Police shooting and chase in North Dallas

Zepol87

Late but didn't see a thread on this. I'm on tapa so my bad if there is one.

Dude shot a loss prevention officer and 2 cops at Home Depot. Critical condition. Police chase ensues and he just got him in the oak lawn area. Not many other details

7 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

Started maybe in south Dallas, thru Uptown then Oak Lawn. Tons of police cars and multiple helicopters after him. Glad they got him.

Started in Lake Highlands. I’m on road and fam was going to go eat at club on Greenville between Walnut Hill and Royal and Greenville. Club on lock down because of this idiot. So, new dinner plans. Then my wife tried to go to CVS 30 mins ago on Lemmon (why, I’ve no idea), but it’s closed because of this idiot. Glad they caught him. 

1 minute ago, pch said:

Heard on the Ticket that one of the officers died.  Prayers for his family as well as those who survived.

They said that earlier but they've kind of back-tracked there. None of the news stations are going with any confirmed dead now.

5 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:
Started in Lake Highlands. I’m on road and fam was going to go eat at club on Greenville between Walnut Hill and Royal and Greenville. Club on lock down because of this idiot. So, new dinner plans. Then my wife tried to go to CVS 30 mins ago on Lemmon (why, I’ve no idea), but it’s closed because of this idiot. Glad they caught him. 

I’m talking about the police chase tonight not what happened this afternoon. He was spotted in south dallas. My friends were in the lockdown at Royal Oaks CC

Edited by bigup2dahorns

5 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

I’m talking about the police chase tonight not what happened this afternoon. He was spotted in south dallas. My friends were in the lockdown at Royal Oaks CC

Yeah I’m talking about ROCC. I thought they were the same guy; the article on dallasnews.com says the incident started at a Home Depot in Lake Highlands, which would support why the club was on lockdown. Not sure if that timing works though. Perhaps there were two incidents. 

8 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Not sure if that's Oak Lawn or West Highland Park there. Just up the street from Halal Guys, a stone's throw from The Ivy.

On Lemmon.  Just west of Tollway from our CVS, or right across Lemmon from other CVS. Literally a quarter mile from our house. 

Female officer was shot in the face, the male in the back of the head.  Various reports that he died or was being kept on life support until the family could get to the hospital.

Yep, local ABC reporter was quick on the scene and she was reporting that info. She said one officer would not make it.

All started at the home depot on forest right?

Yes. Their security officer spotted a guy known to the police for theft and he had arrest warrant outstanding. Security officer called for the police to come arrest the guy. When the two officers showed up, the suspect shot all three of the officers and fled the scene.

6 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

All started at the home depot on forest right?

Yeah, this is fucked up.  I was at that home depot shopping and must have left as all this happened, saw 15 cops drive on the wrong side of forest to get around traffic so i knew something big was going down but never would have thought it was at the HD .  I actually saw both officers one was walking around the store with paperwork figured he was just ticketing some shoplifter 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

Yeah I’m talking about ROCC. I thought they were the same guy; the article on dallasnews.com says the incident started at a Home Depot in Lake Highlands, which would support why the club was on lockdown. Not sure if that timing works though. Perhaps there were two incidents. 

Multiple incidents.gif

7 hours ago, Constant said:

The female officer is an old partner of mine and one of my best friends. I'm not going to get into specifics of her condition, but she is critical but stable. Her partner is worse off. 

Please keep both in your prayers if that is your thing. 

damn.  T's and P's. 

9 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

That guy deserves to die and I’m fairly surprised he’s alive. 

This.  The asshole will probably get the death penalty (properly so) and it will take 10 years and $$$ to get the job done.  T&P's for the officers. 

2 minutes ago, Catpfish said:

I wonder if he got an officer's gun somehow.  If he was willing to shoot his way out, it seems he would have done it sooner before the police arrived.

Sounds like they were trying to surprise him because he had a history of theft. POS probably didn't want to go jail for the prior car theft case he was on probation for and somehow thought he would get away. 

Just now, AngryBevo said:

Sounds like they were trying to surprise him because he had a history of theft. POS probably didn't want to go jail for the prior car theft case he was on probation for and somehow thought he would get away. 

That's entirely possible.  I was only going off of what was reported on the Austin news and they said that the guy had originally been detained by the loss prevention guy at Home Depot

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

I'll never understand why someone with warrants is willing to bump their offense up to capital murder. Thoughts with the brave officers of the NE Division. 

Musers said he was looking at two years -- deferred adjudication on the car theft case. That MFer is gonna fry now.

1 hour ago, bigup2dahorns said:

I never heard that the suspect was detained by the security guard at HD, only that he was spotted and known by the security guard to have a warrant out for him, so then the security guard called for the police.

An off duty Dallas Police Officer who was not wounded made initial contact with the suspect. After the other officers arrived, the off duty officer went to the on duty police officers squad car to verify the suspect was wanted. That is when the shooting occurred in the loss prevention office area.

Pleasant Grove in Southeast Dallas has the worst population of criminals in Texas. An entire subculture of criminals and criminal mindset runs through that area. The suspect lives on Buttercup Lane and it is in the heart of thugville. Criminal activity is bred there.

2 hours ago, CHEF DIESEL said:

An off duty Dallas Police Officer who was not wounded made initial contact with the suspect. After the other officers arrived, the off duty officer went to the on duty police officers squad car to verify the suspect was wanted. That is when the shooting occurred in the loss prevention office area.

Pleasant Grove in Southeast Dallas has the worst population of criminals in Texas. An entire subculture of criminals and criminal mindset runs through that area. The suspect lives on Buttercup Lane and it is in the heart of thugville. Criminal activity is bred there.

Officer Santander was class of 09 from Skyline High School. Take a guess where that school is located? Lots of members here went to that school as well. 

• Like 1

Just got back from the hospital. She is hanging tough and hitting all the benchmarks so far. She has a long road ahead, but there is light at the end. Please wish her strength over these next few challenging days. 

And RIP to my other brother. 

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

My friend had her last surgery(hopefully) yesterday and is still making a strong recovery. She still has a long road in certain areas, but she is incredibly strong and has come so far in such a short period of time. Thank you to everyone who prayed for her and I ask you continue to keep her in your thoughts. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

It has been a year already. Damn. Seems like yesterday and 10 years ago all at the same time. My friend still has a long road ahead of her. She still has memory issues and she is completely blind in her left eye, so she’s learning to live with that. She has been so strong and positive through it all though. It saddens me that we’ll never ride in the same car again, but I am also uplifted by her resolve and her ability to overcome. A lot of big things on the horizon for her.

• Like 3