9.13.21 Coach Sark press conference 11am

bigup2dahorns

34 minutes ago, Atticus said:

There's nothing he can say that has any meaning today. But, his body language will speak volumes. 

Don't listen to this asshole.

Sark not wasting any time to give Casey a chance against a weaker opponent to show out and build confidence.

Casey is the leader this team so sorely needs right now.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Don't listen to this asshole.
Sark not wasting any time to give Casey a chance against a weaker opponent to show out and build confidence.
Casey is the leader this team so sorely needs right now.

Who the fuck is going to block for him? Have we sent out a letter to the academic department to be on the look out for big dudes with attitudes? Because Card, Casey or Dan Marino ain’t gonna do shit with that nO-line.
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Glad to see our coach isnt stubborn about this.  Casey getting the nod this week is the right call.  Im fucking pumped to see what he can do.  I really hope he cements himself as the guy for the next 2 years.  Hudson will be great in time as well, but we dont need to sacrifice his confidence by throwing him out there when he clearly isnt ready.

Lets fuckin go Casey.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

He’s probably right in terms of getting them to some level of level of adequacy. You don’t see the play we saw Saturday night without unit-wide mental errors. It is possible the line greatly improves from here on out and still is a mediocre, game-to-game bunch. In fact I kinda of expect that. 

My problem is Flood is stubbornly sticking with his Jones at LT experiment when Karic has already proven he can play the position.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

He was willing to make the call at the far more publicized position, so the bad news here is that the obvious interpretation is that the other options at OL are just as bad or worse right now.

Or that the depth he inherited is woeful and that we really are going with the best available players. The replacements would be worse.

Gulp.

29 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Casey will start, Card will play

Encouraged that Casey gets the start, still wondering what the fuck Sark was thinking rolling Card back out for the entire 3rd qtr. Whatever

I hate 2 QB systems. The sooner he settles on one guy the better. If the backup is so butthurt he leaves for another school, so be it. if we're up big on Rice, than bring Card in just like you would a 2nd stringer in mop up duty to finish the game. But if we start the game giving Card every 3rd or 4th series or some bullshit, I'll be dissapoint.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Blotto said:

Encouraged that Casey gets the start, still wondering what the fuck Sark was thinking rolling Card back out for the entire 3rd qtr. Whatever

I hate 2 QB systems. The sooner he settles on one guy the better. If the backup is so butthurt he leaves for another school, so be it. if we're up big on Rice, than bring Card in just like you would a 2nd stringer in mop up duty to finish the game. But if we start the game giving Card every 3rd or 4th series or some bullshit, I'll be dissapoint.  

The 2 QB system is probably what enabled him to recover from his initial evaluation error.

• Hook 'Em 1

Card was overwhelmed playing his first road game against a crazy opponent. Understandable, but not forgivable. Casey gets his shot.

The OL is the deep voodoo. Your best five OL players don't necessarily make up your best OL. They have to play as a unit. You can't harden that unit (!) in practice when the defense is a known quantity and has an interest in not killing your ball carriers. You only know what you have when you expose them to a hostile defense. If Flood says the team keeps going with the guys currently playing, I can only trust he knows what he's talking about.

Hopefully, we won't learn anything new about the team playing Rice. I hope the tape shows that the team learned something after the Arky loss.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Casey will start, Card will play

I'm glad he swallowed his pride and made the right move, because I was convinced he'd stick with Card.  Rice is the last game for a long time, where there's freedom to experiment with QBs and still win should shit go sideways, so it makes sense to switch now.  Not to mention that virtually every drive Casey has been in on has resulted in a score, so he deserves it.

• Hook 'Em 1