[Game Thread] Texas vs. ou - 11am on ABC

Pancho

1 minute ago, 4Pete said:

After all these years, you’d think I’d be used to losing to them, regardless of the ways they find to choke it away.

Remember, this almost happened in 2018. But Sam and Dicker saved us down the stretch. Today's loss was way more gut wrenching than any of those Black Saturday butt fuckings. these losses just rip your soul out. Up 28-7, there is absolutely no way in fuck you find a way to lose that game. OU had nothing going on. their only score in the 1st came because the refs deliberately chose to ignore the WR run out of bounds and come back in. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bar said:

The defense and special teams got us a big lead. Offense pissed it away with 3 and outs and y’all still wanna shit on the defense. 

This.  I don't think even Saban could win this game with the wet paper bags we have on the OL.  Yes, the defense was bad in places and deserves a share of the blame.  But the offense has to be able to sustain drives and not go three-and-out drive after drive.  And the reason that happened was because the OL was getting whipped by the OU defensive front on every play.

I think Sark and Flood are going to have to do a wholesale rebuild of the OL going forward.  I'm not sure these guys are good enough to fill out a Division II roster right now.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

19 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

was at the game so it was hard to tell.  where did the refs obviously fuck us?  that first play OU made looked like the guys stepped out of bounds.

I really thought with sark we might start get holding called on OU or at least coach our guys to hold but I guess not based on the comments.  Why don't we teach our line to hold also?

Definitely fucked us on that no call fumble for Caleb Williams 

8 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Imagine you read this. 
20-34. 388 yards 5 TDs

20 carries 137 yards 1 td 

and your freshman wr he 9 catches for 260 yards ans 2 tds 

and you lost 

Now add to that and quit being disingenuous. About 5 of those 14 incompletions were drive killers or would be touchdowns. That same freshman who was a hero took a kick out of his end zone and basically handed the ball to the other team while being tackled. The same guys who put us in position to win were also actively fucking us down the stretch. It’s what teams do that have no depth and rely on first year starters to win games. 

6 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Remember, this almost happened in 2018. But Sam and Dicker saved us down the stretch. Today's loss was way more gut wrenching than any of those Black Saturday butt fuckings. these losses just rip your soul out. Up 28-7, there is absolutely no way in fuck you find a way to lose that game. OU had nothing going on. their only score in the 1st came because the refs deliberately chose to ignore the WR run out of bounds and come back in. 

their coach was willing to pull his pre season heisman contender QB.  

Its gonna be interesting when OU starts getting called for holding like crazy against LSU, Auburn, Bama, Georgia, Florida when the SEC refs "go what the fuck Tackle you can't just grab a guy around the neck."

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

their coach was willing to pull his pre season heisman contender QB.  

Its gonna be interesting when OU starts getting called for holding like crazy against LSU, Auburn, Bama, Georgia, Florida when the SEC refs "go what the fuck Tackle you can't just grab a guy around the neck."

Yeah, but we’ve complained about that for the whole time we’ve been in this conference. If those are the rules in the Big 12 then why aren’t we playing that way?  It’s only year 26 or whatever.  

• Hook 'Em 3

Damn I’m bummed. I have to say, at the end of the day (may not be a popular opinion) but Blow U just wants this more to an extreme level. They will do whatever it takes to win this. Sure we want to win. Sure we are upset we lost. No question but OU wants this more. If it means benching their QB they will do it. If it means doing whatever it takes they will do it. We will never get much help at all from the refs. Never. They just want it more. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

4 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Yeah, but we’ve complained about that for the whole time we’ve been in this conference. If those are the rules in the Big 12 then why aren’t we playing that way?  It’s only year 26 or whatever.  

I know.  I complain that we don't fucking teach it as well.  I though Sark/Flood might be smarter but apparently not.  and if you aren't in the refs ear like a mad man about it on the sideline you aren't doing it right. holding is like hand check in basketball.  you have got to be in the refs ear about it because it happens on every play.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Good news is Sark is recruiting well on the O line - we have two white dudes from the suburbs ready to come in and dominate 

Saw Kasey on Orangebloods podcast the other day, I'd feel good if they had the mentality of Kasey. We need dogs on the OL, badly. 

36 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Fucking embarrassing.

Defense is a shit show of epic proportions.

Second half play calling is a close second. 10 fucking points.

to be fair, they played Rattler.  but yeah PK completely shit the bed and anyone saying otherwise didn't watch the game.

• Hook 'Em 1

You knew as soon as OU so much as got within 11 that the game was over. That’s the worst part. This is a mediocre team and a mediocre program whose only modern notional relevance is attributable to back to back generational talents at QB. Done for the year, though I’ll probably turn the TV on if they back into the CCG. And then I’ll hate myself and my alma mater all over again.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

39 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

was at the game so it was hard to tell.  where did the refs obviously fuck us?  that first play OU made looked like the guys stepped out of bounds.

I really thought with sark we might start get holding called on OU or at least coach our guys to hold but I guess not based on the comments.  Why don't we teach our line to hold also?

Yeah.  People are bitching for nothing.  The guy did step out of bounds.  But other than that the calls were right.  They were just inches and milliseconds and they all went their way.

This.  I don't think even Saban could win this game with the wet paper bags we have on the OL.  Yes, the defense was bad in places and deserves a share of the blame.  But the offense has to be able to sustain drives and not go three-and-out drive after drive.  And the reason that happened was because the OL was getting whipped by the OU defensive front on every play.
I think Sark and Flood are going to have to do a wholesale rebuild of the OL going forward.  I'm not sure these guys are good enough to fill out a Division II roster right now.
How did Arky beat the piss out of us? They dominated both OL and DL. Not sure what adjustments OU did during halftime but it certainly was something or our line just didn't have the endurance.
I had to listen to the game as I was working on my hunting land so will have to watch the recording. However, even on the radio I was yelling that the 3 and Out was killing us.
Did the play calling become too predictable? I think it did. Bijon should not get stuffed at the line like he did in the second half. Did we have any pass plays on first downs? Seemed it was too many run plays on 1st down, then 2nd and 3rd and longs not being converted.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, gmr548 said:

You knew as soon as OU so much as got within 11 that the game was over. That’s the worst part. This is a mediocre team and a mediocre program whose only modern notional relevance is attributable to back to back generational talents at QB. Done for the year, though I’ll probably turn the TV on if they back into the CCG. And then I’ll hate myself and my alma mater all over again.

I knew it was over after the QB went 66 yards on 4th and one for a TD.  I realize it was early but when you've seen this movie so many times before its easy to spot the turning point.

to be fair, without the KO fumble we might have sent the game to OT but I'm sure we would have lost it there anyway.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, bullet said:

Yeah.  People are bitching for nothing.  The guy did step out of bounds.  But other than that the calls were right.  They were just inches and milliseconds and they all went their way.

that was a huge play. we probably go up 28-0.

30 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Imagine you read this. 
20-34. 388 yards 5 TDs

20 carries 137 yards 1 td 

and your freshman wr he 9 catches for 260 yards ans 2 tds 

and you lost 

all that with what may be the worst oline in college football and dumbfucks bitching about play calling

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

It will be funny watching Rattler sit the bench the rest of the year.

The jury still has to be out on Williams though. He caught lightning in a bottle today, but I'm not convinced he'll be able to sustain that level of play once teams adjust. We honestly got beat on 2 plays, the direct snap counter and Williams throwing the ball up to Mims. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

The jury still has to be out on Williams though. He caught lightning in a bottle today, but I'm not convinced he'll be able to sustain that level of play once teams adjust. We honestly got beat on 2 plays, the direct snap counter and Williams throwing the ball up to Mims. 

Underestimate Riley and QB development at your own peril 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, torre said:

Let's talk S&C.    

Problem or nah ?    DLine, DB's seem to get pushed around.  OLine mostly talent but seems they could be stronger.  

27 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Damn I’m bummed. I have to say, at the end of the day (may not be a popular opinion) but Blow U just wants this more to an extreme level. They will do whatever it takes to win this. Sure we want to win. Sure we are upset we lost. No question but OU wants this more. If it means benching their QB they will do it. If it means doing whatever it takes they will do it. We will never get much help at all from the refs. Never. They just want it more. 

Same as it ever was. 

• Hook 'Em 1