2021 NFL Offseason Thread -- Trades/Cuts/Free Agent Signings/Firings, Etc.

Patrick Bateman

Was looking at Seattle's roster, just perusing some former Big XII players...

Geno Smith is about to start his 9th season in the NFL?   fucking wow.

Edited by slorch

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Was Hyde arrested for rape or murder? 

2013 -- Ohio State suspends top RB Carlos Hyde after arrest

Ohio State has suspended starting running back Carlos Hyde indefinitely after the senior was named as a person of interest in a weekend assault case against a female in downtown Columbus, Ohio.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2013/07/22/ohio-state-carlos-hyde-dismissed-bradley-roby/2574759/

2013 -- Ohio State suspends top RB Carlos Hyde after arrest
Ohio State has suspended starting running back Carlos Hyde indefinitely after the senior was named as a person of interest in a weekend assault case against a female in downtown Columbus, Ohio.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2013/07/22/ohio-state-carlos-hyde-dismissed-bradley-roby/2574759/

Fingerprints all over, indeed.

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

I gotta say as a Pats fan I am kind of ecstatic with the signings so far.  If Cam can somehow figure out how to throw a football again they now have some serious WR/TE weapons around him along with good RB's and a good OL.  The additions to the defense are also very positive so now I can't wait for both the Pro and College Football seasons (Sarks Longhorns) to start which I haven't been able to do for quite a while.

11 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I gotta say as a Pats fan I am kind of ecstatic with the signings so far.  If Cam can somehow figure out how to throw a football again they now have some serious WR/TE weapons around him along with good RB's and a good OL.  The additions to the defense are also very positive so now I can't wait for both the Pro and College Football seasons (Sarks Longhorns) to start which I haven't been able to do for quite a while.

The Pats are moving like they have an agreed in principle draft day trade with someone to get into the Top 10 and draft a QB.  

2 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

The Pats are moving like they have an agreed in principle draft day trade with someone to get into the Top 10 and draft a QB.  

They would need to get into the top 4 most likely as the top 4 QBs may go 1-4 this year.  I have heard they are looking at Lance as the guy they want if they go that route.  I would love to throw some first round picks, this year and next year, plus second and third round picks plus Stephon Gilmore, NKeal Harry, some other young player to the Texans for Watson.  

2 minutes ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

I think the guy is a nice addition. Just not a $140 million nice addition.

It's all NFL Funny money.  They basically just spread out his current cap hit over a couple of years, he'll never see the rest of that contract unless he turns into prime Drew Brees.  The bigger issue for the Saints is they need to decide whether he's their QB or not.  If he's not, then they need to commit to him as a swiss army knife offensive player and bringing in a back up to Winston.  But having your primary QB back up also be one of your most effective wildcat/H back/big slot players is not workable from a potential injury perspective.