40 people shot in 3 days

Stros

3 hours ago, David Dennison said:

You don't think that it's due to white privilege.

Why do you think black males kill a lot more than others?

1) Lack of LISTENING to strong black role models.  Yes they exist.

2) Feeling the need to protect "street cred."  Admittedly idiotic reasoning, "But that nigga( sic) over there dissed me.  So I put a cap in his ass."

3) In the act of committing other crimes, LE, the competition, and innocent bystanders get shot.

On 5/3/2018 at 11:12 PM, David Dennison said:

That's not true, but whatever. White people had a ton of help from the state. Who do you think removed Indians? Who do you think opened up territory for the land rush in the late 1800s? Who do you think subsidized development of the suburbs? Who do you think supported the mortgages used to buy the houses in those suburbs? Who do you think established land grant universities? Who do you think set up all of the conditions in this country that made it possible for white people to build wealth and hand it down to their children and grand children? Who do you think provided the courts that enforced racially discriminatory laws for centuries?

Black and brown people don't need pity from white people. They need white people to stop being racist.

Can you explain why the Nigerian community doesnt seem to have this problem?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, seven said:

See, I told everyone johnny sack is a known racist 

Johnny Sack may or may not be a racist, but 55 and David are putting things up as "fact" that are just flat out wrong.

4 hours ago, 5 5 said:

Blacks are better than whites because they invented rock & roll, sports & Alexander Hamilton (ie, the American economic system).

What?  I'm pretty sure you're trolling, but come on...nobody "invented" Rock & Roll.  It was born from the fusion of many musical styles, some predominately white and some predominately black...most notably blues and country.   As for sports and Alexander Hamilton...I'd love to know which sports you're talking about, and I'm not even sure how you invent a person, so I'll leave that one alone.

4 hours ago, 5 5 said:

Black dude killed Bin Laden. 

Pretty sure it was the Navy Seals who killed Osama.  Obama is in my Top 10 Presidents list, so while I give him major props for having the balls to order the mission, but don't act like he stormed the compound with an M4...or without one, like Trump would.

4 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Yes.

But so what?

Me and my 3 semesters of African anthropology classes beg to disagree.  Slavery was already a common practice in sub-Saharan by the time the Europeans arrived.  They just became another customer.  The number of Europeans in the slave trade who ventured more than 10 miles from the sea during the middle passage years was next to zero.  The slaves were brought from much farther inland...sometimes hundreds of miles away...by rival tribes and traded for textiles. 

The white guilt slavery angle always bugs me because while slavery is a barbaric practice, with zero redeemable qualities, it has been practiced by every culture on Earth at some point in history.  Just because trans-Atlantic slavery was one of the last ones, doesn't make it any worse, or more historically significant than the ones that existed over the previous 5,000 years. 

I'm a white, American male, so yes, for this period in history, I hit the genetic jackpot!  I have things way easier than black people, women and most people not living in America.  I recognize that I had nothing to do with earning any of my white privilege, but I also don't feel guilty about it, nor do I feel that I owe a debt to anyone not white, male or American.  Just as I don't get bent out of shape that tall, handsome men tend to get better jobs and hotter chicks than average sized and average looking guys.   We all have our cross to bear...it's just some crosses are heavier than others.

Edited by DixonHur
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Me and my 3 semesters of African anthropology classes beg to disagree.  Slavery was already a common practice in sub-Saharan by the time the Europeans arrived.  They just became another customer.  The number of Europeans in the slave trade who ventured more than 10 miles from the sea during the middle passage years was next to zero.  The slaves were brought from much farther inland...sometimes hundreds of miles away...by rival tribes and traded for textiles. 

Again, so what? That has nothing to do with what African slaves experienced in the colonies and United States.

5 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Yep. It’s concealed carry holders you need to worrying about. They are a big threat to shoot you. And a big threat to break into your house and steal your flat screen. 

Also, apparently,  a big threat to shoot NRA meeting attendees.  Guns weren't allowed at the recent convention.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Again, so what? That has nothing to do with what African slaves experienced in the colonies and United States.

You fail to understand that, clearly, the fact that black folks enslaved other black folks is exculpatory for white folks who enslaved blacks. 

On 5/3/2018 at 4:34 PM, David Dennison said:

For sure. The group that benefits from segregated housing doesn't want it to change. Why would they?

Interesting way of wording things to make it appear the more fortunate are being manipulative when in reality they are just living where they want to. 

17 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

So, you were wrong when you said you believed whites were the ones who captured and enslaved black Africans. I'm not making a comment about the treatment of slaves in the New World, I'm correcting your false statement.

40 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

So, you were wrong when you said you believed whites were the ones who captured and enslaved black Africans. I'm not making a comment about the treatment of slaves in the New World, I'm correcting your false statement.

It's not false. Europeans captured Africans. I'm well aware, however, that most were captured by Africans. I took slavery classes in college, too.

24 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It's not false. Europeans captured Africans. I'm well aware, however, that most were captured by Africans. I took slavery classes in college, too.

Bullshit.  You knew what Johnny was asking and you said "yes", don't try to finesse yourself into a revision.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Yes, Egyptians were obviously white. Why else would Hollywood let Liz Taylor play Cleopatra.

You do know that Cleopatra was white, right?  

As we're most all the rulers of Egypt.  

4 hours ago, slorch said:

1) Lack of LISTENING to strong black role models.  Yes they exist.

2) Feeling the need to protect "street cred."  Admittedly idiotic reasoning, "But that nigga( sic) over there dissed me.  So I put a cap in his ass."

3) In the act of committing other crimes, LE, the competition, and innocent bystanders get shot.

I love it when people who have literally NO idea why the black community struggles try to weigh in on it. It is quite comical.

10 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I love it when people who have literally NO idea why the black community struggles try to weigh in on it. It is quite comical.

You have to admit he has the lingo down tho 

On 5/3/2018 at 5:12 PM, David Dennison said:

I know that makes a huge difference for children. Integrated neighborhoods are one of the keys to breaking the cycle of poverty. Sadly, this country suffers from a NIMBYism that relegates low income households to neighborhoods where children have no exposure to anything but poverty.

I saw a lot of white flight in the 70's due to forced integration. What's changed?

6 hours ago, Thatguy said:

so enlighten me.

Gimme your list of excuses...um...reasons for higher murder rates within the black community.  Are they just better shots, or does having to listen to rap/ hip hop music drive them to it?

Edited by slorch

2 hours ago, slorch said:

so enlighten me.

Gimme your list of excuses...um...reasons for higher murder rates within the black community.  Are they just better shots, or does having to listen to rap/ hip hop music drive them to it?

Having to listen to rap/hip hop? Lol. You do know that most of the people who listen to rap are white don't you? You ever look at the audience at a Kanye concert? Don't be ignorant. Rappers make the music they make because that's what sells......to young white people. Snoop, Dre, and Ice Cube have been married 20 years a piece. But I guess you believed them when they said we don't love them hoes, right?

What did those rappers do with their opportunity? Did they stay in the hood or get out? Where did they send their kids to school? 

Edited by Thatguy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, slorch said:

so enlighten me.

The drug trade is why. People are out there fighting over selling drugs in a particular area, and people are dying. It has nill to do with street cred or people "dissing" one another. Now ask how you can stop it. 

2 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

The drug trade is why. People are out there fighting over selling drugs in a particular area, and people are dying. It has nill to do with street cred or people "dissing" one another. Now ask how you can stop it. 

Reason 3 in my initial post addressed this, but carry on...

Solve it by not selling/ doing drugs.  

18 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

You still don't understand. You never will. 

Because you refuse to explain it.

and because I am not a black man.  There’s always that ultimate trump card in the discussion.  No social changes have ever occured with the help of advocates and/allies, right? I must  be a black man to ‘get it’...

I can guarantee beyond the shadow of a doubt if behavior changed, outcomes would drastically improve. We can’t take away crutches and the blame game though.  

37 minutes ago, slorch said:

Because you refuse to explain it.

and because I am not a black man.  There’s always that ultimate trump card in the discussion.  No social changes have ever occurred with the help of advocates and/allies, right? I must  be a black man to ‘get it’...

I can guarantee beyond the shadow of a doubt if behavior changed, outcomes would drastically improve. We can’t take away crutches and the blame game though.  

You have to be open minded to "get it', which you aren't. People are being given sentences that you cannot come back from in life at ages so early that life is over before they hit 20. When a person is faced with no real options at an age where maturity hasn't rounded them out yet you get what you see. But of course your rudimentary solution is "don't sell drugs". The problem is you need a viable alternative in order to get results you are looking for, and those kids aren't going to get hired by anyone so.....

That's why they don't listen to strong black leaders. Not because they don't want to, but because the shipped sailed on being gainfully employed by the age of 18. If you would come off your high horse and head on down and volunteer your time to talk to some inner city kids you would see that for yourself. You would talk to kids and hear the despair in their voice, and see it in their faces. I gave a kid like that a job, but it's basic janitorial work. Everyday I hope that the pressure of not making enough money doesn't break him. 2 years down the line and he is holding steady, but how long can a guy keep that up? He is trying his best, but if he folds you will come back with the same ole rhetoric about behavior changes, not knowing that this guy has been trying his best to make it in life.

Edited by Thatguy
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

You have to be open minded to "get it', which you aren't. People are being given sentences that you cannot come back from in life at ages so early that life is over before they hit 20. When a person is faced with no real options at an age where maturity hasn't rounded them out yet you get what you see. But of course your rudimentary solution is "don't sell drugs". The problem is you need a viable alternative in order to get results you are looking for, and those kids aren't going to get hired by anyone so.....

That's why they don't listen to strong black leaders. Not because they don't want to, but because the shipped sailed on being gainfully employed by the age of 18. If you would come off your high horse and head on down and volunteer your time to talk to some inner city kids you would see that for yourself. You would talk to kids and hear the despair in their voice, and see it in their faces. I gave a kid like that a job, but it's basic janitorial work. Everyday I hope that the pressure of not making enough money doesn't break him. 2 years down the line and he is holding steady, but how long can a guy keep that up? He is trying his best, but if he folds you will come back with the same ole rhetoric about behavior changes, not knowing that this guy has been trying his best to make it in life.

What a load of shit.

Stealing a loaf of bread to feed your family, while done for a noble reason, is still a crime. Are you seriously suggesting that blacks in poor neighborhoods are slinging H to invest heavily in their stock portfolios during a bear market? We don’t get to absolve people of personal responsibility simply because the stats are ugly. A person with a mental defect, such as retardation, can be excused for their actions because they don’t have the mental capacity to use social cues. A black drug dealer isn’t on the same level simply because it’s an easy solution to making money and their environment is more accepting of committing a crime. It's hard to be empathetic to the cause.

The solution is a circle. The only way real change will occur is if strong black leaders request the aid of influencers in the white community. But, the refrain has always been “We don’t need whites to tell us how to solve our problems” for decades. In fact, attempting to do so makes you insensitive and a racist. Requesting such makes you an “Uncle Tom”. As long as that division is there, nothing is going to change. Had MLK not had the support of JFK, we’d all be going to work an extra day in January. Putting “black pride” on a pedestal isn’t going to help the cause any either. I’m not proud to be white because it wasn’t something that was earned. When you create a double standard for this, you are creating an unwarranted chasm in relations when the goal is supposedly equality for all.

When we look at actual climate change instead of treating race as a football game, perhaps we have a chance at progressing. As long as the yellow flags are constantly tossed, and plays are reviewed, the game will be needlessly prolonged.

51 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

What a load of shit.

Stealing a loaf of bread to feed your family, while done for a noble reason, is still a crime. Are you seriously suggesting that blacks in poor neighborhoods are slinging H to invest heavily in their stock portfolios during a bear market? We don’t get to absolve people of personal responsibility simply because the stats are ugly. A person with a mental defect, such as retardation, can be excused for their actions because they don’t have the mental capacity to use social cues. A black drug dealer isn’t on the same level simply because it’s an easy solution to making money and their environment is more accepting of committing a crime. It's hard to be empathetic to the cause.

The solution is a circle. The only way real change will occur is if strong black leaders request the aid of influencers in the white community. But, the refrain has always been “We don’t need whites to tell us how to solve our problems” for decades. In fact, attempting to do so makes you insensitive and a racist. Requesting such makes you an “Uncle Tom”. As long as that division is there, nothing is going to change. Had MLK not had the support of JFK, we’d all be going to work an extra day in January. Putting “black pride” on a pedestal isn’t going to help the cause any either. I’m not proud to be white because it wasn’t something that was earned. When you create a double standard for this, you are creating an unwarranted chasm in relations when the goal is supposedly equality for all.

When we look at actual climate change instead of treating race as a football game, perhaps we have a chance at progressing. As long as the yellow flags are constantly tossed, and plays are reviewed, the game will be needlessly prolonged.

We'll make progress when white people stop thinking there's something wrong with black people.

Edited by David Dennison
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Spanky and Slorch, you just don't understand - probably your racism getting in the way. 

Young black men have to deal drugs and commit crimes. That is the only option America has left for them; it's the only way.

And the only way to advance the country is to have an all non-white represented govt.  American African Americans literally have no other options (Don't tell any of the black lawyers, doctors, professionals out there).  In fact you should both quit your jobs and give them a young drug dealer who's just been released from his first unjustified sentence.  I assume you are both white so you obviously didn't have to work to get where you are, you were born right? You'll probably fall upwards anyhow, I've been assured that's how it works (if you are white). 

*not a BT or DD sock.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Spanky and Slorch, you just don't understand - probably your racism getting in the way. 

Young black men have to deal drugs and commit crimes. That is the only option America has left for them; it's the only way.

And the only way to advance the country is to have an all non-white represented govt.  American African Americans literally have no other options (Don't tell any of the black lawyers, doctors, professionals out there).  In fact you should both quit your jobs and give them a young drug dealer who's just been released from his first unjustified sentence.  I assume you are both white so you obviously didn't have to work to get where you are, you were born right? You'll probably fall upwards anyhow, I've been assured that's how it works (if you are white). 

*not a BT or DD sock.

If you're going to hyperventilate, at least be honest about what you're hyperventilating about. 

• Fuck You 2

Not hyperventilating, just trying to see the world thru your eyes. 

It doesn't go unnoticed that everytime someone has a page long retort to your asinine views, we get a one sentence quip back. I would be more concerned with your ability to further your bullshit if  you showed any signs of intelligence.  It would be a more interesting thread if you could actually debate Spanky or Sack. 

Ask yourself why. 

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Not hyperventilating, just trying to see the world thru your eyes. 

It doesn't go unnoticed that everytime someone has a page long retort to your asinine views, we get a one sentence quip back. I would be more concerned with your ability to further your bullshit if  you showed any signs of intelligence.  It would be a more interesting thread if you could actually debate Spanky or Sack. 

Ask yourself why. 

I'm not concerned with that at all.

• Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

What a load of shit.

Like I said, it's impossible for you to understand. These are kids. 15, 16, and 17 year old children. How many of us experimented with things on the way to adulthood? Were we not told 1000 times the repercussions of our actions yet we did it anyway? Kids make mistakes. Lot's of them. It doesn't matter whether it's the suburbs or the inner city, that sentiment holds true. Now imagine if some of the dumbass shit you did at 16 or 17 ruined your life. Somewhere at this very moment hoards of teeny bopper girls are shoplifting. Somewhere some kids are smoking weed or popping pills. Somewhere tonight a bunch of suburban kids are going to try to buy some coke. And somewhere some poor teenager is going to be dumb enough to try and sell it to them. The difference is when that kid gets caught for being a dumbass teenager his life is going to effectively be over. Meanwhile, the suburban teenager caught with drugs is going to have them confiscated and driven home so his parents can handle the situation, while the inner city kid will get tried as an adult. 

It's not an excuse, it's the truth. When we start seeing them as kids and stop seeing them as monsters, maybe then we will be able to help them.

Edited by Thatguy
  • Like 1

Since none of you seen to be offering any solutions here s one.

Break up the ghettos. Shoving hoards of poor people into one small space is a terrible idea. If you had strategically placed section 8 homes mixed in all over it would go along way into improving the situation. First, hard to have gang wars when you live next to Chip and Chad. Second, it would help being in a positive environment. People tend to do what others around them are doing. Take a 10 year old hood kid and put him with a family in Beverly Hills, and by the time he is 18 he will be a different person. Third, the education will be better, especially if it's done while they are young.

People will assimilate, but they need to be in the environment they are supposed to assimilate to. A parrot won't talk if he's never heard a human speak my friend.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Break up the ghettos. Shoving hoards of poor people into one small space is a terrible idea. If you had strategically placed section 8 homes mixed in all over it would go along way into improving the situation. First, hard to have gang wars when you live next to Chip and Chad. Second, it would help being in a positive environment. People tend to do what others around them are doing. Take a 10 year old hood kid and put him with a family in Beverly Hills, and by the time he is 18 he will be a different person. Third, the education will be better, especially if it's done while they are young.

People will assimilate, but they need to be in the environment they are supposed to assimilate to. A parrot won't talk if he's never heard a human speak my friend.

Poors have cooties.

Chad and Stacy don't want cooties. 

47 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

So take poor blacks and mix them in with rich whites so they won't be poor blacks anymore?  They will assimilate into being different people?  Sounds paternalist and racist to me. 

Example: Whites know better, be more white and your problems will go away.  Your black behavior and world view needs to change. 

Y'all have railed on the ones disagreeing with you for this same line of thought.  How does that make sense when you are saying it?

Ibram Kendi writes about just this type of racism.  DD?  He's your man and you even quote him saying the belief that once race is inferior or superior to another is racist.

Show me the math.

• Like 4