Dallas Cops AND PARAMEDIC Let Loose on Homeless Dude

Harrison Bergeron

Now the paramedics are joining the party? WTF?

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/courts/2021/10/06/a-dallas-paramedic-had-a-history-of-disciplinary-problems-then-he-kicked-a-homeless-man-in-the-face/

The videos show a stocky Dallas paramedic, hands on his hips, standing over a homeless man who is lying in the street.

The paramedic, Brad Cox, shakes his head and says something to the man.

As he tries to sit up and turn around, the paramedic kicks him in the face. This time, Cox’s commands can be heard clearly.

“Get up again,” he yells. “Get up again.”

The  man staggers to his feet and limps toward the paramedic. Cox takes a fighter’s stance and throws a punch, striking the man in the head before he again falls to the ground.

The August 2019 confrontation was captured on the body cameras of a Dallas police officer and a Dallas County sheriff’s deputy who were watching from a few feet away.

Cox is also a 45-year-old mixed-martial arts fighter. At the time of the incident, he was on probation for tampering with government documents related to his treatment of another homeless man who later died after Cox and another paramedic denied him medical care. And according to at least one police sergeant, Cox had a reputation for acting aggressively toward people on calls.

The man Cox kicked and punched on the video that day was Kyle Vess, a mentally disabled 32-year-old with a traumatic brain injury who had been living out of a motel. Police said he had been setting grass fires on the Interstate 30 frontage road in West Dallas.

• Rage+1 1

I'm tempted to give Fire and EMS a bit of a pass compared to PD.

In other words, this is a single asshole not necessarily spawned from a bunch of assholes whose culture is very efficient at breeding more assholes and providing them optimum environmental conditions in which to become even bigger assholes.

There are probably quite a few similarities in the pools from which FD (to include EMS)  and PD draw, and types attracted to it.  But I don't think the culture is nearly as toxic.

I could be wrong because firefighters and EMTs are less often in a position to be assholes than cops.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I'm tempted to give Fire and EMS a bit of a pass compared to PD.
In other words, this is a single asshole not necessarily spawned from a bunch of assholes whose culture is very efficient at breeding more assholes and providing them optimum environmental conditions in which to become even bigger assholes.
There are probably quite a few similarities in the pools from which FD (to include EMS)  and PD draw, and types attracted to it.  But I don't think the culture is nearly as toxic.
I could be wrong because firefighters and EMTs are less often in a position to be assholes than cops.
If we just judged each person on their own level of asshole, instead of race, occupation or political party, what a wonderful world this would be.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Police Detective Lee Allen, who found Cox did not commit a crime, said he stands by his findings. But he referred the incident to Dallas Fire-Rescue’s internal affairs division. Cox’s personnel record shows he faced no consequences for the kick and punch.

Well what do you know, they investigated themselves and found no wrong doing. Isn't that amazing?