Champions League 2021 - 2022

Napoleon

6 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Watching Foden on the ball…

The USMNT will be lucky to lose 2-0 to England in the World Cup. 

If the Cup were in June/July, with all of our injuries, we would be lucky to lose 3-0 and 5-0 would not be a surprise. 

I used to laugh at how overrated England always was in the World Cup and came within a blown Higuaín shot in 2014 from winning the Shaggy WC Pool (and finishing in the top 90 on ESPN’s pool of well over a million entries) because I wasn’t snowed over by the England bluster, but the current England squad is for real. And the USMNT look like a Championship side in comparison. 

this is who the US trotted out there on defense in 2010 lol

Cherundolo, DeMerit, Onyewu, Bocanegra,

No worries because we had Findley at the 10 (and dreamcrusher Jozy at the 9) in a 4-4-2 lmao

Oh and Ricardo Clark started in the first 11, the same Ricardo Clark who disgraced himself so badly three matches later he was a non-injury first half sub lol

We're going to fuck up England

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

this is who the US trotted out there on defense in 2010 lol

Cherundolo, DeMerit, Onyewu, Bocanegra,

No worries because…

We're going to fuck up England

As long as England isn’t as good as Costa Rica’s B team, we should be okay. 

PS- Since 1994, the USMNT has never been weaker at keeper. But Tim Howard showed us in 2014 against Belgium that a keeper’s importance is overrated. It’s just a good thing that this is a Nov/Dec World Cup.

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

If only there was a Nats thread and multiple World Cup threads. 

I cross-posted due to watching Foden in this match and marveling a his precocious pieces of skill. 

He may be a kid (#47) and about 135 lbs, but he is really good. 

4 minutes ago, maninblack said:

I give zero fucks about international soccer but that's a shit fucking group. I could see anything happening.

True, but putting a confident bet on USA who can't beat Panama to easily handle Wales, Scotland or Ukraine is cute.

• Hook 'Em 1

This game is nuts. 

I stepped out of the room for about 2 minutes and came back to a 3-1 game. So then I had to rewind to see what happened and when I watched the replays and tried to fast forward to LIVE, I realized that I had missed another goal!

Insane entertainment for a Tuesday afternoon.