2021 NBA Offseason Thread: Business as Usual? -- Trades/Free Agency/Retirements/Etc.

Patrick Bateman

2 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Knicks are going to be a force next year.

Yea..... I mean that's not a lot for two contributors but the Evan Fournier deal looks weird.  They're still probably a big star away though, so they can improve marginally without being a real contender.  They'll need a superstar level guy as Randle is probably more a #2 in the East.

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

That's a lot for a shooter.  There is a lot of fat built into that deal.  

MIA has perfected the art of overpaying guys and having bad contracts on the books that can always be used as trade ballast.    This allows them to be in on big time FAs every offseason

1 minute ago, d2o said:

MIA has perfected the art of overpaying guys and having bad contracts on the books that can always be used as trade ballast.    This allows them to be in on big time FAs every offseason

Have to have assets though.  Assuming Precious goes to Toronto, they've traded away tons of draft picks so they'll basically have 2 more assets to trade -- Herro and 2022 1st which Houston has a swap option on.  I like Butler but I hate his extension.  I get it, there's always a dumb GM who will take a bad contract, but damn...

CP3 bets 4/120m from Phoenix.  Damn.