2021 Texas spring football thread

Machinator

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

Did you go to Texas? Have you ever been around West Campus at 3 AM? Shit gets destroyed when young people get wasted. 

I didn't live at Towers but I walked down the halls a few times late and every single ceiling tile would be punched out lol.

The elevators at my apartment were broken every weekend because drunk people breaking shit.

I'm not saying it's all right or anything, but posting all over social media about a couple holes punched through doors like it's the end of the world is pretty weak. How is that the reason she's getting evicted? How does posting it on social media do anything? It's revenge.

You’re a regular fucking Columbo

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Good riddance. He was slow and sucked when Orlando decided to offer him, and he’s added being a complete and total head case to that since he got here.

Our last staff decided to force out Caleb Johnson because he was injured and started Mitchell.   Fuck you Todd Orlando and Tom Herman! 

I'm sure he was a head case before he got here.  Good riddance Juwan. 

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

Did you go to Texas? Have you ever been around West Campus at 3 AM? Shit gets destroyed when young people get wasted. 

I didn't live at Towers but I walked down the halls a few times late and every single ceiling tile would be punched out lol.

The elevators at my apartment were broken every weekend because drunk people breaking shit.

I'm not saying it's all right or anything, but posting all over social media about a couple holes punched through doors like it's the end of the world is pretty weak. How is that the reason she's getting evicted? How does posting it on social media do anything? It's revenge.

Tell me you're a GDI without telling me that you're a GDI.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Machinator said:

FCB on Mitchell

Hide contents

— Hearing rumblings Texas could be without linebacker Juwan Mitchell for the spring - or possibly longer.

According to a source, Mitchell, a junior from Newark, N.J., told teammates Wednesday morning he was leaving the team. Mitchell has been struggling academically, according to the source, who added it's unclear if Mitchell is being forced to take time away from the team or if this is Mitchell's decision.

Either way, it wouldn't be good news, considering Mitchell was the Longhorns' leading tackler in 2020 (62 tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss, one fumble recovery), and Texas' depth at linebacker is already thin.

Mitchell entered the transfer portal under Tom Herman but reconsidered and returned to the team.

I've reached out to other sources for confirmation about Mitchell's status and will let you know as soon as I hear more. Texas held its first spring practice under new coach Steve Sarkisian on Tuesday but is off today.

giphy.gif

34 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Have you ever watched him play? 

29 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Also... the guy playing LT was pretty well entrenched

About as succinct a fucking illustration of the football board as one can get right here. I dunno, why wasn’t Jones starting ahead of Cosmi? 

fucking fuck. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 7

About as succinct a fucking illustration of the football board as one can get right here. I dunno, why wasn’t Jones starting ahead of Cosmi? 

fucking fuck. 

I never said he should’ve started ahead of Cosmi, did I? He can be a LT without starting. Development behind Cosmi would’ve been nice.

2 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

I never said he should’ve started ahead of Cosmi, did I? He can be a LT without starting. Development behind Cosmi would’ve been nice.

You think being a backup at LT would have been better for his development than actually playing at RT? 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

Oh. So your position is why did he start 10 games at right tackle when he could have backed up Cosmi all season? That makes perfect sense. Huge improvement. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

Would’ve been better on the bench.

Oh, so you mean not actually developing. Or getting starters reps in practice. Definitely that would be tremendous for his development. 

you totally didn’t just talk out your ass and are now trying to defend your position like a dumbass. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Oh. So your position is why did he start 10 games at right tackle when he could have backed up Cosmi all season? That makes perfect sense. Huge improvement. 

Zack Martin has been a pretty exceptional guard at the NFL level, but imagine how good he'd be if he hadn't wasted all that time at OT in college. Similar story with Cosmi's wasted year at RT

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, victory88 said:

Juwan Mitchell has been terrible.  On top of that, the dude is too much drama to deal with.  Let him transfer to USC with the other players that couldn't cut it here and be another coaches problem.

This is what happens when kids with bad family support make their own decisions.  Juwan has an opportunity to play and start at a big name school, with some accomplished coaches, where he can get a degree from a reputable academic school that will open doors for him hopefully.  Instead, he's probably going to flunk out or get kicked off the team and will regret not maximizing this opportunity in the future.  

If by 'regret' you mean 'blame everyone and everything but himself ' then you're probably right 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, TexasFan21 said:

Would’ve been better on the bench.

8 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Jones should not startz!