2021 UFC/MMA thread

shadow_operative2.0

5 hours ago, Scraps said:

He wants a money fight not the title....mcgregor 3. Lame but it is what it is

I see. I’m not mad at that. I get it. After you have one red panty night it’s hard to fight a better fighter for half the money. Maybe even less than half. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 1

Wild that Poirier turned down a title fight, but I don't blame him for cashing in while he can. Winner of that rubber match surely gets the title fight vs Oliviera/Chandler. It's wild that Chandler got this fight after only one UFC fight, but no one else made sense (Poirier passed, RDA is out for at least two months, and Gaethje, McGregor, and Ferguson all coming off losses, too early for Islam). It'll be interesting who Gaethje gets next. He's presumably up next after Poirier/McGregor, assuming he wins. And then Islam/RDA is probably up next after that. 

Love this weight class 

9 hours ago, Fud said:

Wild that Poirier turned down a title fight, but I don't blame him for cashing in while he can. Winner of that rubber match surely gets the title fight vs Oliviera/Chandler. It's wild that Chandler got this fight after only one UFC fight, but no one else made sense (Poirier passed, RDA is out for at least two months, and Gaethje, McGregor, and Ferguson all coming off losses, too early for Islam). It'll be interesting who Gaethje gets next. He's presumably up next after Poirier/McGregor, assuming he wins. And then Islam/RDA is probably up next after that. 

Love this weight class 

McGregor will always have his Irish fan base but are there marginal fans left who buy enough into the McGregor name to splash on a PPV?

I love that Charlie O finally gets his title shot, so no gripe about how the T5 picture is playing out. A 4way tourney style with Gaethje rematching Poirier would be great (former FOTN), but the consolation prize of 2 worthy guys getting their first crack at UFC Gold is just as good.

Damn, guess I'm the only one feeling a little bad for Woodley. He just don't got it with this new era of killers in that division. After the last 2 performances of his I told myself I'd never ever root for him, and I wasn't this fight, but at least he tried. He went for broke, he just ain't got it. I can respect rolling the dice at least.