9.13.21 Coach Sark press conference 11am

bigup2dahorns

1 hour ago, Longhornlove said:

The biggest ass chewing I/we ever got in High School baseball was after we won 12-4 in a tournament. We took 3rd place. We eventually went on to lose in the state championship. Coach broke the trophy on the bus as we were about to leave. We went on to suck ass in district play, took second, made the playoffs the began to pound good pitching that we saw in the playoffs. We couldn't hit bad pitching for some reason.

Maybe you should’ve tried harder. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Handcruser said:

Saying the OL failures were due to things like “missed assignments” infuriates me.

The OL failures are a direct result of 3 things-

1. Poor talent eval’s
2. Poor development
3. Poor system implementation

We need an influx of 10 OL this off-season. Period. I dont care if we have to sign 20 or 25 OL next class…..fix this fucking problem. For once.

This is correct. The first team DL is better, but lacks much depth. It sounds like old jock truism, but the game is won or lost at the line of scrimmage. We have insufficient talent, what he have has not been well developed, and they are playing a new system. By the way, Saban went 7-6 his first year at Bama. He had a lot of players disqualified for the text book thing, but he had his problems, and we have ours. I'm tired of being angry every fall Saturday. If there is clear progress as the season progresses, and some solid OL recruiting, it should get better. At this point I just need to see progress. 

1 hour ago, Creasy Bear said:

You are aware that Tom Herman was our coach for 4 years?  He was all about the tough guy persona and chewing asses out.  Obviously that did not work out either. 

That’s because he sucked at coaching. Saban does it and it works. Playing patty cake with kids never works at all. You think Pittman at Arkansas doesn’t yell and play tough guy last week with his team because they came out fired the fuck up flying all over the field playing with a ton of emotion and we looked like scared pussies who played with a laid back approach they got from the head coach.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

That’s because he sucked at coaching. Saban does it and it works. Playing patty cake with kids never works at all. You think Pittman at Arkansas doesn’t yell and play tough guy last week with his team because they came out fired the fuck up flying all over the field playing with a ton of emotion and we looked like scared pussies who played with a laid back approach they got from the head coach.

Yeah, but kids can see right through that tough guy coach act.

I love press conferences because no matter what Sark did or said people here would bitch about it. 
Can we agree his press conferences are at least better than Herman's? Let's take that win for now. 
There is literally nothing any coach can say after a loss that will appease the angry mob. Hell, Saban gets out in front of it by treating blowout wins as if they were losses..
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

that's a false equivalency.  your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.

How was I comparing apples to oranges? Our head coach made a mistake with the position he coaches and he corrected it after 3 quarters then saw it through by naming casey the starter going forward. That's an admirable quality already and promising from the tenure of the last 2 chuckle fucks. The OL will improve under flood I can almost guarantee it. Bijan is a stud and will help us win games. The defense will improve as well as PK adjusts to his surroundings and gets his feet wet. But, if injuries plague us and the big 12 refs buttfuck us we could lose a lot of games we should win. If you have some form of PTSD from the teams past which makes you a miserable asshole then that's on you man. I cry, whine, and bitch too...all the time. When the season starts I think we have a chance at winning the big 12, every damn year lol. It's a kids game, don't take it so serious. I even donated some of my money and if we go 1-11 I will hang around to see what Sark does next year. 

On 9/13/2021 at 4:41 PM, Snacks said:

It is not critical... that was my whole point.  It may be critical in the NFL where everyone is great and all teams do is learn how to beat QBs (or not) but in college, there are more QBs that wait for the receiver to open than those that dont...  Trevor Lawrence is an exception... otherwise, go look at the teams that win and look at their QBs... making a decisive throw is more important than "throwing the receiver open".  Sure, it's a great trait to have, but it is absolutely not the difference between being a champion and being a backup.

That interception happened because Thompson waited too long instead of throwing the ball on time. 

You're still wrong, it's absolutely critical.

15 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

That interception happened because Thompson waited too long instead of throwing the ball on time. 

You're still wrong, it's absolutely critical.

So... How did all of those other QBs succeed in college while not displaying a critical skill?