Customer service stories

So this morning my cable and internet services are down (Comcast/Xfinity/the devil), so I go to work and report this and I'm on a chat with Raja from customer service. I'm told they have run diagnostics and checked their service log and there are no service interruptions in my area.
My reply is that this is why I am reporting that I have no service, now there is a report. And I inform them the my neighbors (at least the 3 that I saw this morning) also have no service, including the neighbor 4 houses down the block who had a tree struck by lightning last night - which I tell customer service that I'm told that can cause some issues, or so I've been told.
The want me to turn my router and cable boxes off/on to restart them, which I did this morning and nothing was rebooted and that now that I'm at work I can't really do that.
Seems like it might take awhile to get a real person out to look at the problem.

tl:dr - customer service, with people reading from a script, from half-way around the globe sucks.

(sorry if this should be in lulz - or already is in there - but that board is blocked by the work firewall)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

So this morning my cable and internet services are down (Comcast/Xfinity/the devil), so I go to work and report this and I'm on a chat with Raja from customer service. I'm told they have run diagnostics and checked their service log and there are no service interruptions in my area.
My reply is that this is why I am reporting that I have no service, now there is a report. And I inform them the my neighbors (at least the 3 that I saw this morning) also have no service, including the neighbor 4 houses down the block who had a tree struck by lightning last night - which I tell customer service that I'm told that can cause some issues, or so I've been told.
The want me to turn my router and cable boxes off/on to restart them, which I did this morning and nothing was rebooted and that now that I'm at work I can't really do that.
Seems like it might take awhile to get a real person out to look at the problem.

tl:dr - customer service, with people reading from a script, from half-way around the globe sucks.

(sorry if this should be in lulz - or already is in there - but that board is blocked by the work firewall)

Yes, Mr. Wally.  OK, sir, Mr. Wally.  OK, Mr. Wally.  Now, Mr. Wally, can you unplug your box, Mr. Wally?  Thank you, Mr. Wally.  Now, Mr. Wally, can I get the last 4 of your social, Mr. Wally?  Mr. Wally, now I need you to wait 10 seconds Mr. Wally and then plug you box back in, Mr. Wally.  Mr. Wally do you have a signal yet, Mr. Wally?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jersey Man10 said:
42 minutes ago, irockalltherocks said:
This is solid advice. Also, be sure to wait the required 10 seconds before plugging back in.

Thought it was 30 seconds.

10, 30....whatever it takes. 

And AT&T has the worst customer service. I was on the other day and had the same conversation with 3 different people. 

It can’t be worse than suddenlink. Last fall my cable kept freezing. I did the normal reboot for s few days and that didn’t fix it. It was happening at the in-laws a couple blocks over as well. I call and the automated service said there is a known problem with your internet, is that why you’re calling? “No”. Ok then. Why are you calling? Cable. “Ok. Due to high call volume would you like to remain on the line or have someone call you back? To remain on the line press 1. To leave a number and have someone call you back press 2.” Hit 1 “goodbye”

Called back. Same deal. Hit 2. “Goodbye”

I was so pissed I must have done that 5 times thinking something would be different.

Finally I went to the website and fired off a pissed off email. Got some bullshit reply 2 days later to call a number. I called and some girl answered. I explained the situation and the email. She had no clue what I was talking about. Looked at my account. Nothing. I told her “fine, I’ll just continue to be a very unhappy customer”
her response “ok! Bye!”

26 minutes ago, kmac30 said:

It can’t be worse than suddenlink. Last fall my cable kept freezing. I did the normal reboot for s few days and that didn’t fix it. It was happening at the in-laws a couple blocks over as well. I call and the automated service said there is a known problem with your internet, is that why you’re calling? “No”. Ok then. Why are you calling? Cable. “Ok. Due to high call volume would you like to remain on the line or have someone call you back? To remain on the line press 1. To leave a number and have someone call you back press 2.” Hit 1 “goodbye”

Called back. Same deal. Hit 2. “Goodbye”

I was so pissed I must have done that 5 times thinking something would be different.

Finally I went to the website and fired off a pissed off email. Got some bullshit reply 2 days later to call a number. I called and some girl answered. I explained the situation and the email. She had no clue what I was talking about. Looked at my account. Nothing. I told her “fine, I’ll just continue to be a very unhappy customer”
her response “ok! Bye!”

Image result for blazing saddles what did you expect

Update - day 2 of internet/cable outage. So I call back today and Steve (yup, sounded like he was from 'Merica) says I can't schedule a service call to my house because there is an outage that has been reported in my area. I ask him if this is the outage that I reported yesterday, and he says he can't  be sure of that but once there are enough reports of an outage that the system determines that it is an area issue and not a customer issue. He did say I should call back after the service is restored to request an outage credit, which I appreciate but also it kind of pisses me off that those credits are not automatic.

skip this if tl:dr - the Paul Harvey rest of the story is that the neighbor who had their house hit by the lighting had to have the gas company come out because the strike caused a split in the gas line coming into his house. So they tore up his yard to get that replaced, and he said that he lost 2 TV's, microwave, refrigerator/freezer, and the washer (or maybe he said dishwasher). Anyway he figures it is about $1,500, and to make matters worse he got an estimate of $1,200 to take down the tree that was hit. The tree is very close to the house, but damn that sounds like a lot of money to take down a tree.

I got an e-mail with a $10 off coupon for Uber Eats on a football Sunday. Hey, that sounds like a plan. And of course when I put the code in it is rejected, but by that time it’s really too late to not get exactly what we were in the middle of ordering. I e-mail support to try and get my $10 because I’m fucking annoyed. They tell me the coupon was only good for customers in Asia, which is obviously ducking stupid. I explain that I am not nor have ever been in Asia. They say the code got used up before I used it, but there was nothing in the offer about it being in any way limited except for it expiring on the end of that day. Then they say that they’re sorry for the inconvenience and will follow up with the appropriate team to ensure it never happens again, but obviously I’m just getting e-mails from different customer support people in India who are closing tickets. Especially obvious since each time they respond back saying that they’ll look into the issue, I get an e-mail saying my ticket has been closed. So I spent a week immediately responding to every “we’ll look into it” with “thank you for the support please let me know when the issue has been resolved.” (thus reopening the ticket) until finally it got escalated to Pulkit who refunded my fucking $10.

I used to write my own paychecks. Overly zealous bank teller thought it was suspicious for some reason that the signature on the front side of the check matched the signature on the back side of the check.  Teller goes to the back and calls the business phone number on the check and asks to speak to the manager but I'm not there because I'm at the bank, but the employee gives them my cell number.  So I'm in the lobby of the bank while the teller calls my cell phone from the back to ask me if the check was legit.   Fucking retard.   

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

I used to write my own paychecks. Overly zealous bank teller thought it was suspicious for some reason that the signature on the front side of the check matched the signature on the back side of the check.  Teller goes to the back and calls the business phone number on the check and asks to speak to the manager but I'm not there because I'm at the bank, but the employee gives them my cell number.  So I'm in the lobby of the bank while the teller calls my cell phone from the back to ask me if the check was legit.   Fucking retard.   

Haha.  I thought I was the only one. 

Guess what?

Still no cable or internet service at home. 8-9 calls/chats with customer service between yesterday and today , and there was no outage in my area, they were working on an outage in my area, the outage was fixed, they were working again, it was fixed, they were working on it again again. And the best part is that when they are working on an area outage their system will not allow them to schedule a service call to my address. So when it all settled out and there was no longer an outage in my area, yet I had no service then they can schedule the tech rep to come out .... but no appointments available until noon-2 on Friday.

Thank you for calling Mr. Wally, than you for being a customer Mr. Wally, we appreciate your business Mr. Wally, I'm sorry Mr. Wally but there is no outage reported/we are working on an outage, is there anything else we can do to help you Mr. Wally, I know this is an inconvenience Mr. Wally, may I have a reliable number to reach you Mr. Wally, and my favorite

I do understand that is the maximum time please be assured that will get fixed before given time as our tech already working to get this fixed Mr. Wally

tl:dr - fuck Comcast/Xfinity

• Like 1

Just be glad you don't have Centurylink. Pretty sure 100% of their CS agents are in the Philippines. But before you get them you have to go through the automated system. One of the steps is enter your phone number, then it runs a line test before transferring you to a CS agent. First thing CS asks for is your phone number. WTF did I just spend 2 minutes doing before I was able to speak to a human? Is it just some sort of test to see if you will put up with their bullshit? You're a gotdam digital comunication provider. How about using some of that shit yourself?

Edited by RPM

Mr. Wally update,
The Cable Guy shows up, in the first 30 minutes of the 2 hour appointment window. He gets all his gear on, and as he starts to come into the house and is putting on his shoe covers I tell him the story about a lightning strike. That, which seems to be important information to me, is not part of his service report. So he stops in the front entry and says he will start outside and check the signal coming into the house and into the box.
Surprise, the problem is that there is no signal coming into the box. And he doesn't carry the parts required to fixed the distribution box up the line, so he has to call a different guy to fix that. The other guy shows up within 20 minutes, Mr. Wally is no longer required to be at home because the problem is not inside the residence.
Mr. Wally decides to fix lunch - left over Mothers Day brisket taco's (sorry no photos), and about 10 minutes before the end of the appointment window all service has been restored.

tl:dr - Mr Wally chingaled, but has home cable & internet, and has decided to cut the cable update to an unlimited data plan and get his internet and TV from someone else. Fuck Comcast

When I moved into my house, one of the first things I did was set up my PC, xbox, etc to the internet. I had already called Cox and had it set up. So imagine my surpise 3 days later when my internet was out. I called them and they said it was disconnected THAT VERY DAY. Some douche had just come out and turned it off. I asked why they did that, if I had just had it set up a few days ago? Turns out, the previous homeowner called in to disconnect his service, so the dumbass cable guy came by a few days later to do it, but he didn't bother to check if a new service order had been filed.

I told them to turn it back on , they said it would take 3 business days. I asked why it took 30 secs to disconnect it and 3 days to turn it back on, even though I'm already being billed for this shit, they had no answer. I wish I had a decent alternative but I'm sure they all suck balls.

• Like 1