Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

Katy (Texas) Taylor High School 3-star offensive lineman Andrew Coker has watched his popularity rise each day. Texas was the latest Power 5 school to offer him on Wednesday.

And while he is grateful for every offer, particularly the latest offer from the school he called his "childhood favorite," Coker said his mindset hasn't changed with where he is on recruiting.

"That doesn't change my place with A&M, TCU and Georgia," Coker said, referring to three schools that currently are high on his list.

Coker's process is far from over, but he said the Texas offer was a big offer. The good news for Texas A&M and head coach Jimbo Fisher is that the 6-foot-7, 310-pound offensive tackle -- who was offered by the Aggies on his unofficial visit on April 14 -- is still very interested in wearing Aggie maroon in college.

His presence would be welcomed, as Texas A&M is still looking for an offensive lineman pledge. The Aggies have the nation's No. 3 recruiting class, per the 247Sports recruiting composite, but all of the pledges are either skill-position players or defensive linemen. Coker is being recruited by offensive line coach Jim Turner.

Last month, Coker spoke highly about his unofficial to Texas A&M. He was a part of a large group of athletes who were in attendance for the Maroon & White Game. He also was one of 48,000-plus at Kyle Field.

"The atmosphere there was crazy, especially for a spring game," Coker told GigEm247. "You don't usually see that many people there for a spring game."

After picking up the Texas A&M offer, Coker said: "This is one of the offers I've spent my high school career working towards. I think the programs will do big things under a high-quality coach like Coach Fisher."

An all-district right tackle for Katy Taylor, Coker has 14 reported offers. He is ranked the nation's No. 48 offensive tackle and No. 491 player overall in the 2019 class, per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. Coker currently has nine 247Sports Crystal Ball predictions, and eight of them point in Texas A&M's favor. Additionally, all eight of those predictions came last month

Hamm says they’re going to flip an SEC LB

Looks like Zach Edwards of LSU. He loves Peveto and his colostomy bag 

my favorite quote from him

"They didn't sign any linebackers last year and the starters are upperclassmen," he said. "There would be a chance for me to play early there. That's something I really like."

haha

4 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Hamm says they’re going to flip an SEC LB

Looks like Zach Edwards of LSU. He loves Peveto and his colostomy bag 

my favorite quote from him

"They didn't sign any linebackers last year and the starters are upperclassmen," he said. "There would be a chance for me to play early there. That's something I really like."

haha

POWER MOVES!

They have a nice DL class going ( mostly due to Leal ) and Safety's, but LB and CB looks like nothing special.  Eric Young probably out grows CB and Wolfe looks lost in coverage in clips I've seen.

Horry moving not to OT but DE?!? It was clear in high school that dude wasn't a TE but I always assumed they kick him down to OT. DE? ok. 

After going years without much, or any, depth at the tight end position, Texas A&M finds itself with a few players at the position.

Junior college transfer Jace Sternberger was outstanding in the spring after arriving a semester early. In fact, he was named the Aggie football Spring MVP and also was by far the spring game receiving leader. He looks like he has the potential to be a breakout star in 2018.

Redshirt freshman Keynel McZeal is still making the adjustment after moving from wide receiver after high school. However, he has shown promise as a receiving threat.

A&M will also have Arizona grad transfer Trevor Wood in the fall. He graduated in May and is already living in College Station.

The Aggies just signed Glenn Beal out of Louisiana and he will arrive later this month. Though he still has to wait a year to finish high school, A&M also has a commitment from four-star Baylor Cupp.

That leaves redshirt freshman Camron Horry as a bit of a victim of the depth chart. The 6-foot-5, 280-pounder was more a blocker than a pass-catcher. Now, though, he will be playing on the other side of the ball.

According to sources, Horry has made the move to defensive end. It was a spot that some schools liked him as when he was coming out of Katy Taylor in the class of 2017.

The son of former NBA star Robert Horry, Camron will likely have a bit of an early learning curve but he could provide depth at a position that needs it as he adjusts to his new role.

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

Horry moving not to OT but DE?!? It was clear in high school that dude wasn't a TE but I always assumed they kick him down to OT. DE? ok. 

Reveal hidden contents

After going years without much, or any, depth at the tight end position, Texas A&M finds itself with a few players at the position.

Junior college transfer Jace Sternberger was outstanding in the spring after arriving a semester early. In fact, he was named the Aggie football Spring MVP and also was by far the spring game receiving leader. He looks like he has the potential to be a breakout star in 2018.

Redshirt freshman Keynel McZeal is still making the adjustment after moving from wide receiver after high school. However, he has shown promise as a receiving threat.

A&M will also have Arizona grad transfer Trevor Wood in the fall. He graduated in May and is already living in College Station.

The Aggies just signed Glenn Beal out of Louisiana and he will arrive later this month. Though he still has to wait a year to finish high school, A&M also has a commitment from four-star Baylor Cupp.

That leaves redshirt freshman Camron Horry as a bit of a victim of the depth chart. The 6-foot-5, 280-pounder was more a blocker than a pass-catcher. Now, though, he will be playing on the other side of the ball.

According to sources, Horry has made the move to defensive end. It was a spot that some schools liked him as when he was coming out of Katy Taylor in the class of 2017.

The son of former NBA star Robert Horry, Camron will likely have a bit of an early learning curve but he could provide depth at a position that needs it as he adjusts to his new role.

Well, they already have so much talent at OT... so... yeah...

A victim of the depth chart? 

They have 2 fucking TEs. That’s not a depth chart, that’s barely fielding a team. (I’m not counting McZeal because changing WR to TE usually works out) 

The truth is Horry was a horrible take at TE and everyone knew it, but Sumlin didn’t use a TE so who cared. Now that Jimbo’s offense needs TE to succeed. He’s offering every guy with a pulse. The fact that Horry is being moved positions shows you how bad he was at TE. 

ChinPubes: Need to hang on to Leal and I think the Aggies eventually do. They weren't signing Brown and had lost out on O'Neal last year, too, if you'll remember correctly. They know they'll have to fight until the end to keep DeMarvin. The stuff about his mom being in Texas' hip pocket is and has always been an Austin-generated, Herman and the 'Shhh' Man fueled myth.
AG

Stupid they going crazy on EJ's flip pick.  Hey morons, EJ lost any chance of points in 247 CB crap with the commitment to aggy. This is his shot at getting points if he flips with no negative effects if he doesn't. SMDH

Also, the saying Leal's paying attention to NFL is so stupid when you look at the dozen or so guys Giles coached that went the NFL.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

DccsMTDU8AACstH.jpgDccsNrAUQAA5n0o.jpgDccsPbfV0AAcgVn.jpg

Of course Perroni is going to say that.  He didn't even have a clue this was happening until it was brought to his attention on the aggy board.  If he knew he would have gave his subs a heads up like he always does when aggy commits are visiting or about to decommit like he did with White, Brown, O'Neal, ect. last cycle.

• Like 2