Fucking Arlington, TX, 11 am Game

So I am going to meet up with some college friends for Stanford/KState for the 11 am game in September.  I don't think there is going to be much of Stanford presence because, well, Stanford v. KState.   So not really exciting about any Arlington pre-game locals or activities. Some local alumni shit may open up but I'm a shitty alumni.

Small group of about 10 people staying in Dallas the night before - maybe two of them actually give a shit about the game.  I'm thinking I should probably plan on some kind of interim bloody mary type place prior to the game.  Any ideas?  I was thinking something Bishop Artsy/Design District type thing but I've not been down in that area since pandemic. 

What hotel you at? And you just want a Bloody Mary (or 3) between when you wake up and the game?

Hotel bar. Or anywhere that’s open near your hotel that serves booze. Theres not a bloody or place in town that’s worth driving very far for an hour or two of pregaming to get.

Edited by Landomatic

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Head over to Texas Live before the game.

Thanks all.  I've actually heard this from a few people - not so much it's going to be great but more so it's the only possible game in town. 

I was actually thinking one of the bar/brunch places in Dallas but they all open too late.

On 7/31/2021 at 1:19 PM, tantric superman said:

Thanks all.  I've actually heard this from a few people - not so much it's going to be great but more so it's the only possible game in town. 

I was actually thinking one of the bar/brunch places in Dallas but they all open too late.

We've done Texas Live before the B12 title games and it's fun/fine for Arlington from 8-10:30 AM. 

On 7/31/2021 at 12:28 AM, tantric superman said:

So I am going to meet up with some college friends for Stanford/KState for the 11 am game in September.  I don't think there is going to be much of Stanford presence because, well, Stanford v. KState.   So not really exciting about any Arlington pre-game locals or activities. Some local alumni shit may open up but I'm a shitty alumni.

Small group of about 10 people staying in Dallas the night before - maybe two of them actually give a shit about the game.  I'm thinking I should probably plan on some kind of interim bloody mary type place prior to the game.  Any ideas?  I was thinking something Bishop Artsy/Design District type thing but I've not been down in that area since pandemic. 

Shops at Legacy and Legacy West in Plano. Always fun. I also work in that area.