40 people shot in 3 days

Stros

On 5/7/2018 at 2:55 PM, Thatguy said:

Since none of you seen to be offering any solutions here s one.

Break up the ghettos. Shoving hoards of poor people into one small space is a terrible idea. If you had strategically placed section 8 homes mixed in all over it would go along way into improving the situation. First, hard to have gang wars when you live next to Chip and Chad. Second, it would help being in a positive environment. People tend to do what others around them are doing. Take a 10 year old hood kid and put him with a family in Beverly Hills, and by the time he is 18 he will be a different person. Third, the education will be better, especially if it's done while they are young.

People will assimilate, but they need to be in the environment they are supposed to assimilate to. A parrot won't talk if he's never heard a human speak my friend.

I'll try again. I lived through integration in the 60's and saw the resultant "white flight". What's changed so that the outcome will be different this time?

4 hours ago, Thatguy said:

I can see you guys really don't want to learn anything you just want to argue. You act as though this problem is exclusive to the black community or the US, when it's the same anywhere where firearms are numerous around the world. 

These neighborhoods are dangerous because of people fighting over territory to sell drugs, but you have already been told that, and really could care less about helping your fellow man, only proving that your idealology is superior. 

However, if you ever do want to learn something, how about you actually talk to an actual person who has gone through the struggle, and when I say talk, don't come armed to argue. Then you will see that the resolution to the problem isn't as easy as "just get better". If it was as easy as you suggest then all of the cultures around the world wouldn't be suffering from the same problem. 

1. Where else is gun violence common? Which country would be an apt comparison to that of the black community in the U.S., which you state is being wrongly crucified? Guns are legal all throughout the U.S. Can you point to an area in the suburbs where white people are mirroring this violence?

2. If drugs and guns are the root of the violence, why aren’t you more supportive of these offenders getting locked up and taken out of the environment? Isn’t that a good thing?

3. Why are you deflecting from the question instead of answering it? I’d be interested to hear your thoughts on why the police, who according to you are there to enforce and charge, aren’t doing more for people that shout “Black Lives Matter” at them while convincing each other that they are being unfairly targeted for breaking the law. How do you propose the police “protect and serve” by not locking up dangerous offenders so they don’t give the appearance of racially profiling?

16 hours ago, Thatguy said:

What's the topic of conversation? Who have we been talking about this whole time? Who uses the word "slab"? You tried your best to back out of that corner but you failed. Good try though. 

Well in typical political forum fashion, there were multiple discussions. But my reply was to the idea of forced integration of low income housing into more affluent neighborhoods as a solution. It was pretty clear thru my response. Last I checked there are more poor whites in this country than any other demo, but if you want to try and make it more than that, idgaf, to be honest.  

As to the original topic of Chicago killings. Our drug issues will continue until we decide we really don't want them, like Aus and Sing. I'm not a drug user but can tell you it makes you think a lot harder when you are signing a paper saying if you get caught with a half pound of pot it's the death penalty (like on your customs forms flying into Sing)  If drugs are the problem, stop the drugs.  I'm certain that the killings would go down, at least until the poor, uneducated, and lazy gang members decided on something else to kill each other over. There will always be people who just don't want to work or assimilate in civilized society - you can't stop that. 

I think Portugal legalized some drugs a few years back but I don't know how that worked out for them. Safe to say that they don't have as many convicts but I wonder about the distribution system that had to be put in place.

Portugal decriminalized all drugs in 2001 and it has worked very well for them. They have good treatment programs as well including needle and methadone distribution. Their rates of drug use, drug deaths and HIV have fallen. We should adopt their strategy ASAP. 

But, I don't think it goes far enough since allowing a 10 day supply for personal use still does not deal with the large distributors. I think we should allow pharmacies to distribute recreational drugs at reasonable prices and methadone for free. That way we eliminate illegal distribution as well as drug related theft and prostitution.

7 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Well in typical political forum fashion, there were multiple discussions. But my reply was to the idea of forced integration of low income housing into more affluent neighborhoods as a solution. It was pretty clear thru my response. Last I checked there are more poor whites in this country than any other demo, but if you want to try and make it more than that, idgaf, to be honest.  

As to the original topic of Chicago killings. Our drug issues will continue until we decide we really don't want them, like Aus and Sing. I'm not a drug user but can tell you it makes you think a lot harder when you are signing a paper saying if you get caught with a half pound of pot it's the death penalty (like on your customs forms flying into Sing)  If drugs are the problem, stop the drugs.  I'm certain that the killings would go down, at least until the poor, uneducated, and lazy gang members decided on something else to kill each other over. There will always be people who just don't want to work or assimilate in civilized society - you can't stop that. 

No, you clearly used the word "slab", which everyone knows is a term that black people use for their cruising cars. Now you got cornered and are trying to run from that statement but you can't. You should gracefully bow out.

3 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

No, you clearly used the word "slab", which everyone knows is a term that black people use for their cruising cars. Now you got cornered and are trying to run from that statement but you can't. You should gracefully bow out.

You should gracefully suck my dick. Call someone a racist and realize you argument is shit? Fuck you. 

1 hour ago, RayDog said:

Portugal decriminalized all drugs in 2001 and it has worked very well for them. They have good treatment programs as well including needle and methadone distribution. Their rates of drug use, drug deaths and HIV have fallen. We should adopt their strategy ASAP. 

But, I don't think it goes far enough since allowing a 10 day supply for personal use still does not deal with the large distributors. I think we should allow pharmacies to distribute recreational drugs at reasonable prices and methadone for free. That way we eliminate illegal distribution as well as drug related theft and prostitution.

Legalizing drugs will not eliminate drug related theft and prostitution.  Addicts have to get money to pay for drugs, legalization won’t change thay.  

4 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Legalizing drugs will not eliminate drug related theft and prostitution.  Addicts have to get money to pay for drugs, legalization won’t change thay.  

Or the killing. Big Pharma would remain the biggest dealers of all. And the guys on the streets would find a more profitable way, and here we are again. Except with more drug addicts on the streets that you can't remove, because legal now. So at the end of the day, big corporations will win again, nothing will change ground level, and now we can't rid ourselves of the addicts. 

11 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Recreational drugs can be manufactured very cheaply so they do not have to cost much more than beer or cigarettes. While some people may still turn to theft and prostitution the numbers will be much lower.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Or the killing. Big Pharma would remain the biggest dealers of all. And the guys on the streets would find a more profitable way, and here we are again. Except with more drug addicts on the streets that you can't remove, because legal now. So at the end of the day, big corporations will win again, nothing will change ground level, and now we can't rid ourselves of the addicts. 

In Portugal the number of heroin addicts alone dropped 75%. 

Big pharma will not be killing each other, and they can price illegal distributors out of business as long as the taxes are not too high.

Around 100,000 people a year are dying in the US and Mexico as part of the drug war. The solution is not more war on drugs.

Edited by RayDog
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

1. Where else is gun violence common? Which country would be an apt comparison to that of the black community in the U.S., which you state is being wrongly crucified? Guns are legal all throughout the U.S. Can you point to an area in the suburbs where white people are mirroring this violence?

2. If drugs and guns are the root of the violence, why aren’t you more supportive of these offenders getting locked up and taken out of the environment? Isn’t that a good thing?

3. Why are you deflecting from the question instead of answering it? I’d be interested to hear your thoughts on why the police, who according to you are there to enforce and charge, aren’t doing more for people that shout “Black Lives Matter” at them while convincing each other that they are being unfairly targeted for breaking the law. How do you propose the police “protect and serve” by not locking up dangerous offenders so they don’t give the appearance of racially profiling?

All easy questions and I will answer them by the number.......

1) Most of Central America, South Africa, Brazil, Columbia, and Venezuela to start. There are cities in other countries that are dangerous as well, but you get the picture. The most violent ones are the ones that move the most drugs. Funny how that works. This is a socioeconomic and territorial issue. Rural America isn't fighting to sell their wares in a congested area, thus less killing. Financially comfortable people aren't selling drugs because they have other means of income.

2)  What happens when you lock up an 18 year old kid? They go into the system and through a need to survive in prison, they become hardened. When they are released to the streets, even when they want to change no one will hire them, so they turn back to the only thing they are capable of doing to make enough money to live a decent life. Now they are older and in the streets and here comes the younger generation trying to infringe on their turf. Guess what happens? This country's inability to forgive a person who commits a crime is the first problem. An 18 year old kid who sold drugs and got caught is looking at no chance to make it in life. None.

3) I know how the police act because I have spent my whole life being harassed by them. Let me tell you a quick story. I was 17, and never been in trouble in my life. I was into hot rods, and I was at home and realized I left my brand new Hot Rod magazine in the car. I go outside in my basketball shorts. No shirt. No shoes. I am leaned over rummaging around in my car looking for my magazine. I find it and stand up and turn around to a gun a foot away from my face. An officer is yelling at me to drop what I have in my hand, and asking me what I am doing. I explain it to him, and he doesn't believe me. He handcuffs me. I tell him I don't have a shirt or shoes on, and why would I be doing anything stupid without them. I tell him I live right there. He asks is there anyone home, and I say no but my neighbor can tell you who I am. I go next door and wouldn't you know it my mom answers the door(I wasn't paying attention to where she said she was going as 17 year olds do). She starting screaming at the officer asking what I did, and he quickly changed his tune. I was pretty close to going to jail or being shot for looking inside my own car. I have about 20 or 30 more stories like that. I was once pulled over on the side of the freeway while driving to the beach with my brother and a friend by an off duty cop with his wife and 3 fishing poles in his car. He searched our car on the side of the road.

So you see, black people don't need to convince each other we are being unfairly targeted, we are. Unless you see a reason for this 6 figure earner to get stopped 3 times last year for simply driving home to my house in the suburbs, IN AN Audi. It's not just the stopping when I was younger, it was the physical and verbal abuse. Put your hands behind your head, walk backwards, drop down on your knees, cross your legs, and then comes the hard shove face first to the pavement. Knee in the back. Full weight. Rough cuffing. Then the, "Oh, you fit the description of...." when they don't find anything. At least now that I am in my 40's they don't pull me out of the car anymore.

Here is an idea. How about you have a presence in the neighborhood so people don't feel like they have to protect themselves. How about developing trust so the community can feel like they can trust you to tell you when things are going wrong. How about NOT cuffing the guy that got shot, and actually trying to get him to the hospital before he bleeds out instead of questioning him which gang he is affiliated with? They don't care about us. The best thing that ever happened to the black community was cell phone cameras.

Edited by Thatguy
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

You should gracefully suck my dick. Call someone a racist and realize you argument is shit? Fuck you. 

You said it, I didn't. Don't be mad that you got caught. I could care less to be honest. Just calling a spade a spade.

33 minutes ago, RayDog said:

In Portugal the number of heroin addicts alone dropped 75%. 

Big pharma will not be killing each other, and they can price illegal distributors out of business as long as the taxes are not too high.

Around 100,000 people a year are dying in the US and Mexico as part of the drug war. The solution is not more war on drugs.

This guy gets it. We have been trying the war on drugs for decades. How is it working out for us? It's time to try something else. Take away the drug charges and you take away most of the people in prison. You also put fathers back in homes. You also take away the violence. If no one is selling anything on the corner, then no one can get shot for it.

3 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

This guy gets it. We have been trying the war on drugs for decades. How is it working out for us? It's time to try something else. Take away the drug charges and you take away most of the people in prison. You also put fathers back in homes. You also take away the violence. If no one is selling anything on the corner, then no one can get shot for it.

Or we could do like Singapore and execute the dregs of society that feel it necessary to sell/use drugs? Seriously what the fuck has a drug dealer ever done for civilized society? 

12 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Ok.

Irony that if I had used that saying, I'd be labeled a racist, again. 

I used it on purpose bro....

I don't think you are a racist to be honest, but you do need to take a look at some of the ways you think about things. Here is a carshow with the kinds of cars you are talking about. Notice how they are being trailered in by guys who also own nice, newer tow vehicles. You may think these are thugs and dealers, but in reality they are just guys who like these kinds of custom cars. They have everyday cars they drive. I own a supercharged 1990 Mustang. I also have another 87 that I race that has close to 2000hp. I drive an Audi to work. My neighbor(the only other black guy I know in my area) drives an f250 to work everyday. But he has a super clean s550 in his garage with chrome wheels on it. We should be able to wear a T-shirt and a ball cap and go for a drive without someone thinking we are dealing. We have 401K's too.

Edited by Thatguy

9 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Or we could do like Singapore and execute the dregs of society that feel it necessary to sell/use drugs? Seriously what the fuck has a drug dealer ever done for civilized society? 

You and Duterte would get along. 

22 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

So what if you're right?  Let's assume the numbers for theft and prostitution (which should also be legal) stay constant after the legalization of drugs.

About 20% of the US prison/jail population, is incarcerated for crimes related to drug possession/distribution.  That comes out to about 400,000 inmates whose most serious crime was drugs.  It costs about $32,000 a year to house a prisoner, so we could save $13 billion a year in taxes. 

Not to mention the government would actually collect taxes on the sale of drugs.  The Feds estimate that the illegal drug business in the US is worth $100 billion a year.  Let's say the legalization of drugs leads to an 80% reduction in the illegal sale of drugs.  Just using the US average sales tax (8.45%) as a proxy, that would be a revenue increase of about $7 billion...plus the $36 billion a year we spend on the "war of drugs" and you're up to $56 billion a year.  That's like giving the average American an annual tax break of $360.

17 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

You do know alcohol and caffeine are drugs right?  But I suppose you don't drink beer or coffee so you're totally not being hypocritical.  

6 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I used it on purpose bro....

I don't think you are a racist to be honest, but you do need to take a look at some of the ways you think about things. Here is a carshow with the kinds of cars you are talking about. Notice how they are being trailered in by guys who also own nice, newer tow vehicles. You may think these are thugs and dealers, but in reality they are just guys who like these kinds of custom cars. They have everyday cars they drive. I own a supercharged 1990 Mustang. I also have another 87 that I race that has close to 2000hp. I drive an Audi to work. My neighbor(the only other black guy I know in my area) drives an f250 to work everyday. But he has a super clean s550 in his garage with chrome wheels on it. We should be able to wear a T-shirt and a ball cap and go for a drive without someone thinking we are dealing. We have 401K's too.

Those werent the cars I was talking about, and I honestly wasn't putting a color to it. I was talking about the poor (black/brown/white) that opts for 24's over a better (rent) house. Who decides a new set of swampers for his '85 C30 is more important than sending a child support check, or getting his kids out of a single wide. Think less legit tricked out and more bondo but nice rims/system/mud tires.  That's all. 

Pos rep on ironic spadevspade comment. I will admit I used that a million times before I learned it had a racial component to it. 

2 hours ago, DixonHur said:

You do know alcohol and caffeine are drugs right?  But I suppose you don't drink beer or coffee so you're totally not being hypocritical.  

Caffeine “addicts” don’t spend all there waking hours and rent/food/diaper.....money for another high.  It is also much less common for the above to result from alcohol.  There are degrees with types of drugs.

Meth doesn’t fuck people up because a working person can’t afford a “six pack” of meth for the evening.  It’s because it is incredibly addictive.  There are very few if any casual users.

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

Caffeine “addicts” don’t spend all there waking hours and rent/food/diaper.....money for another high.  It is also much less common for the above to result from alcohol.  There are degrees with types of drugs.

Meth doesn’t fuck people up because a working person can’t afford a “six pack” of meth for the evening.  It’s because it is incredibly addictive.  There are very few if any casual users.

Bullshit.  Show your work or shut the fuck up.  You're just parroting what you hear on Fox.  

The truth is that addiction is exception, not the rule among drug users.  

Note that about 35% of people who use meth (stimulant) do so casually.  

7 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Bullshit.  Show your work or shut the fuck up.  You're just parroting what you hear on Fox.  

The truth is that addiction is exception, not the rule among drug users.  

Note that about 35% of people who use meth (stimulant) do so casually.  

35% using meth casually is in your mind a strong statistic supporting, “drugs are all the same”?  What about the other 65%, you know, the overwhelming majority?

I won’t even bother posting the thousands and thousands of websites, medical journals, articles..... regarding the amount of dopamine a drug releases and its addictiveness.  

Why don’t you put your money where your mouth is and pick up a casual herion and methamphetamine habit?  Show your work! Keep a running blog here about how it goes.  

Narrator. He won’t. 

Edited by Incredulity

34 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

35% using meth casually is in your mind a strong statistic supporting, “drugs are all the same”?  What about the other 65%, you know, the overwhelming majority?

I won’t even bother posting the thousands and thousands of websites, medical journals, articles..... regarding the amount of dopamine a drug releases and its addictiveness.  

Why don’t you put your money where your mouth is and pick up a casual herion and methamphetamine habit?  

Just as I thought.  You're all bark.  

Clearly, you didn't look at the numbers...60% only use a couple of times, 35% use casually, and 5% get addicted.

I've done about every drug on the planet, including being a "weekend warrior" cocaine and meth user for the better part of my 20's and 30's... during that time I earned a bachelor's degree, a master's degree and worked my way into executive management...what I didn't do was  get addicted to anything.  Hell, I don't even drink anymore...gave it up for a "dry January" about 7 years ago and never went back.

The simple fact is that those who have a propensity for addiction will get addicted to something, whether it's drugs, alcohol, sex, or gambling.  Those who don't, won't.... dopamine be damned!

Why punish that many for the problems of the few?  Why not use the money, saved from lower incarceration rates to work in a cure for addiction.  Current rehabs don't work because the focus on abstinence instead of treatment of the existing chemical imbalances that lead to addiction...that and there's no incentive to cure addiction since repeat customers are their bread and butter.  

So again, put up facts, or shut up.

Oops, almost forgot, full disclosure, I do still smoke the occasional joint.  I find marijuana preferable to alcohol because I don't get a hangover.

Edited by DixonHur

Your anecdotal “success” not becoming addicted isn’t good enough.

I’ve seen more than enough people get hooked and wreck there lives.  It wouldn’t have mattered if meth cost them $ 0.50 a hit.  It’s all they wanted to do.  

I’ll take with a huge grain of salt a blog post based on a study whose methodology is interviewing drug users about their habits.  Here is another anecdote from personal experience, drug users lie.

I am not an advocate of our current incarceration and drug policies.  I do however push back on the legalization and mainstreaming of all drugs.  I have personally seen to many bad outcomes to buy a 5% addiction rate for meth.  Or my life has been a meth addiction “cancer cluster”.

12 hours ago, DixonHur said:

If you were 12, this would be a hot take.

As it is, it's just embarrassing.

I love when people discount "anecdotal" evidence, and then counter it with anecdotal evidence.

I equally love when folks who won't provide evidence for their position attack another's evidence because it was posted in a blog...even though the actual study is from a US government agency...in this case the Department of Health and Human Services.  Clearly they have less credibility than your intuition on the subject.

At least your username checks out.

I'm not racist, I just always criticize black people and have to be shamed into admitting that the problems I constantly criticize blacks for also exist in my own racial group.

Two days from now I'll be saying the exact same things I'm backing away from now without a second thought.

But I'm not racist.

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I'm not racist, I just always criticize black people and have to be shamed into admitting that the problems I constantly criticize blacks for also exist in my own racial group.

Two days from now I'll be saying the exact same things I'm backing away from now without a second thought.

But I'm not racist.

I'm not sure this is the proper form for your confessions...but ok.

12 hours ago, DixonHur said:

I drink a lot of caffeine and beer. But if they were illegal, I would just have to get by without them. It's pretty simple, we live in a society of laws.  Don't like the pot laws in Austin, then move to Denver. If they allowed meth and heroin, the place would be a junkie haven in 10 years. My opinion, but I would rather have a society off of drugs, rather than making it easier to get them. Most meth and crackheads don't become "executive management" like yourself. 

30 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I drink a lot of caffeine and beer. But if they were illegal, I would just have to get by without them. It's pretty simple, we live in a society of laws.  Don't like the pot laws in Austin, then move to Denver. If they allowed meth and heroin, the place would be a junkie haven in 10 years. My opinion, but I would rather have a society off of drugs, rather than making it easier to get them. Most meth and crackheads don't become "executive management" like yourself. 

I used to think like that, but what I learned is addicts are going to find a way to be an addict. Whether it's alcohol, sex, relationships, or drugs. It really has nothing to do with the substance. If you knew any you would see the he'll bent destruction first hand. Legality of it would only affect the violence. 

Also, back to your comment about poor people buying rims and such. Everyday people waste money on bullshit. There are many people who live in rich neighborhoods but it's all on credit. Or buy Mercedes for clout when they should've bought a Taurus. From the outside we think they are doing well when they are just as guilty as the poor guy buying rims. So we should be careful who we point the finger at. Most people spend 5 to 10k annually drinking. A guy who doesn't is shaking his head at that. So remember that when we are pointing fingers at another person. 

Edited by Thatguy
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/dec/05/portugals-radical-drugs-policy-is-working-why-hasnt-the-world-copied-it

Maybe you don’t know what you are talking about...

You can treat addiction, you can’t stop the production of drugs 

3 hours ago, Thatguy said:

I used to think like that, but what I learned is addicts are going to find a way to be an addict. Whether it's alcohol, sex, relationships, or drugs. It really has nothing to do with the substance. If you knew any you would see the he'll bent destruction first hand. Legality of it would only affect the violence. 

Also, back to your comment about poor people buying rims and such. Everyday people waste money on bullshit. There are many people who live in rich neighborhoods but it's all on credit. Or buy Mercedes for clout when they should've bought a Taurus. From the outside we think they are doing well when they are just as guilty as the poor guy buying rims. So we should be careful who we point the finger at. Most people spend 5 to 10k annually drinking. A guy who doesn't is shaking his head at that. So remember that when we are pointing fingers at another person. 

A $10 sixer every single night is $3650. So maybe take a step back on “most people spend 5-10k”

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/dec/05/portugals-radical-drugs-policy-is-working-why-hasnt-the-world-copied-it

Maybe you don’t know what you are talking about...

You can treat addiction, you can’t stop the production of drugs 

Maybe I don't.

Maybe you missed the first part of the article where they spoke of how nice things were before their country was full of junkies. 

8 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Once you strip away the religious, racist, and power grabbing aspects behind the development of laws prohibiting recreational drugs I find it hard to understand why those laws continue to exist.

Fines and incarceration don't prevent the human desire to digest or inhale mood altering substances. It is the worse possible way, short of murder that was suggested earlier, to deal with the problems that arise from it.

Edited by RayDog
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Maybe I don't.

Maybe you missed the first part of the article where they spoke of how nice things were before their country was full of junkies. 

I did read the first part of the article. Are you proposing we invent a time machine to go back to a time when drugs didn’t exist?  

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

I did read the first part of the article. Are you proposing we invent a time machine to go back to a time when drugs didn’t exist?  

Good luck, I'd be willing to bet cannabis and psilocybin have been around longer than humans...not to mention coca, poppies, peyote, ayahuasca, iboga...etc, etc, etc.

For someone we're told is against drugs, God sure did create a lot of them.