2021 UFC/MMA thread

shadow_operative2.0

• 2 weeks later...

JRE - Sean Strickland is wild. His last fight couldn’t have gone better.

Said he had a motorcycle wreck where he destroyed his kneecap and missing part of his quad. Asked how it affected his ability to fight, “If I was a better athlete, it’d probably have an effect.”

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Jatrain said:

Formerly president, currently under felony indictment Donald Trump in the building. 

Can't imagine a lawyer would want their client under indictment for espionage charges parading around on tv. Such a bad look. Such a wacky situation 

I'm 100% biased towards Moreno, so take it with a grain of salt, but I hate that takedowns and "ground control" can win a fighter a round. Or two rounds in Pantojas case. It's a fight, not a "neutralize your opponent til the clock runs out" competition. He was getting tired of eating hands so he grabs some waist and hangs on for dear life. Can't really threaten a submission, so it's just grappling at that point. Now he's an Ultimate Fighting Champion and baddest man in the division........ I guess.

Volk was impressive just like he was against Islam though. Such a damn honey badger in there. Vicious little fuck.

Du Plessis was impressive. I told my friends Whittaker was gassed after he went after a takedown and expended a lot of energy trying to ground and pound, he looked different once he got up. And the whole fight energy changed immediately after.

I assume you meant 291?I

It's insane seeing Wonderboy and Black Beast fighting on the prelims after previously headlining cards. They should have held a couple of those back for 292 which looks pretty weak on interesting fights. 

Edited by Hermanator

20 minutes ago, Scraps said:

My kind of card....only 1 waste of space women's fight and it leads off.

last card was great and it only had 1.

ngannou actually getting a boxing match.  dont think its going to sell as much as jake paul - nate diaz.  francis is going to get clowned in the ring.

• Like 1