40 people shot in 3 days

Stros

8 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Probably not. But I bet their bikes will go missing. And car stereos will start getting ripped off.   Maybe their kids start drugs. Because poor also brings lazy. And lazy people steal rather than work. Or sling drugs. Or rob and steal. Whatever is the easiest and most profitable.

Now you’ve taken a community of people who’ve strived to leave that behind, and forced them back into it. There’s a reason why it’s never worked.  People who try to better themselves through hard work, education, and sacrifice want as far away from the lazy (that blend with the poor) as possible. 

*note - I realize there are hard working, honest people who are “poor”.   

Another false claim. Slinging drugs isn't easy. Whoever gave you that idea is ridiculous.

15 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Another false claim. Slinging drugs isn't easy. Whoever gave you that idea is ridiculous.

The fucking video above made it clear (if even accurate). You could sling drugs and have a good chance at dying for the same exact amount of $$ you could make working at McD without any education.  I don't feel sorry that someone decides to take the non-work route.  At that point, that person made the choice that doing hood rat shit with my friends >>> working. 

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

The fucking video above made it clear (if even accurate). You could sling drugs and have a good chance at dying for the same exact amount of $$ you could make working at McD without any education.  I don't feel sorry that someone decides to take the non-work route.  At that point, that person made the choice that doing hood rat shit with my friends >>> working. 

Oh, they make way more money slinging. Tax free.

Edited by David Dennison

24 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

You must be poor because that is the most untruthful statement I have ever heard. Rich people have big time drug and addiction issues, don't let the 401K fool you. It's just they can afford their habits. Betty Ford isn't for poor people my friend.

I am considerably poorer than some, sure. Regale me with tales of all the crackheads that made it through law and med school.  Some successful people have addiction problems, of course. The difference is, most of them likely established their lives and picked up the addiction once they could "afford it", as you put it. They weren't getting unfair sentences for drugs at 17 because they were trying to get into college, instead of dealing crack. As much as you want to fight it, 99.9999999% of it comes down to personal choices. Poor personal choices can derail anyone's life, regardless of wealth or color. Anybody in the US can go to a community college for literally 10's of dollars a class. That won't get you into river oaks or the park cities, but it'll keep you from "having" to join a violent drug gang. 

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Oh, they make way more money slinging. Tax free.

Then you shouldn't be offended when I celebrate their misfortunes. Fuck them. They directly assisted in the furthering decline of society, and the faster they all are eliminated, the better off the world will be. 

Just now, fattyflattie said:

I am considerably poorer than some, sure. Regale me with tales of all the crackheads that made it through law and med school.  Some successful people have addiction problems, of course. The difference is, most of them likely established their lives and picked up the addiction once they could "afford it", as you put it. They weren't getting unfair sentences for drugs at 17 because they were trying to get into college, instead of dealing crack. As much as you want to fight it, 99.9999999% of it comes down to personal choices. Poor personal choices can derail anyone's life, regardless of wealth or color. Anybody in the US can go to a community college for literally 10's of dollars a class. That won't get you into river oaks or the park cities, but it'll keep you from "having" to join a violent drug gang. 

You probably don't want to know how many doctors and lawyers did copious amounts of drugs in school.

Just now, fattyflattie said:

Then you shouldn't be offended when I celebrate their misfortunes. Fuck them. They directly assisted in the furthering decline of society, and the faster they all are eliminated, the better off the world will be. 

Can we get rid of all the suburban alcoholics while we're at it?

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

A lot.

Back to the personal choices. They took a foolish risk and made it out unscathed, I guess.  They probably would have been more successful had they hit the books instead of the slopes.  Looks like deciding to go to school instead of gangbanging was the right choice, still  

With regards to the alcohol comment, when it's outlawed, let's talk. Until then it's a poor conversation. You're going to tell me next how many lives are affected by alcohol. I'll explain its because it's sold in every gas station and grocery in the country, and being more available leads to higher abuse rates. You'll advocate for either legalized drugs or prohibition of alcohol.  I don't have the energy and dgaf tbh. 

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Back to the personal choices. They took a foolish risk and made it out unscathed, I guess.  They probably would have been more successful had they hit the books instead of the slopes.  Looks like deciding to go to school instead of gangbanging was the right choice, still  

With regards to the alcohol comment, when it's outlawed, let's talk. Until then it's a poor conversation. You're going to tell me next how many lives are affected by alcohol. I'll explain its because it's sold in every gas station and grocery in the country, and being more available leads to higher abuse rates. You'll advocate for either legalized drugs or prohibition of alcohol.  I don't have the energy and dgaf tbh. 

We tried that. It was a disaster. Just like the prohibition on other drugs, so you're half right. I would never argue for the prohibition of alcohol. I don't even think there should be a drinking age.

Edited by David Dennison

6 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Poor personal choices in life happen just as frequently with well to do families, the difference is they don't derail their lives. You are grossly misinformed my friend to think that people with money are above that. YOU WOULD THINK THAT WITH WHATS BEEN GOING ON IN THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY LATELY, you would have learned that things aren't always as they seem.

I just stated to you that the white kids at Texas were the ones partying and doing drugs, yet you breezed right past that. Those people went on to graduate despite their issues, and I am sure they eventually sought help for their problems. However, to suggest that they picked up the habit once they could afford it is a juvenile take at best. Substance abuse does not discriminate. Let me give you an example. I had to fire a guy who had an alcohol problem. He went on to get the same level job at another company, but that's not the story. This guy drove home (in Friendswood, Texas) drunk, turned a corner, and wrecked his brand spanking new GLE that was two weeks old. He got out of the car and walked the rest of the way home and left his car there. That's the end of the story. He told the police some bullshit story the next day and there were no charges. They didn't even look into it. I fired him for being under the influence at work. He got another job, and no one called me to ask why we let him go.

But I bet if you saw him you would think he was a fine upstanding citizen, huh?

https://www.livescience.com/59329-drug-alcohol-addiction-wealthy-students.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/privileged-kids-rich-drug-alcohol-problems-study-arizona-fake-ids-money-income-a7766906.html

http://www.addictioncampuses.com/resources/addiction-campuses-blog/study-rich-teens-more-vulnerable-to-drug-alcohol-problems-later-in-life/

20 hours ago, David Dennison said:

It's not a feeling. It's an actual thing that exists. 

I know that song..!

I looked out this morning and the sun was gone
Turned on some music to start my day
I lost myself in a familiar song
I closed my eyes and I slipped away
It's more than a feeling (more than a feeling)
When I hear that old song they used to play (more than a feeling)
And I begin dreaming (more than a feeling)
Till I see Marianne walk away
I see my Marianne walkin' away
So many people have come and gone
Their faces fade as the years go by
Yet I still recall as I wander on
As clear as the sun in the summer sky
I see my Marianne walkin' away
When I'm tired and thinking cold
I hide in my music, forget the day
And dream of a girl I used to know
I closed my eyes and she slipped away
She slipped away
Songwriters: Donald T. Scholz

On 5/6/2018 at 4:53 PM, maninblack said:

Does Chicago give a shit

Yes, but you didn't bother to do your research which isn't shocking.  Instead, you opted for a funny quip.  

Homicides are down 25%

Shootings are down 30%

1 hour ago, maninblack said:

homicides and shootings are down. Moose out front shoulda told ya

I was simply responding to thrillhammer’s question about last week’s violence. The information regarding the Chicago PD incorporating strategic decision support centers and ShotSpotter detection technology I found particularly interesting. 

On 5/9/2018 at 7:31 AM, deadshank said:

Chambodia up by Doraville?

Chambodia is becoming white af. I live in Doraville now and am seeing people starting to see people being displaced by rising rents (ITP at least) due a lot of house renovating and flipping. House go on the market and are sold within a week.

The recent burst of violence brings the number of people shot in the city this year to at least 804, according to data kept by the Tribune. That's below the previous two years, when violence hit record levels. Last year at this time, 1,087 people had been shot. In 2016, the number was 1,199. But this year's numbers are still substantially higher than other recent years.

Homicides have followed the same pattern, with at least 161 this year. That compares to 198 this time last year, and 205 in 2016, according to Tribune data.

On 5/8/2018 at 12:51 PM, fattyflattie said:

Chad and Stacy's parents worked their entire lives to not be around poors. They decided not to party, not to do drugs. That the 401k and 529 was more important than the slab. Let's reward their hard work by dragging them back to poverty.  At the very least, their largest asset is about to take a beating on value. 

They would either move, or just buy out the poors.  Or worse, the community's acceptance starts regressing.  Making life "harder" for the people they don't want in the community. Unintended consequences if you will.  Back to square one, now with large groups of well to dos who are not happy about it. 

I just wanted to point out that this is the mentality of a person who doesn't consider themselves racist. First, it shows the person that wrote it thinks that everyone who has a "slab" is someone who doesn't have a job or is poor. Meanwhile, had this person ever been to a car show he would see the large majority of these cars are owned by people who are doing well for themselves,  seeing how they get trailered in by brand new F350s and such.

Next, the poster goes on to talk about how their suburbanites home is going to take a value hit because a black family moved in the neighborhood, but in the same breath is saying that black people have the same opportunities as whites. 

So my question for this poster is if blacks have the same opportunities as whites why are whites going to be angry that black people moved into their neighborhood? Why would they buy them out, or just move? Why would their home values go down?

Two boys, 13 and 17, were shot Thursday night in Uptown on the North Side, among seven people hit by gunfire in Chicago over 12 hours, according to police.

The boys were in the 4600 block of North Sheridan Road when two to three people walked up around 7:35 p.m. and shots were fired, police said. Both of them were hit in the leg.

The 13-year-old was taken to Lurie Children’s Hospital and the 17-year-old was taken to Weiss Memorial Hospital. Both were in serious condition.

Other shootings:In River North, a 35-year-old man was shot in the leg and lower back about 2:30 a.m. in the 200 block of West Ontario Street. The man didn’t see where the shots were fired from and couldn’t describe the shooter, police said. He went to the University of Chicago Medical Center, where police said he was stable.

• In Lawndale, an 18-year-old man was shot in the arm about 10:55 p.m. in the 3600 block of West Douglas Boulevard. He was in good condition at Mount Sinai Hospital.
  • In East Garfield Park, a 17-year-old boy was standing in the 3300 block of West Gladys Avenue around 2:20 p.m. when two people ran through an alley and opened fire. The boy was struck in the abdomen and was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where he was listed in critical condition, police said.
  • In Homan Square, a 22-year-old man was walking down the street in the 700 block of South Homan Avenue when someone in a light-colored car fired shots around 2 p.m., police said. He was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center, where he was listed in good condition.
  • In East Chatham, a 24-year-old man was shot around 11:50 a.m. in the 8200 block of South Drexel Avenue. He was hit several times and was taken in critical condition to the University of Chicago Medical Center, police said. A neighbor said he heard 10 or 12 shots and it appeared the victim was in a car when he was shot. Police taped off the south end of Drexel just north of 83rd Street.

Also Thursday, a 23-year-old man shot himself in the knee about 11:30 p.m. while playing with a gun inside a home in the 6400 block of South Harvard Avenue in Englewood, police said. He went to St. Bernard, were he was in good condition, police said.

Chicago Tribune’s Hannah Leone contributed.

3 hours ago, Thatguy said:

I just wanted to point out that this is the mentality of a person who doesn't consider themselves racist. First, it shows the person that wrote it thinks that everyone who has a "slab" is someone who doesn't have a job or is poor. Meanwhile, had this person ever been to a car show he would see the large majority of these cars are owned by people who are doing well for themselves,  seeing how they get trailered in by brand new F350s and such.

Next, the poster goes on to talk about how their suburbanites home is going to take a value hit because a black family moved in the neighborhood, but in the same breath is saying that black people have the same opportunities as whites. 

So my question for this poster is if blacks have the same opportunities as whites why are whites going to be angry that black people moved into their neighborhood? Why would they buy them out, or just move? Why would their home values go down?

Here's a better question.  Where did I say anything about any race in the quip you posted?  Project much?  

So, maybe a better question would be why do you assume because they are poor, they are black?  Maybe you need to take a deeper look into your assumptions. 

• Like 2

Can we get back to the topic on hand for a minute.  Why do young black men attempt murder and are the victims of murder attempts significantly more than whites, and some 10 percentage points more than hispanics?  

Chicago, St. Louis, Baltimore, New Orleans...the name of the city doesn't matter.  Young black men trying to kill other young black men is universal.  Why?

2 minutes ago, TxEx99 said:

Can we get back to the topic on hand for a minute.  Why do young black men attempt murder and are the victims of murder attempts significantly more than whites, and some 10 percentage points more than hispanics?  

Chicago, St. Louis, Baltimore, New Orleans...the name of the city doesn't matter.  Young black men trying to kill other young black men is universal.  Why?

Street Cred

To lazy to fight

Not scared of death

Home life isn't stable

School system sucks

Drug money is good

You shot my homie, so I'm going to shoot yours..........

6 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Here's a better question.  Where did I say anything about any race in the quip you posted?  Project much?  

So, maybe a better question would be why do you assume because they are poor, they are black?  Maybe you need to take a deeper look into your assumptions. 

What's the topic of conversation? Who have we been talking about this whole time? Who uses the word "slab"? You tried your best to back out of that corner but you failed. Good try though. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TxEx99 said:

At a very young age you are living in terror because your neighborhood is so dangerous. You have a couple choices. Get your ass kicked everyday because you refuse to defend yourself, or defend yourself. The problem with defending yourself is that if you stand your ground, you are going to be hurt. So you go get yourself a gun to protect yourself, and then you find yourself with a weapons charge. Life over.

Or you are a teenager desperately trying to change your situation. Some older guy comes and tells you if you sell this then you can make a lot of money and better your life. Before you even graduate high school you already have drug charges. Life over.

In the hood the police are NOT there to protect and serve, only to enforce and charge. No one is policing these areas preventing the above from happening, only enforcing it when it does. If you watch the videos above you see the desperation on their faces. want out, but small mistakes made before they are even adults have them in the system before they even know what life is about. It's a viscous cycle.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stros said:

Street Cred

To lazy to fight

Not scared of death

Home life isn't stable

School system sucks

Drug money is good

You shot my homie, so I'm going to shoot yours..........

All the things you hear about street cred, people too lazy to fight, and not scared of death is totally untrue. These kids are terrified of getting their butts kicked everyday, which is why they get guns in the first place. Stable home life only matters in the sense that two incomes can get you out of the neighborhood. Your dad going out there and protecting you is only going to get him killed or in jail himself.

12 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

At a very young age you are living in terror because your neighborhood is so dangerous. You have a couple choices. Get your ass kicked everyday because you refuse to defend yourself, or defend yourself. The problem with defending yourself is that if you stand your ground, you are going to be hurt. So you go get yourself a gun to protect yourself, and then you find yourself with a weapons charge. Life over.

Or you are a teenager desperately trying to change your situation. Some older guy comes and tells you if you sell this then you can make a lot of money and better your life. Before you even graduate high school you already have drug charges. Life over.

In the hood the police are NOT there to protect and serve, only to enforce and charge. No one is policing these areas preventing the above from happening, only enforcing it when it does. If you watch the videos above you see the desperation on their faces. want out, but small mistakes made before they are even adults have them in the system before they even know what life is about. It's a viscous cycle.

Why is the neighborhood so dangerous?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Why is the neighborhood so dangerous?

I can see you guys really don't want to learn anything you just want to argue. You act as though this problem is exclusive to the black community or the US, when it's the same anywhere where firearms are numerous around the world. 

These neighborhoods are dangerous because of people fighting over territory to sell drugs, but you have already been told that, and really could care less about helping your fellow man, only proving that your idealology is superior. 

However, if you ever do want to learn something, how about you actually talk to an actual person who has gone through the struggle, and when I say talk, don't come armed to argue. Then you will see that the resolution to the problem isn't as easy as "just get better". If it was as easy as you suggest then all of the cultures around the world wouldn't be suffering from the same problem. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I can see you guys really don't want to learn anything you just want to argue. You act as though this problem is exclusive to the black community or the US, when it's the same anywhere where firearms are numerous around the world. 

These neighborhoods are dangerous because of people fighting over territory to sell drugs, but you have already been told that, and really could care less about helping your fellow man, only proving that your idealology is superior. 

However, if you ever do want to learn something, how about you actually talk to an actual person who has gone through the struggle, and when I say talk, don't come armed to argue. Then you will see that the resolution to the problem isn't as easy as "just get better". If it was as easy as you suggest then all of the cultures around the world wouldn't be suffering from the same problem. 

What if they outlawed the sale of drugs and had strict gun laws?