[Game Thread] Texas vs. ou - 11am on ABC

Pancho

2 hours ago, Bobby Layne said:

So. The common denominator would be existing ut football players from last three years. I don’t think pk missed all hose tackle himself. 

we only missed 12 tackles all game long.  The frustrating thing with PK is he didn't adjust to 13 personnel.  When they went unbalanced, we didn't adjust and were outnumbered. On the walk off run, he would have score had we been playing touch.

Just now, alphahorn said:

Heard an incredible stat from the game. They had over 330 yards on 7 plays. They almost averaged 50 yards/play on those 7 plays and 4.4 yards/play for the rest of their plays.

Something, something.  Explosive plays.  Something, Something.  mack Brown.  Something, something.  I got shitfaced in the second half.

Just now, alphahorn said:

Heard an incredible stat from the game. They had over 330 yards on 7 plays. They almost averaged 50 yards/play on those 7 plays and 4.4 yards/play for the rest of their plays.

Yeah, our issues on defense seems to be consistency. We do the right thing 80% of the time. But when we mess up, we mess up badly. Caleb was basically punting the ball on some of his throws and yet they still got completed.  

2 hours ago, Bobby Layne said:

So. The common denominator would be existing ut football players from last three years. I don’t think pk missed all hose tackle himself. 

I don't disagree, that we need a serious talent upgrade on D and the Oline.  I hope my initial reaction post game was an emotional knee jerk. I hope he gets it together. BUT, what we don't know is how much of a symbiotic relationship PK and Jimmy Lake had.  Neither seems to be thriving this year without the other, but it's only the first 6 games.

I have gone back and watched a replay of the highlights.  I don't like to blame officiating and rule-breaking for losses.  But I honestly do not believe that OU would have won the game Saturday but for their O-line holding on every play.  It affected the game and was never called.  Maybe our defense doesn't suck as bad as we think.  Go back and watch for yourself.  It's almost as if they were coached to do it.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Ojo Rojo said:

I have gone back and watched a replay of the highlights.  I don't like to blame officiating and rule-breaking for losses.  But I honestly do not believe that OU would have won the game Saturday but for their O-line holding on every play.  It affected the game and was never called.  Maybe our defense doesn't suck as bad as we think.  Go back and watch for yourself.  It's almost as if they were coached to do it.

narrator: They are

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

dumb and dumber GIF

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

They are.  They have been since Stoops' first year, and then Mike Leach took the cheating with him to Tech.

But at this point, it's our own fault for not following suit.  If they're not going to call it, we should be doing it just as bad on every play.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, utee94 said:

They are.  They have been since Stoops' first year, and then Mike Leach took the cheating with him to Tech.

But at this point, it's our own fault for not following suit.  If they're not going to call it, we should be doing it just as bad on every play.  

and you have to be in the officials ears about them doing it from the jump.  you have to make sure it is called the same way.  just doing it ourselves doesn't mean anything if we get called and they don't.

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

and you have to be in the officials ears about them doing it from the jump.  you have to make sure it is called the same way.  just doing it ourselves doesn't mean anything if we get called and they don't.

It's been pointed out to the officials by every coach and every team in the B12 for over twenty years.  No amount of "being in the official's ear" is going to change it.  The conference is deliberately letting it occur.  We have no one to blame but ourselves for failing to exploit that.