COPA AMERICA 2021 ...(could be played in USA)

Napoleon

I haven’t turned on the sad, but will for a bit before I go cycling, but I just realized something. 

Brazil has not one player names “Everton”, but TWO players named Everton! 👀

AND… a third player who actually PLAYS FOR EVERTON!

Holy Crap, Brazil! 

• Hook 'Em 1

Peru 🇵🇪 playing a 5-4-1…

With no experience playing this, so they have no plan for going forward (according to Stuart Holden).

So Peru is playing for the shootout and Peru’s keeper is STANDING ON HIS FUCKING HEAD in the 19th minute. (He may already have 5, FIVE, saves on the night. 👀)

UPDATE; This is going to be an ugly fucking game with a million whistles. And the ref just missed a Peru corner kick… which may have been Peru’s only corner kick of the night. 

Edited by Napoleon

brazil owned that first half like a an adult with a redheaded stepchild. second half very different. going for neymar only, peru and a good game between arg/col. this game been good for drinking and talking about other shit while not missing good plays

2 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

So is Peru's manager unaware that it's really, really hard to win matches when surrendering nearly 70 percent of possession from the first touch?

I realize the Incas are outmanned, but they were playing to lose from the start and it showed.

Peru's manager is an Argentine who got them into the 2018 World Cup. He kind of understand his team's limitations and Brazil's strengths.

You can't score a late goal to send it to extra time if you're down 3-0 or 4-0.

I'm sure that the squad had their training camp for this tournament up at Machu Picchu on that large grass field that everyone takes a photo of. They can defend for hours... they were just trying to play rope a dope, but nope... they needed coke.

image.thumb.png.891f468501b6383f066ec84637fe88b8.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Peru's manager is an Argentine who got them into the 2018 World Cup. He kind of understand his team's limitations and Brazil's strengths.

You can't score a late goal to send it to extra time if you're down 3-0 or 4-0.

I'm sure that the squad had their training camp for this tournament up at Machu Picchu on that large grass field that everyone takes a photo of. They can defend for hours... they were just trying to play rope a dope, but nope... they needed coke.

image.thumb.png.891f468501b6383f066ec84637fe88b8.png

Nah. Peru trying to bunker with an unfamiliar shape was dumb and it ultimately doomed them. The Incas reverted to a more familiar formation in the second half and played much better.

Also, as I mentioned earlier, you just can't surrender possession to an opponent from the opening whistle. It's a questionable tactic with a one- or two-goal lead, but 0-0 from the first minute? Dummmmmmmmmmb.

Peru was lucky not to be down 3-0 or 4-0 at the half, but Neymar & Co. missed a couple of sitters. He was brilliant on the one goal, however.

Nah. Peru trying to bunker with an unfamiliar shape was dumb and it ultimately doomed them. The Incas reverted to a more familiar formation in the second half and played much better.
Also, as I mentioned earlier, you just can't surrender possession to an opponent from the opening whistle. It's a questionable tactic with a one- or two-goal lead, but 0-0 from the first minute? Dummmmmmmmmmb.
Peru was lucky not to be down 3-0 or 4-0 at the half, but Neymar & Co. missed a couple of sitters. He was brilliant on the one goal, however.

Sometimes the ball just bounces the other way. But yeah, could have been 3-0.

6 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Argentina with some really beautiful soccer to start this match and it pays off with an early goal. La Pulga with the assist and Martinez with a clinical finish. Forgot who sent the thru ball to Messi but it was also inspired.

Gorgeous passing.

Lo Celso delivered the hockey assist.

threaded it nicely to messi.. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Argentina with some really beautiful soccer to start this match and it pays off with an early goal. La Pulga with the assist and Martinez with a clinical finish. Forgot who sent the thru ball to Messi but it was also inspired.

Gorgeous passing.

They said Lo Celano.

Unlike the 2006 quarterfinal vs Germany, if they have to sub off the keeper, they have more than 2 subs available to sub in.

This has been a cracker so far. Much more entertaining that Peru 🇵🇪 vs whomever they played last night. 

Argentina has to do something about their players’ tattoo fascination. 

Argentine short guys don’t get intimidated by any other country’s big guys except perhaps Brazil’s. Even Germans don’t intimidate them. 

MOTHERFUCKERS ARE ALWAYS READY TO SCRAP!

EA81B80C-3A57-4327-8396-ADE4593E4411.jpeg

639F88A8-BBCA-4C47-AFD6-6062BBBFA91C.jpeg

1279A96B-ECA1-49E9-9538-D0862319B502.jpeg

Edited by Napoleon
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

You’re a couple years late. Plays for Tottenham. 

Sí, es verdad!

I thought “Tottenham”, then I thought “No, that’s the guy who used to play for Roma.” (Can’t remember his name without looking it up.)

Colombia is dominating the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half, but Colombia has picked up another Yellow.

Lo Celso (fuck autocorrect) is off for Leandro Paredes (creepy fucking eyebrows and DOES STILL PLAY for PSG) in the 56th minute. Argentina try to keep possession for a bit in the 57th-59th minutes.

Colombia subs a striker who plays in Italy.

Edited by Napoleon