[Game Thread] Texas vs. ou - 11am on ABC

Pancho

6 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

The jury still has to be out on Williams though. He caught lightning in a bottle today, but I'm not convinced he'll be able to sustain that level of play once teams adjust. We honestly got beat on 2 plays, the direct snap counter and Williams throwing the ball up to Mims. 

there isn't anybody in the big 12 that is going to beat Oklahoma after this. Williams can sleepwalk to the CCG game.  maybe we can get another shot.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

there isn't anybody in the big 12 that is going to beat Oklahoma after this. Williams can sleepwalk to the CCG game.  maybe we can get another shot.

Maybe but I don't think Williams should be anointed so soon either. We've seen this before ourselves with Heard. Hopefully we get another shot at him in the CCG. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Game plan 2nd half. Bijan gets ball every play we score 6-10 points and grind a shit load of clock. It was truly that simple. Instead we get I dunno what. It was a mess. Where was the short pass game? Quick hits? 

So Thompson went with his first option every pass play or maybe his first option "quick hits" were covered on some plays.

18 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

The jury still has to be out on Williams though. He caught lightning in a bottle today, but I'm not convinced he'll be able to sustain that level of play once teams adjust. We honestly got beat on 2 plays, the direct snap counter and Williams throwing the ball up to Mims. 

He is talented and has a really good arm but he had the 60 yard td that should have been a run for one yard and threw a couple long passes up for grabs that his receivers made plays on, he did hand off on those counters like a hall of famer though.

I’m looking at more positive now than it was a couple hours ago although it’s still a shit sandwich.    I think we can still finish 10-2 and play these MF’ers again at Jerryworld.   With the exception of Kansas, every game on our schedule will still be tight.   No doubt we got fucked a few times by the Refs and even when the Sooner sunshine pumpers on ESPN/ABC noted it. I think the damage is minimal in this game.   On a Hurricane scale, it’s like being hit by a weak Cat 1, maybe barley a storm.   I wish a coach or AD would ball up and  call out the Rig 12 and their inherent biases towards OU and their just shit efforts overall.    If they fine them, I’ll contribute to a go fund me to help pay the damn fine.   

Questions on my mind 

1). What happened to Rojo and and K Robinson? I think having them involved would have made OU adjust for a different style.    

2).  Do we have anyone we are redshirting who could help on the Oline or D line?   

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

I’m looking at more positive now than it was a couple hours ago although it’s still a shit sandwich.    I think we can still finish 10-2 and play these MF’ers again at Jerryworld.   With the exception of Kansas, every game on our schedule will still be tight.   No doubt we got fucked a few times by the Refs and even when the Sooner sunshine pumpers on ESPN/ABC noted it. I think the damage is minimal in this game.   On a Hurricane scale, it’s like being hit by a weak Cat 1, maybe barley a storm.   I wish a coach or AD would ball up and  call out the Rig 12 and their inherent biases towards OU and their just shit efforts overall.    If they fine them, I’ll contribute to a go fund me to help pay the damn fine.   

Questions on my mind 

1). What happened to Rojo and and K Robinson? I think having them involved would have made OU adjust for a different style.    

2).  Do we have anyone we are redshirting who could help on the Oline or D line?   

Its gonna be really hard to find a freshman who can help.  the difference being in a D1 S&C program for a couple of years is night and day.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I hope the 90 recruits had fun. 

Fuck. 

Recruits have a totally different experience than fans do. Sure you want to join a winning program, but short of a blow out a tight loss isn't the deft nail, Recruits are looking at culture, comaraderie, and most importantly opportunity.  These guys don't get to see the winning locker room.  They only see how Sark and the players handle it.  Provided we don't shit the bed the rest of the way, then we'll have a better class than ou when all is said and done.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, alphahorn said:

Recruits have a totally different experience than fans do. Sure you want to join a winning program, but short of a blow out a tight loss isn't the deft nail, Recruits are looking at culture, comaraderie, and most importantly opportunity.  These guys don't get to see the winning locker room.  They only see how Sark and the players handle it.  Provided we don't shit the bed the rest of the way, then we'll have a better class than ou when all is said and done.

Correct.   Nick Saban went to Bama which was a complete shit show and was able to recruit despite going 7-6 his first season.   Two years later he won his first BCS… 

• Hook 'Em 1

We fucked up by completely abandoning the lateral run/pass game in the 3rd and most of the 4Q. Those plays to Worthy, Moore, and (should have been) K Robinson would keep the defense honest and prevent them from crashing down every play against Bijan or to rush the passer. They worked great in the first half. No idea why we stopped.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Just now, Auto Driller said:

We fucked up by completely abandoning the lateral run/pass game in the 3rd and most of the 4Q. Those plays to Worthy, Moore, and (should have been) K Robinson would keep the defense honest and prevent them from crashing down every play against Bijan or to rush the passer. They worked great in the first half. No idea why we stopped.

I’m baffled as to why Sark insisted on spamming Bijan in the second half after OU keyed in on him. Where was the jet sweep to K. Rob? How about an end around? 

They rushed for 340 yards on us.....we have to fix that as it is going to continually get us beat.
Oh and yea our O=line sucks
Coaching needed go find some creative misdirection in the second half when they were dialed in on Bijan.  
They did a great job of decoying Bijan in the first half when they were dialed in on him.

In the second, we just had him run right at them too much, and they were still dialed in. Not sure why we stopped using him to draw their attention and open things up.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

was at the game so it was hard to tell.  where did the refs obviously fuck us?  that first play OU made looked like the guys stepped out of bounds.

I really thought with sark we might start get holding called on OU or at least coach our guys to hold but I guess not based on the comments.  Why don't we teach our line to hold also?

If the refs were this bad against ousux, I cringe to think of the calls to come against okie light.

10 minutes ago, ocugolf said:

The effort by 28 on the last play was inexcusable. Looked like he was jogging, took a bad angle, then reached out his arm to try and arm tackle after the bad angle. Frustrating.

It looked like piss poor effort by the entire defense on the last play.  I know they were tired, but good grief you got to nut up for that play no matter what.

59 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

its OU.  the OL will be able to hold enough to allow him plenty of time in the pocket.  they are the conf only chance for the playoff now.

2 hours ago, dcar00 said:

was at the game so it was hard to tell.  where did the refs obviously fuck us?  that first play OU made looked like the guys stepped out of bounds.

I really thought with sark we might start get holding called on OU or at least coach our guys to hold but I guess not based on the comments.  Why don't we teach our line to hold also?

Yes, the WR stepped out, and they still let him have the catch on review. And the ball coming out of Williams's hand should have at the very least been reviewed. The ABC ref expert had it as afumble, saying the QB's hand was on the way UP when the ball came out.

This is how refs fix games. Everything was one-way. Review might help us? No review. Review can hurt us? Always a review. Review should negate a catch where the ou WR stepped out? Review & still call it a catch. Holding called only once on ou all day. No call on obvious hold on GWTD. Hands to the face? Facemask? Never called, etc, etc, etc...

Big 12 making sure we get fucked on the way out the door. Fuck 'em. I still think we lose no more than 1 more game. Probably none, and we get a rematch with dirt burglar.

• Hook 'Em 1

If the refs were this bad against ousux, I cringe to think of the calls to come against okie light.

The reception where the OU receiver stepped out in the first half was a head scratcher to the point that I need someone to explain the rule to me because surely no crew would attempt such a brazen steal.

The third and 19 score probably should’ve gotten an instant replay review. Watching live it was hard to say but certainly worth looking at. That Sark didn’t throw the challenge flag tells me the upstairs staff said it was a waste of a time out though.

Beyond that I don’t really recall any horrid flags against Texas. A few missed hours on OU but if you’re still bitching about that like it’s not enshrined in the rule book at this point idk what to tell you.

At the end of the day Texas lost because they’re not that good. OU spotted them 14-0, 28-7, 41-23. Bitching about the refs is laughable.

3 hours ago, TOR said:

This was completely a coaching loss.  When you have a big lead, not matter how it happens, you SHUT THEM DOWN.

Far it from me to suggest we hired the wrong guy (again), but that Lincoln dude can coach.

Ehh I wouldn’t say wrong guy yet.  He’s much better than Herm.  

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

The reception where the OU receiver stepped out in the first half was a head scratcher to the point that I need someone to explain the rule to me because surely no crew would attempt such a brazen steal.

The third and 19 score probably should’ve gotten an instant replay review. Watching live it was hard to say but certainly worth looking at. That Sark didn’t throw the challenge flag tells me the upstairs staff said it was a waste of a time out though.

Beyond that I don’t really recall any horrid flags against Texas. A few missed hours on OU but if you’re still bitching about that like it’s not enshrined in the rule book at this point idk what to tell you.

At the end of the day Texas lost because they’re not that good. OU spotted them 14-0, 28-7, 41-23. Bitching about the refs is laughable.

Two holds on that last TD run, the illegal touch in the 1st quarter and the possible fumble on the throw is probably enough to change the outcome of this game. No doubt there was questionable coaching and we were outmanned. I'm biased of course, but can you think of one call that was missed against the good guys where ousux got screwed? That's an honest question because I don't know.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Gaffords said:

I'll forgive him.  I imagine his head is spinning. First time in this rivalry.  Game plan working light years better than he expected it to...  Gotta feel a little intoxicating and hard to keep every thought together in his head.  But halftime will give him a chance to absorb it all and get back to work...   ...and then it is going to get real for sooner.  Poor sooner trailer trash.

Lulz. 

• Like 1

Yeah.  People are bitching for nothing.  The guy did step out of bounds.  But other than that the calls were right.  They were just inches and milliseconds and they all went their way.

Not true at all. The fumble was called incorrectly deep in their territory. The issue was the non- calls for false start, delay of game, face masks towards the end. Opi, and about 25 blatant holds that all impacted the play.

I am not upset about X’s strip. That was legit. I am fine with the false start against us. That was legit. I am upset they didn’t call the 2 oline men from OU jumping and everything else.

1 hour ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I don’t know about two plays. He was 16/25 for 212 with two TD’s. They ended with 323 through the air and 339 on the ground….

20 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Okie Lite game kickoff at 11:00.    I’m tired of this early KO shit.

Yeah, I live on the west coast, so it's been 9:00 am kickoffs every Saturday for me for the last several.  My liver says F U to the Big XII, getting too old to be day drinking this much.  Cannot wait to bail out of this shit conference.  Sick of getting fucked over with early games every goddamn week.