Baylor @ OSU - 6pm CDT ESPN2

El Diablo

#21 @ #19, both teams with 4-0 records. The teams seem somewhat similar with pretty good defenses and inconsistent but improving offenses. Cowboys are favored by 4 for betting purposes and the O/U is ~50.

Baylor will need to eliminate the parade of penalties they displayed vs ISU last week (9 for 100 yds) and finish drives with TD's if they hope to win at Boone Pickens stadium where the 'Pokes fans provide a raucous and intimidating atmosphere.

The Utah State transfer RB Jaylen Warren may be a game changer for OSU with their limited depth at that position, he's shown promise when called on this year.  The Cowboys have yet to field a receiving corps at full strength but experience and increased playing time for those who have seen the field should help in that area. 

My homer prediction - Baylor shows some new offensive wrinkles early, gets a double digit lead and holds on for the road win as a last second OSU FG to tie goes astray. 31-28 BU. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

Is anyone an offensive threat this season after OU? Maybe K-State? Seems like a meh offensive league this year. 

No. The Atlantic noted the Big 12’s defense are way better than the offenses, except maybe us. It’s an odd year for the Big 12

26 minutes ago, Js1 said:

No. The Atlantic noted the Big 12’s defense are way better than the offenses, except maybe us. It’s an odd year for the Big 12

Then we should be in the Big 12 championship game if Bijan can keep rolling and Casey get better. 

Sorry Bears…

I didn’t get to watch the game, was at ACL and didn’t get a chance to head over to the beer tent…wasn’t sure the game was on there.  But to the two Baylor guys who were talking shit and being all smug about this game in line on Friday, I hope it was on the TV in the beer tent and you watched the whole thing.  

I know all fan bases have dbag contingents, and my sample size is small…but having tasted some success I sure seem to meet a lot of arrogant, shit talking Baylor fans who seem to have forgotten all about Queso, Patrick Dennehy and Art Briles. 

Texas is going to smash us.  Y’all have an offense with a pulse that knows that you can score after halftime.  But I enjoyed beating Baylor today even if it was just occasional game cast updates when I had a signal at Zilker.