2021 UFC/MMA thread

shadow_operative2.0

I'm on record as saying that Ian Garry is a future champion, but Magny is a tough guy to look good against.  And he's only been stopped twice.
Garry by decision, but I think he could be tested a bit here, which would be good for him.

Magny seems to be respecting Garry too much. I mean, for good reason, but he has to take it to him.

2 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Magny seems to be respecting Garry too much. I mean, for good reason, but he has to take it to him.

It seems like his leg was already comprised from those first three calf kicks that dropped him.  

It also seems like Garry is looking for a highlight reel finish, when he could've already ended this with leg kicks.

10 hours ago, JohnnyRage said:

Surprised official? UFC put this up already last night. They must feel that they need to hype this new champion up.

Bantamweight has never really sold they are trying to push it all they can with dude! Weed! Man because he's got such a large social media following. It sells, he is pretty entertaining I like his podcast and besides all the face tats and silly stuff he's a fun fighter to watch and interesting guy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Can't find a good video of Jung Chan-sung walking off after retirement, but the 8k UFC camera captured it beautifully. Warrior going out on his shield on his side of the globe. The crowd didn't leave, and then to hear them belting out the chorus of 'Zombie' was awesome.

It's in this ESPN+ video if the link clicks through

https://www.espn.com/espnplus/player/_/id/176b51ca-8d8d-4546-878d-3f0994dccaa1

If not, his a shitty camera that does not do the moment justice.

On 8/26/2023 at 9:22 AM, TexArcher said:

Izzy does everything Strickland does better, and he also finishes fights.  He should walk right through Strickland.

If Strickland was smart he'd go for a takedown and GnP. 

If he was smart

He's going to stand there and try to trade and get picked apart until he uses that shitty mummy guard defense and his chin gets more deleted. Izzy by KO round 2

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

That was a hell of a fight. A draw seems appropriate, but how do you get to 47-47, the third round? WTF

10 09

19 19

29 27

38 37

47-47

You don’t. Unless you’re trying to manufacture a result. The one judge had it 3-1 Valentina heading into the 5th. Then he gave Grasso a 10-8 in the 5th to get to 47-47. I agree that a draw made a ton of sense. But you can’t do that to make it happen. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Insane judging but that's what the UFC has kind of always been.

Round 5 - Shev was winning 4 mins of that round then got her back taken for a little bit at the very end. Can't believe Kamijo gave round 4 to Grasso either that was crazy.

Mike Bell though gave Grasso a 10-8 in 5 is just crazy.

image.png.f14a5de49bd95a509bab6261fef31775.png

Cant believe gambling is still allowed on this shit lol

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mma/2023/09/12/ufc-and-wwe-merge-tko-group-holdings/70831484007/

Vince McMahon and Dana White will have similar responsibilities

McMahon will serve as Executive Chair of TKO "until his death, resignation or incapacity," according to the agreement filed with the SEC. With that position, he has the right to select five of the 11 directors of the company and certain veto rights as well.

Former UFC president Dana White will now serve as the CEO of UFC under TKO.

Anyone have a list of famous fighters that live in Austin?

Was getting a haircut and another guy recognized some fighter. He was really excited about it and asked for an autograph and a picture of the fighter putting him in a headlock.

Seemed like a nice guy. Chinese symbol tattoo on the back of his neck. Be interested to know who it was.

Anyone have a list of famous fighters that live in Austin?
Was getting a haircut and another guy recognized some fighter. He was really excited about it and asked for an autograph and a picture of the fighter putting him in a headlock.
Seemed like a nice guy. Chinese symbol tattoo on the back of his neck. Be interested to know who it was.

I don’t keep up with where fighters live, but I would suspect it might be someone that trains BJJ with B Team or New Wave.