Texas basketball '21-'22: Welcome Chris Beard

shadow_operative

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

The basketball players from left to right: Disu, Askew, Bishop, and Allen

image.png

Bishop and Allen must be in the cutting weight stage since they only get water for breakfast. Might should get Brandy on that meal plan.

Guest Lobo

So we passed on the Gotham tournament with UCLA and Virginia because they moved it from Brooklyn to New Jersey? And now we're still playing in New Jersey?

I'm glad the roster is shaping up this summer 'cause the OOC schedule is looking quite 'meh.'  The game at Gonzaga will be exciting.  I know, I know...there's still time.  It just sucks to turn your back on New Jersey only to have Jersey come and grab you anyway.  But that's the Jersey way, I suppose.  

Still leaves 3 'away' games.  With 2 true road games already,  I'm guessing we'll still land a spot at a 2-game early season tournament and then 1 neutral site game either in Houston/DFW area or California.  

Edited by Lobo

Mahorcic isn't a big name but he definitely fits a need for this Texas team. 

Big body that can fill space in the paint and rebound. Mahorcic's offensive game is very limited but he's efficient because he knows he needs to live at the rim. 

Mahorcic isn't a sexy addition (if it happens) but Texas needs somebody like him. 

Edited by texasstrong12

Gerry Hamilton keeps referencing the idea that Texas is looking at international prospects. Texas must have their eye on someone overseas. 

Texas could really use somebody that can shoot from 3. My guess is they're gonna find some random European dude that can shoot. 

Edited by texasstrong12

Gerry Hamilton keeps referencing the idea that Texas is looking at international prospects. Texas must have their eye on someone overseas. 
Texas could really use somebody that can shoot from 3. My guess is they're gonna find some random European dude that can shoot.

You rang?

1 hour ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

^

^

Thomas Hill's (of Duke fame) younger brother and famously redshirted a season to complete his senior Electrical Engineering project.  

That aint no joke. It was a grind for me, and all i had to do was schedule my classes  around my beer drinking. From the link below, I'm appears to be a rare feat indeed. Like nobody between '96 and '17. 

https://thedailytexan.com/2017/12/06/track-twins-join-ranks-of-the-few-black-student-athletes-to-graduate-from-ut-electrical/

alright, that post about hill sent me down a horns hoops rabbit hole. Hill basically didn't play at all until the 95-96 season ( 117 mins in first 3 yrs). He was the definition of a scrub. Here's that teams stats: 

image.thumb.png.2b97fa8aeaa99bdb063cf53f54bb8d10.png

Not a lot of NBA minutes on our roster. So Penders takes a squad with Hill as his 3rd leading scorer and minutes played guy, and still manages to make the second round of the tourney, losing to Duncan's 9th ranked (#2 seed)  Wake Forest team 65-62.  I vaguely remember watching that wake game at HiTops in Wrigleyville (great bar back in the day), and we had our chances. Holy hell, Shaka was a no coaching bum.

Edited by Blotto
  • Like 1