40 people shot in 3 days

Stros

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

There is no implication anywhere. I am exhaustive (and exhausting) in explaining exactly what my point is.

But I do appreciate, in a sense, how purposefully obtuse you're being. Laying bare the intellectual bankruptcy of your position with dishonest argumentation is a boon for me. Thanks.

I understand what your point is, I just don’t believe you’re correct. Pat them on the head and console them if it makes you feel better, just understand that it won’t help them in the least. 

5 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

I understand what your point is, I just don’t believe you’re correct. Pat them on the head and console them if it makes you feel better, just understand that it won’t help them in the least. 

Why do you talk about blacks like they're children and you're a parent?

12 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Why do you talk about blacks like they're children and you're a parent?

I think he's trying to accuse the liberal perspective of paternalism, which is almost certainly just his own projection. The liberal perspective is driven by the leadership of the African American community. His perspective is driven by the delusions of his brain, and it's imaginary idea of what's really best with people he has absolutely no clue about.

4 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

I view them as compatriots that are capable of thriving, that’s it. 

Your inference that affirmative action and entitlements betray a belief that they are incapable of thriving is a tremendously dim-witted mental leap. It's a stupid, sophomoric rhetoric tactic. It belongs in a high school debate club.

12 minutes ago, ndawg said:

I think he's trying to accuse the liberal perspective of paternalism, which is almost certainly just his own projection. The liberal perspective is driven by the leadership of the African American community. His perspective is driven by the delusions of his brain, and it's imaginary idea of what's really best with people he has absolutely no clue about.

White liberal paternalism is absolutely a real thing worth calling out, but Chrispy ain't really the one who can give voice to an honest critique of white liberal paternalism.

10 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

I view them as compatriots that are capable of thriving, that’s it. 

Then what is your explanation for why they are not?

I have a feeling we're not going to get a very clear answer to this.

6 minutes ago, ndawg said:

Your inference that affirmative action and entitlements betray a belief that they are incapable of thriving is a tremendously dim-witted mental leap. It's a stupid, sophomoric rhetoric tactic. It belongs in a high school debate club.

He doesn't understand that white affirmative action is the default position. It's like asking why there isn't a White History Month.

Edited by David Dennison
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, ndawg said:

I don’t believe so. Beating into the heads of the black community that they are victims destroys their psyche and breeds resentment. It’s a terrible tactic, and a shameful one at that. 

9 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

White liberal paternalism is absolutely a real thing worth calling out, but Chrispy ain't really the one who can give voice to an honest critique of white liberal paternalism.

Then what is your explanation for why they are not?

I have a feeling we're not going to get a very clear answer to this.

I’ve already said why they are not: Family and education need to be the focus. They are fully capable of this task. 

I’ve already said why they are not: Family and education need to be the focus. They are fully capable of this task. 

And then you proceed to discount the real reasons.

It's a neat trick. But it's also wypipo bullshit that anyone can smell from a mile away.

7 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Question: Why are slave-descended blacks in America not succeeding?
Answer: Family and education need to be the focus.

That's not an answer to the question of why, it's an answer to "how can they succeed?".

I'll ask again: What is your explanation for why they are not?

I suppose you could say, "They are not succeeding because they don't care about family or education."

Yes?

I don’t believe so. Beating into the heads of the black community that they are victims destroys their psyche and breeds resentment. It’s a terrible tactic, and a shameful one at that. 

So when white people are talking to other white people on the Internet, how is that beating anything into the head of the black community?

Also, do blacks not have their own brains for their own thoughts? How important do you think our white voices actually are in influencing the beliefs and attitudes of blacks?

Edited by bad_teammate

7 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Duh. That's why white people should stop being racist.

11 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

That's not an answer to the question of why, it's an answer to "how can they succeed?".

I suppose you could say, "They are not succeeding because they don't care about family or education."

Yes?

So when white people are talking to other white people on the Internet, how is that beating anything into the head of the black community?

Also, do blacks not have their own brains for their own thoughts? How important do you think our white voices actually are in influencing the beliefs and attitudes of blacks?

Single family households are the biggest reason for the lack of emphasis on education. Single mothers have to put food on the table and education takes a backseat. 

I’m not referring to the internet, I’m referring to individuals who peddle this ideology on the left. Well, according to you, our voices are very important. After all, we’re their oppressors. 

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

If all is equal except skin color and they go with the white guy over the colored guy how doesn’t the white guy benefit?  I’m confused.  

That presupposes a remotely limited number of mortgage sources and that mortgages decisions are made on an either/or basis.  Thats not the case.

11 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Yes?

Single family households are the biggest reason for the lack of emphasis on education. Single mothers have to put food on the table and education takes a backseat. 

I’m not referring to the internet, I’m referring to individuals who peddle this ideology on the left. Well, according to you, our voices are very important. After all, we’re their oppressors. 

6 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Why are there so many single family households in the black community?

I’m not referring to the internet, I’m referring to individuals who peddle this ideology on the left.

Like who? Any specific white person whose anti-racist message is teaching blacks to not care about family and education? Who has that power and influence? Names would be great.

5 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

That presupposes a remotely limited number of mortgage sources and that mortgages decisions are made on an either/or basis.  Thats not the case.

It is literally true that there are a limited number of mortgage sources.

I don't know what "mortgages decisions are made on an either/or basis" means.

On 5/4/2018 at 8:47 AM, JimmyHoffa said:

They don't care about the City they like to use it to rub it in the other sides face with regards to a large number of failed Democratic ideas. 

Precisely.  I wonder why conservative news outlets are always harping on Chicago's murder rate and shootings when St. Louis's murder rate is almost three times as high?  St. Louis, Washington D.C., Newark, NJ, New Orleans, Milwaukee, Detroit, and Baltimore all have higher murder rates per capita than Chicago.  Kansas City is about the same.  Yet every conservative news commentator and our president only seem to mention what a war zone Chicago is.  I wonder why that is?

Oh, wait,  we do know.  It's because a certain black president is from there and because it's known for its Democratic political machine.  That's all it is.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Precisely.  I wonder why conservative news outlets are always harping on Chicago's murder rate and shootings when St. Louis's murder rate is almost three times as high?  St. Louis, Washington D.C., Newark, NJ, New Orleans, Milwaukee, Detroit, and Baltimore all have higher murder rates per capita than Chicago.  Kansas City is about the same.  Yet every conservative news commentator and our president only seem to mention what a war zone Chicago is.  I wonder why that is?

Oh, wait,  we do know.  It's because a certain black president is from there and because it's known for its Democratic political machine.  That's all it is.  

They also fail to mention anything about certain Republican dominated state legislatures that consistently hamstring city governments.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Like who? Any specific white person whose anti-racist message is teaching blacks to not care about family and education? Who has that power and influence? Names would be great.

It’s a complicated answer, to be sure. A mixture of systemic racism and abdicating responsibility. I lean more to the latter, you to the former. 

Look no further than Nancy Pelosi and her identity politics. Ok, this racist is off to celebrate Cinco de Mayo with his Mexican buds, evening gents. 

It’s a complicated answer, to be sure. A mixture of systemic racism and abdicating responsibility. I lean more to the latter, you to the former. 

The sane version of Chrispy is threatening to return, and I'm glad.

Do you think black people "abdicate responsibility" more often than other races? If so, why do they?

Look no further than Nancy Pelosi and her identity politics. Ok, this racist is off to celebrate Cinco de Mayo with his Mexican buds, evening gents. 

Did anyone call you a racist or is that yet another hysterical false claim to victimhood?

Also, Nancy Pelosi as a figure influential in the black community?

giphy.gif

34 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

They also fail to mention anything about certain Republican dominated state legislatures that consistently hamstring city governments.

The Illinois Senate and House have been Democratic controlled since 2003.  they also owned the Governorship until 2014.

Keep fucking that chicken though...

Just now, slorch said:

The Illinois Senate and House have been Democratic controlled since 2003.  they also owned the Governorship until 2014.

Keep fucking that chicken though...

There's that Chicago fetish. I wasn't talking about Illinois. More like Texas, Wisconsin, Missouri, etc.

33 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The sane version of Chrispy is threatening to return, and I'm glad.

Do you think black people "abdicate responsibility" more often than other races? If so, why do they?

Did anyone call you a racist or is that yet another hysterical false claim to victimhood?

Also, Nancy Pelosi as a figure influential in the black community?

giphy.gif

I’m not sure why they do, but they seem to at a higher rate, I don’t have all the answers unfortunately. I figured a prominent figure in the Democratic Party would suffice, since most blacks vote democratic. 

Ok, time to go get wasted. Maybe I’ll peruse this tonight and post some inane drivel, might be fun. 

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Literally true in that there are dozens.  Many of which are online, data based systems that eliminate any possible bias and in a lending decision.

37 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

I’m not sure why they do, but they seem to at a higher rate, I don’t have all the answers unfortunately.

Yet you're very certain that systemic racism isn't a very important part of the equation? lol ok sure

I figured a prominent figure in the Democratic Party would suffice, since most blacks vote democratic. 

That makes zero fucking sense.

The fact that blacks vote Democratic is not evidence that white people talking about the impacts of racism influences blacks negatively. Look, the Democratic party is terrible, but you're just free-associating different right-wing talking points and ideas and hoping it all magically works as an argument.

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Yeah. That is bullshit.  Those cities have been violent regardless who controlled the state leg. And most have had both parties controlling the state.  

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

There's that Chicago fetish. I wasn't talking about Illinois. More like Texas, Wisconsin, Missouri, etc.

Texas lege was controlled by Democrats until 2002.    Are you saying the GOP taking over has made the state more violent. And Wisconsin?  Are you kidding me?  Are you claiming it has gotten more violent since he GOP took control in 2011?

You are smarter than bringing this bullshit. 

3 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Yet you're very certain that systemic racism isn't a very important part of the equation? lol ok sure

That makes zero fucking sense.

The fact that blacks vote Democratic is not evidence that white people talking about the impacts of racism influences blacks negatively. Look, the Democratic party is terrible, but you're just free-associating different right-wing talking points and ideas and hoping it all magically works as an argument.

I’ve got some beers in me now, feeling quite good. Like I’ve said, racism plays a role to be sure. Now, do I believe it’s the main issue of single family households in the black community? Absolutely not. 

You asked me to provide a person that has influence and espouses the dangerous rhetoric of victimhood, Pelosi is just that person. Her party says that black men are “being hunted in the streets by police” and being “actively oppressed by white privilege” to scare the black community into voting blue, which is sickening. So yes, these scare tactics are effective and clear evidence that they could give a shit about damaging the black psyche. 

1 minute ago, blackmarketbaby said:

How do you intend to solve the issue of race? 

In my opinion, the issues of race that we face now will only be solved once whites are no longer the most politcally powerful ethnic group in the United States. I don't know if that will happen before this country ceases to exist as a sovereign nation state.

5 minutes ago, blackmarketbaby said:

The racist irony is lost on you, I'm glad it's just your opinion

One of the biggest problems in this country is the failure of white people to come to terms with our nation's history. It makes them very uncomfortable. This thread is a perfect example of that.

Our history is not my opinion.

Edited by David Dennison

7 hours ago, David Dennison said:

One of the biggest problems in this country is the failure of white people to come to terms with our nation's history. It makes them very uncomfortable. This thread is a perfect example of that.

I embrace and acknowledge our history.

I refuse to accept responsibility( and your dumptruck load of guilt) for it.

Every man has basic fundamental choices to make in life, and when they continuously choose the wrong things, it's not on me to get em through it.

That doesn't mean I am not generous, compassionate, and charitable.  Those things happen without the bullshit guilt trip though. I understand someone being down in life.  I've absolutely lived it.  Eventually, every man must take responsibility for what's happening though. If you want your situation to change, start making better choices in life.  Stop blaming the other guy.

Edited by slorch

7 hours ago, David Dennison said:

"Come to terms."   What does that mean?   Acknowledge the past or something else?

Are we whites that are not as woke and righteous as you "coming to terms" to meet your standard of suitable contrition?

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Chrispy said:

Now, do I believe it’s the main issue of single family households in the black community? Absolutely not. 

It's almost like you won't venture any further analysis because you know your actual beliefs re: black families are obviously racist. Weird.

You asked me to provide a person that has influence and espouses the dangerous rhetoric of victimhood, Pelosi is just that person. Her party says that black men are “being hunted in the streets by police” and being “actively oppressed by white privilege” to scare the black community into voting blue, which is sickening. So yes, these scare tactics are effective and clear evidence that they could give a shit about damaging the black psyche. 

Pelosi's district is 6.3% black.

You picked Pelosi because you're a grab bag of tired right-wing talking points.

10 hours ago, David Dennison said:

In my opinion, the issues of race that we face now will only be solved once whites are no longer the most politcally powerful ethnic group in the United States. I don't know if that will happen before this country ceases to exist as a sovereign nation state.

We should definitely have an equally split govt.  Sheila Jackson Lee, Corrine Brown, and Obama with one agenda, and Trump, Ted Cruz, and D'an Patrick types making up the other.  Seems like it'll make our country less divided.