2021 - Is inflation finally back in the conversation?

Reagan1k

44 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Gotta love a good ol "fuck you I got mine" attitude that dishonestly frames paying taxes as """gOvErNmEnT sEiZuRe""". What an earnest and intellectually honest position to start from. 

Like... Y'all do know what happens when people run out of money to buy stuff, right?

THE WORKERS IN AMERICA ARE EARNING A LARGER SLICE OF THE NATIONAL OUTPUT (IE THEIR WORK) THAN OECD, SCANDINAVIANS, AND THE WORLD OVER, YOU UNDEREVOLVED PROTOZOA. 

Thats the point of that graphic.  Jesus braindead Christ if you look at that graphic (where America and EU are shaded darkest) and interpret it negatively where American "serfs" are not getting enough.... i'm sure the opposite-shaded countries would be much more accomodating to your class waring beliefs.

Is your tremendous stupidity the reason why you hate meritocracy so much?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Nathan Jessep said:

Top economist here calls the increase “stunning”.  Maybe he should’ve logged onto Surly and DM’d @StassneyHornto get the obvious news. 

https://x.com/jasonfurman/status/1698391469881455098?s=46&t=uKnL2agxvSx0rJZI2y3iWw

Yawn

economics is a Librul art. He’s as much an expert as a 5 year old is in dinosaurs according to the last page

On 9/6/2023 at 9:56 AM, 52-80 said:

THE WORKERS IN AMERICA ARE EARNING A LARGER SLICE OF THE NATIONAL OUTPUT (IE THEIR WORK) THAN OECD, SCANDINAVIANS, AND THE WORLD OVER, YOU UNDEREVOLVED PROTOZOA. 

Thats the point of that graphic.  Jesus braindead Christ if you look at that graphic (where America and EU are shaded darkest) and interpret it negatively where American "serfs" are not getting enough.... i'm sure the opposite-shaded countries would be much more accomodating to your class waring beliefs.

Is your tremendous stupidity the reason why you hate meritocracy so much?

Plutocracy fetish?

Adam Smith: “The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition is the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments.” 

D0A26FA0-5C25-4A2C-9BA4-1FC9957FB1E8.thumb.jpeg.443d5d0ab8a265c4046866ea32bfe00b.jpeg

37 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Plutocracy fetish?

Adam Smith: “The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition is the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments.” 

"One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain"

• Rage+1 1

Core CPI up 0.3% M/M. Headline came in as expected at 0.6%.

USD remains King, but giving some ground to the Yen for those reading the tea leaves as suggesting there will be a defense of the Yen against the USD. 

Germany looking at GDP contraction. China remains dour. Oil threatening stagnation in non-US economies. Labor is being set up as patsies in any downturn. 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Labor is being set up as patsies in any downturn. 

Just like how minimal adjustments to historically stagnant wages paid to laborers was attributed by the brain trust to be the cause of inflation. Not the historically high margins being taken by firms and record stock buybacks to enrich shareholders, of course

6 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Did you read your search?

Most of the comments are that wages aren't keeping up, which is the exact opposite of your fabricated reality.  Yes, there are comments about, "wage price spiral" which is sort of what you are accusing, but not really.

2 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

demanding other people produce labor is exactly what a post-capitalist fascist would do.  have you no shame

Lulz, well it's always a crapshoot if surlysearch works or not, but here's some that I've found:

And like, shit, there was a whole quarter where everyone was bigly concerned over the "fed wage price spiral". It's literally fed policy to attack wages as a means of controlling inflation. 

But sure, I'm a communist because I think companies are being overly greedy in their profit taking. Lulz.