9.13.21 Coach Sark press conference 11am

bigup2dahorns

Not that it matters, but ESPN's Apple IIe thinks we have a better chance at playing OU in the Big 12 championship game than Iowa State.

I think it’s possible this team gets to the CCG. All of the contenders for Big 12 number two appear to be significantly flawed.

That is very different from winning it.

3 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Those same teams that did all that cool shit you’re referencing beat Kansas 50-48, let Baylor hang 24 on them while scoring 10, couldn’t beat tcu and got skull fucked by maryland. 3 guys whipping 5 guys asses is not a coaching problem bro, it’s a talent problem. You can go down that road and say flood isn’t what he’s suppose to be but it’s much simpler to say we have about 5 or 6 OL that were evaluated and ranked completely wrong. Those edge transfers we got in were recruited by two of the best sec teams in the country and they turned out to be mediocre so we scooped them up lol. We have a walk on LB starting. Cade fucking brewer is our best TE and we don’t have a single WR worth a fuck currently. I think this staff can is good enough to take all this shit we have and win games still haha. But we ain’t walking into any game for a while with the “we just out talent everybody” mentality. Those days are gone for a while. 

Outtalent everybody? No. Outtalent Arkansas. Yes. Whittington is a five star recruit that is very talented, Worthy is pretty good too. Most of this O-line played pretty well towards the end of last year. This year they suck shit through a straw. Bottom line, my statement wasn’t that we could outtalent everybody, it was that Arkansas didn’t do that. I’ll stand by that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SuckitKevin said:

Outtalent everybody? No. Outtalent Arkansas. Yes. Whittington is a five star recruit that is very talented, Worthy is pretty good too. Most of this O-line played pretty well towards the end of last year. This year they suck shit through a straw. Bottom line, my statement wasn’t that we could outtalent everybody, it was that Arkansas didn’t do that. I’ll stand by that.

Our oline lost our best player who actually got drafted pretty high and they got better or they played 2 fucking horrible defenses the last 2 games?

Our D-line was the strength of the team last year. We lost Ossai but still have plenty of talent. More than Arkansas. The O-line obviously needs a talent infusion (which is why we should have brought in at least 2 transfers), but not one player looks better than they did last season. This coaching staff failed miserably in the offseason and on Saturday.

3 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

I agree with this generally.  sans Brockermeyer and Bush everyone else is a scholarship player who was at least rated a 3 star and many 4 stars.

the point of the post also is that hey a team that got beat by Baylor and almost lost to Kansas also beat the shit out of Georgia and hung with the greatest SEC team in history not 2 to 3 years ago.  This was somewhat of a perfect storm at Ark and our coaching staff didn't have us prepared.

we played the wrong QB, Our OL is a shitshow and Kwiatkowski got Art Briles'd because he's never had to defend that O.   I'm most disappointed in PK to be honest.

Yes we have to get our shit together on the recruiting trail/portal but this can be totally different a year or 2 from now.

I will laugh when our first 2 years will have all our road games be at night and all our home games are between 11AM and 2:30PM kicks

The “we’re not ready for the SEC” shit is stupid as fuck but not surprising. We all knew (or should’ve known) that would be the narrative if we lost to the piggies. Reality is we made mistakes and it snowballed. Our OLine is not good enough & our defense got worn out. It has nothing to do with SEC.

• Hook 'Em 3

When a 3 man dline is fucking up every shotgun run and pass snap, you go heavy and run the ball. Force them to commit guys to LOS. 2nd possession of 2nd half was the perfect counter and then they went back to being cute. Blowing the D line off the LOS gives you momentum and confidence for pass blocking situations that would come up later. 

Pulling a RS Freshman in his second game because of an Oline and schematic issue is fucking retarded. Scream for Casey into your pillow.

Edited by StassneyHorn

6 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Goddamn the level of bitchassness in here is approaching texags territory. Some of y’all need to change your fucking tampon and put down the fireball. Bitches

Yeah I'm fine with being pissed and looking for what to blame and even arguing about if that's right or not, but all this whining about "the last 12 years of this shit" and "it's a culture problem" and "everyone is fucking soft" is dogshit. If you think that then fuck off stop being a longhorns fan, it's really not that hard. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

The entire OL are in new positions lol. Okafor and Jones were on the right side, junior was on the left side and kerstetter was our damn center. They got their asses whipped by 3 guys A BUNCH. Arkansas’s OL helped rush for 330 yards by like 6 different rb’s. If you think saban or Meyer could make these kids “try harder” then you’re in for a rude awakening. In the big 12 these recruits are perfect but Arkansas just showed us why we aren’t ready to compete yet. Trench warfare. I’ll stand by that we can win the big 12 because this staff is excellent but if we don’t find some pipe hitting mother fuckers before our entrance into the SEC…well get ready for so many butt fuckings we will probably be able to get a NIL deal with a doctor that sews up assholes. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Colorado,

who we handled pretty well last year was a cunt hair from beating big bad SEC aggy. But you’re right we can’t compete. I’m tired of arguing with some of you. I think Flood is a good coach with a fantastic track record and maybe he hasn’t had enough time to teach properly. I believe there is more talent there than you do. We’ll agree to disagree. Other than Georgia and Alabama, SEC ain’t shit. I ain’t sucking their dick.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, nunna yo bizness said:

You don't have to be pissed at or dress down anyone in particular.  Just show some emotion that losing the way we did pisses you off.

This

I didn't say Sark should throw a hissy fit or dress anyone down. But, we haven't seen much emotion from him yet - at all. And he was dead wrong about Arky being another "faceless opponent".

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

Colorado,

who we handled pretty well last year was a cunt hair from beating big bad SEC aggy. But you’re right we can’t compete. I’m tired of arguing with some of you. I think Flood is a good coach with a fantastic track record and maybe he hasn’t had enough time to teach properly. I believe there is more talent there than you do. We’ll agree to disagree. Other than Georgia and Alabama, SEC ain’t shit. I ain’t sucking their dick.

Ahh I see where we aren’t understanding each other. You think we are going to walk into kyle field, the swamp, Death Valley or ole saban Avenue and the other team might play half assed? I’m arguing with you that every sec opponent is going to play their better than normal game probably for the first 3 years lol. We are going to get so many “best game we have played in a long time” type matchups that it will be hard to believe. You factor in all that hatred and we don’t have enough talent yet to overcome 4 quarters of that type of vitriol. That’s all I’m saying my friend. We have talent for sure. 

6 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

This

I didn't say Sark should throw a hissy fit or dress anyone down. But, we haven't seen much emotion from him yet - at all. And he was dead wrong about Arky being another "faceless opponent".

Goddammit we get it. Your tampon is in a knot. Now stfu already

Edited by Herbie Hancock
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Ahh I see where we aren’t understanding each other. You think we are going to walk into kyle field, the swamp, Death Valley or ole saban Avenue and the other team might play half assed? I’m arguing with you that every sec opponent is going to play their better than normal game probably for the first 3 years lol. We are going to get so many “best game we have played in a long time” type matchups that it will be hard to believe. You factor in all that hatred and we don’t have enough talent yet to overcome 4 quarters of that type of vitriol. That’s all I’m saying my friend. We have talent for sure. 

UT will see a lot of that this year from Big 12 opponents. Time to man up or we're looking at 7-5 or worse.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Whatever. SEC teams play shitty games all the time. It won't be that different than the B12 where we have to deal with what you're describing every year from multiple teams. 

The overall quality is better in the SEC but I'm not worried about every team playing up against us. They have enough to worry about on the rest of the schedule. 

We haven't won the B12 in 12 years. We need to worry about putting a better team on the field first and foremost. The rest will come along. 

6 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Win, win and win some more then you can talk like this and nobody will talk about how dangerously old fashioned you are.  Until then you gotta do that kind of work behind the scenes.  Sark was fine today for where the program is and where he is as a coach.  

Exactly. And for all the comparisons to Saban, I'd be curious to see his press conference responses and demeanor when Alabama lost to Louisiana Monroe at home in his first year at Alabama. It's a lot easier (and more effective) to rip your players after winning by a large margin against a patsy; a different response is required when your players just got publicly humiliated (and they know it). 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

Maybe.  But, what if Sark starts Casey and he goes in there and throws all over their dumbfuck sellout to stop the run defense?  The TD's were there to be had if you hit the receivers.  Great gameplan by Odom.  Take away the run game and make the freshman QB beat you with his arm.  Worked like a charm.

If only we had employed the same plan… Or hired Odom. 

7 hours ago, Handcruser said:

Saying the OL failures were due to things like “missed assignments” infuriates me.

The OL failures are a direct result of 3 things-

1. Poor talent eval’s
2. Poor development
3. Poor system implementation

We need an influx of 10 OL this off-season. Period. I dont care if we have to sign 20 or 25 OL next class…..fix this fucking problem. For once.

this.  i've waited 2 days before bitching and although the anger has subsided the fear and loathing is still in full gear.

i've got battered horn syndrome and every year i fall for the banana in the tailpipe.

the coaches are paid bajillions to know what they have and what to do with it.

"ole" passpro facing 3.... THREE rushers?????

all concerned should be embarassed.

i know i am.  it was shitty zoomslack monday.

7 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Don’t worry it won’t ever be public at Texas. From Mack to sark it’s never been that way. And maybe that’s a issue. Your fan base would fucking love you if you showed some emotion that this isn’t happening again, and by not happening again I’m not talking about losing a game but playing like passionless pussies and with no fight or no energy isn’t happening again at Texas.

CDC has been here long enough to know that water boils instantly on the 40.

2 hours ago, SuckitKevin said:

So Texas beat Georgia 2 yrs ago, hung with National Champion LSU better than anyone that year, but now they need to get to that level. This is just lazy excuse making. Texas has talent that needs to be coached up. If you’re saying we need to get to that level with our coaching staff, sure. Arkansas didn’t out talent us. That’s ridiculous.

Exactly!  I'm so sick of this shit.  Everytime an SEC team beats a team from another it's as though it's a referendum on the greatness of SEC. If they lose you never hear about it again.  Every game broadcast with an SEC team in it is a constant barrage of branding. This is SEC football. Their playing SEC defense. That SEC speed.  You're left feeling like you're watching a fucking infomercial. I don't care that we're going to that conference.  This shit is ruining college football.  Regionalizing the sport further and further.  

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, JFKFC said:

When 5 are consistently getting owned by 3, it is because the 5 are pussies. There isn't an ounce of dog in any of the o-linemen on our roster. Sark could have made changes via the transfer portal. He didn't get it done. It doesn't matter why - Sark failed. This isn't about schemes. We have a roster of fucking cowards. 

5 vs. 3

the entire o-line room should have to stand at a chalkboard and write 5 vs. 3 for an hour.

indefensible.  literally.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

If this team gets their shit together and winds up winning the big 12 behind Casey and bijan playing lights out I hope all you spineless fuckers in here do the right thing and find a sturdy hand rail to climb up on and smash your own balls. If we end up sucking and go 7-5 then at least we did it hoping for the best at all times, like our legendary qb told that team in the rose bowl…let your nuts hang out. 

that's a false equivalency.  your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.

5 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Goddamn the level of bitchassness in here is approaching texags territory. Some of y’all need to change your fucking tampon and put down the fireball. Bitches

We finished the fireball before kick-off. At this point we are shoving UV lights up our asses and drinking horse bleach trying to maintain the buzz

4 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Exactly!  I'm so sick of this shit.  Everytime an SEC team beats a team from another it's as though it's a referendum on the greatness of SEC. If they lose you never hear about it again.  Every game broadcast with an SEC team in it is a constant barrage of branding. This is SEC football. Their playing SEC defense. That SEC speed.  You're left feeling like you're watching a fucking infomercial. I don't care that we're going to that conference.  This shit is ruining college football.  Regionalizing the sport further and further.  

I said it in the other thread but the two linebackers for Piggie on the play in the video where we were running into each other were 2 star 6'1 225lb Hayden Henry#27, and 3 star 5'11 235lb Grant Morgan. Those dudes looked like they should be at a frat party, not on a football field. Luke Brockermeyer, while a walk on here, had three offers including Oregon State, and clearly has athletic ability based on the fact everyone played cfb and his brothers play for Bama.  Henry had only small school offers while Morgan had none. So even our walk on LB was more highly recruited than theirs. We lost the game for a lot of reasons, but talent wasn't one of them.

Edited by Thatguy
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Baconboy said:

And for all the comparisons to Saban, I'd be curious to see his press conference responses and demeanor when Alabama lost to Louisiana Monroe at home in his first year at Alabama. It's a lot easier (and more effective) to rip your players after winning by a large margin against a patsy; a different response is required when your players just got publicly humiliated (and they know it). 

• Hook 'Em 3

The biggest ass chewing I/we ever got in High School baseball was after we won 12-4 in a tournament. We took 3rd place. We eventually went on to lose in the state championship. Coach broke the trophy on the bus as we were about to leave. We went on to suck ass in district play, took second, made the playoffs the began to pound good pitching that we saw in the playoffs. We couldn't hit bad pitching for some reason.

3 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

Thanks for the find.  I stand corrected.  Hopefully there will be visible growth moving forward.

Yes, psychology. I do the same thing in my line of work. When thinks are going well, you identify issues and tell them there is still work to be done, improvements to be made. Never get complacent and tell them how perfect they are. Good job but we still have work to do. When things go bad, you identify the problems and try to improve. It is always about continuous improvement, we can always be better.

Yeah I'm fine with being pissed and looking for what to blame and even arguing about if that's right or not, but all this whining about "the last 12 years of this shit" and "it's a culture problem" and "everyone is fucking soft" is dogshit. If you think that then fuck off stop being a longhorns fan, it's really not that hard. 

I maintain I didn’t necessarily see an effort problem. The defense was flying around laying wood early. I think they got tired and discouraged. And I do think that even though they brought decent effort, Arkansas found another gear on that front. The offense looked more lost than soft. That just goes back to hesitancy from Card and blown assignments in the OL.

9 hours ago, Baconboy said:

Exactly. And for all the comparisons to Saban, I'd be curious to see his press conference responses and demeanor when Alabama lost to Louisiana Monroe at home in his first year at Alabama. It's a lot easier (and more effective) to rip your players after winning by a large margin against a patsy; a different response is required when your players just got publicly humiliated (and they know it). 

It does not matter how he reacted at that loss. Why? Saban had already won a title with LSU. Nick Saban was already an NFL head coach. Kids know Nick gets people to the league and was a HC in the league. They are gonna listen. Not everyone will get that much rope. Did it work for Tom?

16 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Don’t worry it won’t ever be public at Texas. From Mack to sark it’s never been that way. And maybe that’s a issue. Your fan base would fucking love you if you showed some emotion that this isn’t happening again, and by not happening again I’m not talking about losing a game but playing like passionless pussies and with no fight or no energy isn’t happening again at Texas.

You are aware that Tom Herman was our coach for 4 years?  He was all about the tough guy persona and chewing asses out.  Obviously that did not work out either. 

42 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

It does not matter how he reacted at that loss. Why? Saban had already won a title with LSU. Nick Saban was already an NFL head coach. Kids know Nick gets people to the league and was a HC in the league. They are gonna listen. Not everyone will get that much rope. Did it work for Tom?

I wasn't saying it doesn't matter how he reacted to the loss; I was saying people shouldn't rush to judgement based upon the press conference (especially since he acknowledged mistakes and didn't come across as defensive a la Mack). What matters is how he addresses the team and the mistakes behind closed doors. 

Edited by Baconboy
  • Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

Thanks for the find.  I stand corrected.  Hopefully there will be visible growth moving forward.

Hope my linking that didn't come off as me trying to "correct" you. I was genuinely curious after you raised the question. And honestly, that is a pretty subdued press conference for Saban considering...

On another note, everyone needs to realize that Saban is a one-off. Hiring his assistants or following his process is not a sure path to Alabama 2.0. What he does is what he does. Tom Brady might eat only avocado toast for breakfast every morning, but force-feeding avocado toast to Dak will lead to him still being mediocre--but now with more fiber. And Brady could feast on Jade's chili nightly and I suspect he would still have been pretty damn good. 

Anyway, time will tell on Sark. I wouldn't write him off yet. But I wouldn't been clearing my calendar for the MNC parade next January just yet either. 

27 minutes ago, Creasy Bear said:

You are aware that Tom Herman was our coach for 4 years?  He was all about the tough guy persona and chewing asses out.  Obviously that did not work out either. 

It seemed to work in terms of getting our guys to play hard and not be complete pussies. The problem was Orlando's scheme and Tom's turtling.

I wasn't saying it doesn't matter how he reacted to the loss; I was saying people shouldn't rush to judgement based upon the press conference (especially since he acknowledged mistakes and didn't come across as defensive a la Mack). What matters is how he addresses the team and the mistakes behind closed doors. 
Misinterpreted your post. My bad my bro.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk