2021 Longhorns Countdown to Kickoff

Longboard Horn

I was there that day. Certain that we weren't going to pull it out. The Kansas fans had surrounded the Texas section and were jingling their keys because the game was "over." 

Afterward, we loaded up the car and headed to KC for some BBQ. We were listening to the postgame on ESPN or somewhere and heard Fatty McFat Fat's comments. We were laughing and couldn't believe he was serious. "You know what this is about?! The BCS!" 

Great game once the dust had settled. Nick Reid's shoes are still stuck in the turf near the north 20 yard line. 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Great Memory -- Thanks for these goes to @Voluminous Banality

UnselfishDismalBighorn-size_restricted.g  

s-l1600_508b3ca0-5286-40f2-8ff7-27f970a1 

ETR-93-The-3-Ps-of-Passionate-Living-881

First game my wife attended in person. She must've asked me a hundred times if Texas was going to win. I kept telling her, "I don't know, but I like our chances." When tOSU scored with two minutes left to take the lead, she asked again if Texas was going to win. I said, "I don't know, but I like our chances," and when Quan Cosby dove across the goal line with 16 seconds left, she decided then and there that this Texas football thing is pretty great. Yes, dear, yes it is.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 8/20/2021 at 3:57 AM, LTtxfan said:

Sorry for spelling error...

Rick McIvor #15 

OIP.FCS676mQyRKd3_BUfvEXnwAAAA?pid=ImgDe

Legend -- 100 Yard Throw

https://defector.com/an-arm-and-a-legend-rick-mcivor-and-the-100-yard-throw/ 

I would watch practice back in the day, and after it was over, I would see McIvor on the home sideline screwing around with teammates and launching 85 yarders with regularity. I don’t recall ever seeing a 100 yarder, but I wouldn’t be surprised he could do it. He would get occasional opportunities to play, but there was usually always someone less talented but way more consistent around (Robert Brewer was a badass in ‘82). I guess it was Dodge and Moerschell after Brewer who kept McIvor at bay. Rick had a long windup, and that doesn’t translate well to high level football.

4th and 5, The National Championship on the line right here.

"He's going for the corner..... He's got it " 

VINCE YOUNG SCORES !!!

hi-res-56525471_crop_exact.jpg?w=1200&h= 

" INVINCIBLE "

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1