2021 Texas Rangers

CowtownHorn

Do you guys get the sense that anybody cares that the Rangers are so terrible? Not just from a team standpoint, but the stadium, the farm, the marketing, the entire organization. I don’t see much a Dallasnews or even too much on Twitter from anyone that matters. It’s just like... ok... Cowboys play soon and Dak should take us to a wild card loss so that will be fun. 

does anybody care in DFW media? I’m in Austin and I don’t hear everything 

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, it’s just kinda one thing if the team is bad and expected to be bad. It’s another if the whole org sucks and nobody cares. Seems like these baylor dorks have lost control of the org and should sell it, but nobody cares enough to mention it. I dunno. Frustrated. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Took my son today.  Little shy of 28K announced attendance which is pretty fucking strong for a Thursday mid-day get away game. Probably 40% of them Yankees fans.  These fucking assholes are gonna ride the new stadium and opposing fanbases into the fucking ground.  

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Do you guys get the sense that anybody cares that the Rangers are so terrible? Not just from a team standpoint, but the stadium, the farm, the marketing, the entire organization. I don’t see much a Dallasnews or even too much on Twitter from anyone that matters. It’s just like... ok... Cowboys play soon and Dak should take us to a wild card loss so that will be fun. 

does anybody care in DFW media? I’m in Austin and I don’t hear everything 

It's tough for me. They were my first MLB team to actually root for in 2010 and 2011 as I didn't grow up watching or playing the game really at all. Then I went to college in Dallas and they were on the radio and TV all the time and it helped me fall in love with baseball. Then I moved back to Austin and it just isn't the same environment. I've only watched half a game this year. I've kind of replaced it with Texas baseball.

But, you know, if they were actually good - yeah I'd probably pay more attention.

I'm not a big MLB guy in general, though. I don't watch other MLB games if I'm not watching the Rangers. 

But I think my demo is one of the big ones that you're hitting on when you say that "nobody cares".

46 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

In summary, you are fair weather. Of course, not a single person on this site thought you had a fucking clue about MLB. 

Nah it's not just that. Part of it is definitely a living in Dallas vs. Austin as was alluded to. If I was actually fair-weather I'd just bandwagon the Stros since I'm not from either city.

And I've never proclaimed to know anything about MLB so congrats? There are still baseball rules I'm foggy on. I've literally never put money on a baseball game in my life. Sorry that Texas baseball outranks the Rangers for me. As does Spurs basketball, Chelsea soccer, Texas football, professional golf, SMU football, NFL football in general - idk - gee, want me to keep going?

I guess my point is that I watch and follow a lot of fucking sports and it's hard to crack the bandwidth. If that makes me "fair weather" then okay.

Edited by ztejas

9 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Cheers, bro. 

Sorry. I'll start working on your "Greatest Rangers Fan on Surly" trophy right away. Would you like it in gold or platinum? Someone made a point about lack of direction coupled with lack of interest and I honestly proclaimed why I haven't been as interested this season. I'm sorry if every fan of this franchise doesn't watch every inning of every game like you do. 

Negged for wasting posts. Just don't respond, chief.

Edited by ztejas

18 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Cheers, bro. 

10 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Cheers, bro. 

6 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Bro, you need to go back to drinking. Flipping out on rep don’t make a shit. Sad. 

1 minute ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Fortunately, idiot is done? Jesus fuck. This is why stupid fucks aren’t respected. 

No idea what you're problem is tonight but hope it's better for you tomorrow. I'm not the issue here amigo. I love the Rangers. You're acting like you moderate the site or some shit. 

43 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

The amazing amount of words are so awesome. 

hey p.s. I'm drunk but don't tell ss he thinks he really landed one with that "go back to drinking jab"

Now where's that irritating Buckeye that wants to play poker with me?

Honestly this is one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen here. You're making Derka look like Alexander the Great. 

Edited by ztejas

This is what a sober guy posts... 

hey p.s. I'm drunk but don't tell ss he thinks he really landed one with that "go back to drinking jab"

Now where's that irritating Buckeye that wants to play poker with me?

Honestly this is one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen here. You're making Derka look like Alexander the Great. 

Edited 8 minutes ago by ztejas

A guy that swears he’s sober. 

5 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

The next time you post during a game will be the first. 

And that burns you and it's fucking hilarious. No one else gives a shit. I didn't even comment on this season's team. I post here because of Texas football. Not the Texas Rangers. You want to swing your dick and gatekeep on whose allowed to be a Rangers fan go join a fucking Rangers board. 

8 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

This is what a sober guy posts... 

A guy that swears he’s sober. 

fans GIF

I guess I'm just glad that my sleep schedule is fucked up enough right now for me to witness this all-time meltdown.

God it just gets better while I reply. 

Edited by ztejas

8 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Since this bothered you so... 

Cheers, bro. 

Nah, I enjoyed it.

But lol. "Tried to give you an out". I post an honest diatribe and you tell me I don't know shit about the MLB and I'm a fair weather fan. Don't poke the bear - bitch. 

Edited by ztejas

14 hours ago, Post Oak said:

We knew they were gonna be bad.  1/3 of the way through the season they're bad.  

No use getting upset.

Right, but there doesn't seem to be an end game to this.  Haven't the Rangers been rebuilding and selling off players for a handful of years? 

Some preseason article I read had us with 2 of the Top 100 minor leaugers.  Where the hell are all the prospects?  Where the hell is the money being spent to acquire actual major league batters?  

Y'all know more about this than I do, so I'd like to know who's accountable so that I may whine at a more specific entity.

Go Rangers. I could continue going scorched earth on ss but I honestly think he had a bad personal life event occur so it doesn't seem tasteful. 

Fuck the Astros. Fuck the Yanks. This is my team. Sorry for not being involved enough - I'll start tuning in more. 

39 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

You could type more words, but that’s far from scorched earth. This ain’t your team though. 

36 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

The ‘go join a Rangers board’ is probably my favorite. Fucking idiot. 

Holy fuck you're still going at it and double posting in the process. 

Honestly before this charade I thought you were a decent asshole that liked baseball - the kind of asshole that we like around here. 

Now I just think you're either actually going through something traumatic or stupider than a pile of dogshit. Or you ride your entire emotional and mental bandwidth on the success of one team and how it's received on one board that's focus is like 6 degrees away from being about Texas Rangers baseball.

Get a life fuckstick. I'm ignoring you now. If you actually need help or are suffering then I'm sorry - but if not - you're one of the stupidest, lowest IQ, easiest fucking debate challenges I've ever driven into the ground here. I was like 12 drinks deep and you told me to go start drinking again because my sobriety was an issue. 

God you're a fucking idiot. Ignore me while you're at it and let's let this site move on you fucking cumstain. 

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Cheers, bro. 

"Cheers bro" because you're too much of a brain-dead fuck to even retort properly. Go fuck yourself. This shit is over. CTJ gives me more respect than I will give you going forward and that's a low fucking bar. 

If you can't take the heat get out of the fucking kitchen. I'd feel bad if I didn't know that you know where you're posting.

25 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I’m going to PM Twice since you fell off the wagon. This isn’t about the Rangers anymore, you have fucked your life up again. 

I apologize to everyone else on this thread, I will not reply to him again. He needs way more help than a baseball thread can provide. 

laugh jordan GIF

I mean you've literally told me within like 30 posts that I should start drinking again but then that I've fallen off the wagon and I should quit drinking and my life is totally out of control and I need professional help.

And I'm pretty sure you've never met me in person or know me in real life. Like 99.9% sure. So maybe let me handle my own issues with alcohol, fuckhead, since I willingly admit them. In fact I did so about 3 hours ago in an AA meeting.

Worry about your own incompetence and shitty life for a change. Demeaning a genuine alcoholic is about as low as you can get. 

That said, this is one of the funniest exchanges I've ever fucking seen on this site, and despite my ignore claims God I have to keep this shit going. 

Edited by ztejas