[Game Thread] Texas vs. ou - 11am on ABC

Pancho

consolation prize:  5* spencer rattler seeing the foreboding reality of having to transfer to Oral Roberts University because he's getting booed on by the fans and outplayed by a freshman

I thought about this as well. Especially given that he is from Phoenix where I somewhat followed his douchetastic hs career.

Normally I try not to find joy in the misfortunes of others, but in this case I’ll consider an exception.
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, quigley said:

Harder to stop the counter when you have a legit run threat at QB. Plus a QB who can make reads.

But mostly when you don’t have legit nfl talent across the line or even a shred of individual talent that can penetrate and disrupt plays

6 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I'm so going to enjoy when we run train on these fuckers for a decade...it will happen. 

Of course it will. And Texas is going to get really good and win another national championship.

Then we will go back to being what we normally are, a very good public university with a thoroughly OK football team.

We are never going to be Alabama, or even OU for that matter.

I was at the game and the atmosphere was 1994 like till the very end with a different outcome this time. All I can say is how the hell do we keep hiring coaches that keep breaking records and not on the good side. This damn loss feels like 2001 Colorado where we are about to go up big but then the wrong call gets made on offense and from then on then on the defense can't stop the run. One knows the game can easily be won based on what has happened so far but the coaches and team just seem to keep finding a way to collapse. 

On a funny note as I came out of the stadium yesterday a guy is with what I assume is his wife based on what what was said. The guy is mumbling under his breath about the loss and wife turns to him and puts her finger in his face and says. "You get 10 minutes that is it, I swear to god you get 10 minutes to complain about this loss and then I don't want to hear it anymore." I thought I will be bitching about this loss the way I still bitch about the Georgia and Colorado losses.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Kansas. Always. That is probably the most embarrassing loss in program history. 

Kansas was more embarrassing, but it was basically Charlie being Old Yeller’d. Sucks but it meant unequivocally that we would be moving on. 

Beating OU would have been huge for this program and if one or two of a hundred things in the second half of our way we hang on. Imagine what a win yesterday with a clear path to the Big 12 title game would have meant for recruiting. 

15 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Yes they would. Oil man, roughneck. We get it shit heel hillbilly. Make sure you come back after those 2-3 losses and enjoy the “we beat bama again finally” t-shirt.

Shows how little knowledge you have of your opponents. 

• Fuck You 20

3 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

aggy isn’t our opponent. And I know tons of aggys that are oilmen roughnecks down in Houston. So maybe quit being a pussy and say what team you rep since you’re so badass. 

OU has a junior version of the Cowboys and Spurs called the Ruf/Neks. They have paddles and white jeans.

He's a sooner.

Edited by David Dennison

40 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

This one hurt. The damn game seemed to last forever. I can't believe how many breaks went OU's way. Or officiating calls... I'm never one to bitch about that sort of thing, but damn, they sold their souls to win that game. Just sucks.

they didn't sell their souls they just kept running the counter

1 hour ago, Ghost of Shag said:

It is unbelievable the number of breaks that went Oklahoma’s way for them to win that damn game. Every time I think I cannot be got punched any harder by this program, I’m wrong. Fuck it all.

The only thing that enrages me further is those fraudulent red dirt fucks will chalk their win up as if they earned it, especially after the rest of the conference bends over to let their way back into Arlington.  I don't know why I even look forward to this game year over year and I've realized that it's not worth my time or money until we've moved to the SEC.

2 hours ago, 52-80 said:

that caleb williams motherfucker is good.

I agree he’s good but if he plays against a secondary that is taught to turn their head and look for the ball, he will throw several interceptions. He is fast and powerful. He has a cannon. He also throws a shit ton of balls up for grabs and got away with it yesterday. That along with some terrible calls/ non calls made me very ragey.

• Hook 'Em 1

On a funny note as I came out of the stadium yesterday a guy is with what I assume is his wife based on what what was said. The guy is mumbling under his breath about the loss and wife turns to him and puts her finger in his face and says. "You get 10 minutes that is it, I swear to god you get 10 minutes to complain about this loss and then I don't want to hear it anymore." I thought I will be bitching about this loss the way I still bitch about the Georgia and Colorado losses.

Had a conversation similar to this with the ex many years back. She had a good point and I took it to heart. That said, if she had stuck her finger in my face yesterday I might have broken it off.

3 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

I agree he’s good but if he plays against a secondary that is taught to turn their head and look for the ball, he will throw several interceptions. He is fast and powerful. He has a cannon. He also throws a shit ton of balls up for grabs and got away with it yesterday. That along with some terrible calls/ non calls made me very ragey.

Will be interesting to see how Fat Gary schemes him

17 hours ago, USNALonghorn said:

Underutilization of K Rob by this staff is almost as criminal as what Mack did with Marquise Goodwin…

This is really what I don't get and why I'm still so pissed. What was the point in bringing him in? To play against Rice and Tech? The fuck? He's the kind of guy you play against ou every day of the week. Fucking Sark, man. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Rage+1 1

Like others have said, that was a rough loss. And I totally own being a sunshine pumper, so I would like to say Casey and Bijan did their best. And that was good with almost non existent run or pass blocking.
X showed out and is going to be a straight baller. My only excuse for no K Rob is maybe the o line wasn't good enough to utilize him because of play development? I don't know, just bummed that weapons aren't being used.
Overshown balled out but it didn't seem contagious to the rest of the D.
We have some special players that I keep telling myself with game experience and facing adversity will make them grow but we have to turn the corner to stepping on throats when we are up and have a fuck 'em, don't make a shit attitude if we are down and know we can win at any point, regardless of score, ref intrusion, etc.
Long story longer, where is the killer instinct to finish a team?
Up 20 and you can't put the game away? That's not good enough.

Still don’t understand how we can’t defend the counter after all these years and why we don’t run it if it’s obviously indefensible.

We also need to get the tackling figured out quick. We haves missed so many easy tackles in the tcu and OU games. Guys need to be held accountable. Seems like Brockermeyer and Foster are the worst offenders.

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, D3zii said:

I honestly just feel bad for Keelan Robinson. We should be using him so much more 

This follows a pattern where I'm always hoping we'll have some special package designed for a player like him to spring on OU and of course that never ever comes to fruition. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Still don’t understand how we can’t defend the counter after all these years and why we don’t run it if it’s obviously indefensible.

We also need to get the tackling figured out quick. We haves missed so many easy tackles in the tcu and OU games. Guys need to be held accountable. Seems like Brockermeyer and Foster are the worst offenders.

We can't defend it because our d lineman titty-fight at the line instead of getting penetration. And we can't run it bc our o-linemen allow penetration instead of at least getting a titty-fight stalemate (which usually means the O-line wins). 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

This follows a pattern where I'm always hoping we'll have some special package designed for a player like him to spring on OU and of course that never ever comes to fruition. 

I was hoping for a play designed something like this to go to KRob when we were in our own territory

• Hook 'Em 1

Spent the last 24hrs thinking about this game and it truly is such a bummer. 
Their QB was throwing up punts and the secondary couldn’t ever turn around, Running the KO from 3yds deep then fumbling, stupid false starts on OL (the fucking center no less). Just so many step on your dick moments that took away a W that was sitting there to be had.

just a mess. Need to see how Texas responds vs OSU. I’m definitely worried about this team’s mental toughness. 

• Hook 'Em 1