. Can't have it both ways.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1

Weird comment.

I’m a huge Lewis fan. So is Vicerous. Goofy too, of course.

Vicerous and I used to post a lot more on the old threads on Shaggy (I was RottenBananas then).

I generally like the entire grid aside from Max. I do respect Alonso a ton but he’s not my thing. I think the grid has a shitload of talent on it right now.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Kdub said:

Jesus fucking christ, just stop already, every driver is a whiny bitch during the race. 

1. I do think Lewis is whinier than most. 

2. Because he's the 7X champion, always at the front, and British, I think we get a lot more exposure to his radio on the F1 feed. For instance, I know his race engineer is Bono. No idea anyone else engineer, even Max. 

So even if he were of "average" whininess, it would come across as a lot more.

Because he sucks.

giphy.gif
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, wood said:

Not every driver complains about 'dangerous driving' almost every time someone actually dares to race him hard. Don't worry about what I say about Lewis while you repeatedly trash Max. 

I acknowledge his talent, is he aggressive, yes, he's dangerous, sometimes, the Fuck Max thing is based on personal interactions and get a couple giggles. If you call that trashing fine. That's  your opinion and you're entitled to it. 

• Like 1

2. Because he's the 7X champion, always at the front, and British, I think we get a lot more exposure to his radio on the F1 feed. For instance, I know his race engineer is Bono. No idea anyone else engineer, even Max. 

I used to know Lando’s engineers name, but he moved over to Indy.

Lewis has a script for when he drives. A buddy that I text with during races and I bet on when and how often tires are discussed. It’s his radio chatter. It’s dumb. It also works. His radio chatter to his engineer - whether serious or not - works for them.

I don’t dislike Max. Don’t follow him. I don’t like Red Bull. I like Perez, which sucks, because he drives for Red Bull.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kdub said:

I acknowledge his talent, is he aggressive, yes, he's dangerous, sometimes, the Fuck Max thing is based on personal interactions and get a couple giggles. If you call that trashing fine. That's  your opinion and you're entitled to it. 

Call it humor if you want. I dgaf though. You can say whatever you want to about any driver you want. Others decided it was fine to trash drivers (except Lewis) here, not me. I just joined in the fun since it was open season anyway. So you don't need to worry about what I say about Lewis, whom I've been around on multiple occasions as well.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1

It’s a lot better than the days of Rocky begging Seb to not set the fastest lap on the last lap of every single Grand Prix.

I miss Rob Smedley.

I used to know Lando’s engineers name, but he moved over to Indy.

Lewis has a script for when he drives. A buddy that I text with during races and I bet on when and how often tires are discussed. It’s his radio chatter. It’s dumb. It also works. His radio chatter to his engineer - whether serious or not - works for them.

I don’t dislike Max. Don’t follow him. I don’t like Red Bull. I like Perez, which sucks, because he drives for Red Bull.

Andrew Jarvis.

Max’s is Gianpiero Lambiase.
  • Like 1

It’s a lot better than the days of Rocky begging Seb to not set the fastest lap on the last lap of every single Grand Prix.

I miss Rob Smedley.

Hell it wasn’t even that long ago when Seb told Charlie to fuck off.

Drivers say weird shit when in the car. Kimi is an outright asshole and gets praised for it. None of it bothers me either way.
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Updawg said:

I suspect a lot of us are mclaren fans but got stuck picking one of the two top teams this year. Normally Mercedes has been so far out front the past 8 years it never mattered. So we are fortunate we had a competitive year for once.

There are probably quite a few Ferrari fans as well. Hopefully we can go back to our normal teams someday

Fuck Ferrari with a million rusty, spiked dildos. How's that for vitriol, @FirstTimeCaller? Lol

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
42 minutes ago, wood said:
Good. Fuck off. Good riddance with your dishonest bullshit. You know you have nothing of substance left when you resort to that weak crap.

Maybe you should quit being a bitch?

Great comeback. You obviously know you're completely full of shit. You have nothing at all for me. 

Picked a great year to start following the sport, and assume most years will be a disappointment. This thread reads like most in any sport where people try act like they’re objective, but look anything but. 

I really did think there couldn’t be any douchery poster than the soccer snob, who’s been watching longer than anyone and has real reasons for supporting his team unlike the newbie bandwagoners but it seems like the “I’ve been watching F1 guy since…” beats them out by a good margin lol.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3