[Game Thread] Texas vs. ou - 11am on ABC

Pancho

It's like some of you believe the crappy OL that started the season was going to make a magical turn around by mid season.

That (usually) never happens. 

Yes the OL is bad and we all knew that coming into the season.

They eventually got outplayed in this game.

The better teams will do that no matter who is coaching.

Texas has a long way to go but they still came out on fire and put it to the gooners.

Can't take that away from them.

Coaches coach and players play.

I'm gonna believe this game will make the team better.

Fuck all the haters.

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Bijan really got kinda shut down in the second half and even parts of the first half.  If not for that 50 yarder he had, it was a very mediocre game for him.

Only ~30 yards in the second half.  

Should have played two RB's at the same time on a bunch of plays and kept the running game going.

Some better blocking would have helped him out a lot.

Looking forward to a better Oline next year.

And running out the rest of this year to finish 10-2 + we'll see what happens in a bowl game.

I think we're getting better and can make a run at the big 12 title and maybe see OU Sucks again before the year is out.

Looking forward to a better oline next year? How do you figure that is going to happen?

6 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

I'm pissed at this loss for a lot of reasons, but some of you babies need some perspective. We don't yet have the horses to reliably win these types of games. Our o-line is abysmal and Sark is in his first year of recruiting guys. Our d needs upgrades. I have some nits to pick about the d scheme, but these are not problems for which there are no solutions. The team didn't quit, even though some of you pussies did.

We either lose one more game (either OSU or WVU) or no more games. That makes us 9-3 or 10-2. Pick your panties back up off the floor. No one expected this team to be gangbusters this year on personnel alone. The offense, even with its substantial limitations across the o-line, is night and day from last year with a guy who has started 4 games. We are at or ahead of where we should be if you can, for one nanosecond, be objective.

Did that loss hurt? Fuck yeah, because it was almost a win. Should you shit yourself and paint the walls in your man cave with scat? Probably not. So nut up, you little bitches.

This post would be nearly equally applicable to the 2013 OU game. There just no reason to think things will ever change unless it’s beyond all doubt they have changed. 

At least your wives didn't cheer when the ou player scored on the last run because she thought it was a Texas player missing tackles. I don't blame her, for she knows not what she speaks. She's an innocent and a victim in all this that I just had to explain to her we just lost. Her response? Next year, babe. 

Fml

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MH BEVO said:

When a game of inches is won by literal inches it hurts more. Was that a fumble by the OU RB? Damn close. Several catches that were damn close. It stings. How does Williams look when a team has a week to prep for him? We may get to find out again later this season. 

How does he look when a team that knows how to tackle looks against him?

3 minutes ago, Eastwood said:
9 minutes ago, THUJONE said:
I'm pissed at this loss for a lot of reasons, but some of you babies need some perspective. We don't yet have the horses to reliably win these types of games. Our o-line is abysmal and Sark is in his first year of recruiting guys. Our d needs upgrades. I have some nits to pick about the d scheme, but these are not problems for which there are no solutions. The team didn't quit, even though some of you pussies did.
We either lose one more game (either OSU or WVU) or no more games. That makes us 9-3 or 10-2. Pick your panties back up off the floor. No one expected this team to be gangbusters this year on personnel alone. The offense, even with its substantial limitations across the o-line, is night and day from last year with a guy who has started 4 games. We are at or ahead of where we should be if you can, for one nanosecond, be objective.
Did that loss hurt? Fuck yeah, because it was almost a win. Should you shit yourself and paint the walls in your man cave with scat? Probably not. So nut up, you little bitches.

Exactly. If Snacks deletes his account, I'll step into his role to call out all the bitch-assedness on this board. This season is going to have some Herman-esque aftershocks.

Snacks did post another comment 1 minute after the said he was out.

So there's that.

11 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

I believe your post would have been more effective thru the use of copious  Dik  pics.  But that’s just me.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

7 minutes ago, TheBryMan81 said:

What in the actual fuck did I just watch?

As much as I want to agree with guys blaming PK, in all honesty, he had guys in the right spots.  DBs just didn't fucking nut up and go make the plays on the those long throws, just like against Tech.  Hard to tell with DL as they were getting manhandled at the point of attack....is that calls? Or conditioning because of the injuries and we couldn't rotate? Both? Idk. Our DBs all fucking suck though.

I blame Sark more for not adjusting in the second half.  28, 10, 3, 7. That's a pathetic progression through each quarter. He scripted a brilliant plan in the first half, but OU adjusted by bringing more pressure, our OL couldn't handle it and offense never fucking adjusted.  No swing passes to Bijan, no draws or screens or RPOs into those vacant windows. Nothing in the second half to scheme around an overmatched OL. He got taken to fucking school by Riley in the second half

Sark seems to have an aversion to bouncing things outside for the most part.  He adjusted some to free Bijan, but not enough and certainly not enough today.

But, as pointed out, it's hard to generate any offense behind an OL collapse.  And the fucking penalties, which I am certain are the result of knowing they suck and are about to get blown off the line, again.

Edited by TwiceHorn

4 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

You're a dumbfuck. The team snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. It was courtesy of players and coaches alike.

Sarkisian did not adjust his offensive playcalling in the second half.

Special teams were not coached up to take the touchback on the kickoff.

Defense held until they broke - we saw a very similar script against TCU. Texas was lucky to win that game.

And somehow your blind, ignorant ass says the 'coaches literally schemed their way to almost winning that game.'

Fuck you, you're no renegade. Change your handle to TexasRetard you dumbfuck.

This team didn't have a chance to win.  Officials wouldn't allow it under any circumstance.  They followed the typical screw-job script, and the only adjustments they made was to not call offsetting penalties for all of OU's called transgressions.   The conference is pissed at Texas for what OU started.  

• Hook 'Em 1

It felt like the coaching got conservative in the 3rd trying to milk some clock by running with the lead. Problem is, OU stacked the box and was ready for it.  By the beginning of the 4th it became apparent that our lead was in danger of vanishing and we were on the verge of a dog fight, but they were unable to recapture that 1st quarter magic and reverse ‘MO’ back in their direction.  Rattler had a lot to do with us establishing a big lead.  His removal combined with our defensive deficiencies and abhorrent O-line did the rest

Edited by Steelers Roll Left
  • Hook 'Em 2

It’s funny that some of you fuckers think PK, who put multiple defensive players in the first round of the nfl draft, wants to trot out bush, brockermeyer, or schooler. That’s the reality of the dumpster fire herman left for us. He did it on offense too. Our WR’s and o-lineman run the same 40 times. They also do the same amount of 225 reps. They’re all piss. Worthy is our only legit receiver. You take away bijan and overshown, this team would struggle to win the division II national championship. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, VaLonghorn99 said:

No playoff this year. Juzt a strong season and bein play for the conference championship. This loss is tough but wehave been on the other side before. Lucky points were same for both teams.

We were never going to be in the playoffs. So much unrealistic nonsense was parroted

1 minute ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Does Sark get to speak to the 90 recruits that were at the game?

You tell all the defensive ones how quickly they’ll get playing time, because it’s pretty obvious they’ll play 

• Hook 'Em 2

This is absolutely NOT on the offense.  We scored 13 more than any other team on them.  48 points is more than enough to win going away.  This was just a pathetic performance by a defense full of jags and walk ons.  

When the offense just shits itself in the 2nd half of a game where you were doing basically whatever you wanted and racked up 38 points in the 1st half, then yeah, the offense shared more blame than not, especially when you’re selling all gas no brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Deej said:

How does he look when a team that knows how to tackle looks against him?

Yes.  OU D 100% was like let Casey beat us.  Bijan will not.  Some low IQ fucks claiming otherwise.  And as sure as you love drawing cocks and Stoops loves sucking them, Sark is a good coach.  Great?  We will see.  But acting like he just botched a coin toss is a joke.  

disclaimer: I’d be exactly that dumbass if that happened to my team

2 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

It’s funny that some of you fuckers think PK, who put multiple defensive players in the first round of the nfl draft, wants to trot out bush, brockermeyer, or schooler. That’s the reality of the dumpster fire herman left for us. He did it on offense too. Our WR’s and o-lineman run the same 40 times. They also do the same amount of 225 reps. They’re all piss. Worthy is our only legit receiver. You take away bijan and overshown, this team would struggle to win the division II national championship. 

best post of the day

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

You're a dumbfuck. The team snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. It was courtesy of players and coaches alike.

Sarkisian did not adjust his offensive playcalling in the second half.

Special teams were not coached up to take the touchback on the kickoff.

Defense held until they broke - we saw a very similar script against TCU. Texas was lucky to win that game.

And somehow your blind, ignorant ass says the 'coaches literally schemed their way to almost winning that game.'

Fuck you, you're no renegade. Change your handle to TexasRetard you dumbfuck.

Yes the mature response of some blowhard dumb ass that thinks Texas should win just because they walked out on the field.

Here's something you might know had you ever played football.

Play calls and schemes by the coaches can only do so much.  Yes the Texas coaches schemed us to our lead but then halftime happened.

You know what halftime adjustments typically really are, the favored team adjusting to whatever the underdog did in the 1st half that they weren't expecting.

It's hard as an underdog to make halftime adjustments because you already sprang the surprise.

Yes we had a big lead....in the 1st quarter. We were down by 21 to Tech a year ago in the 4th quarter. There was a ton of football left.  We scored on big plays and off of turnovers.  Very little evidence of us physically dominating OU....

You know why?  Because they have players who fit their scheme and have been in it for years.  They have better athletes who fit their offense and defense.

They kicked our ass on the lines even when we were winning big.

Scheming by the coaches is the reason this game wasn't 54-17 OU.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yes.  OU D 100% was like let Casey beat us.  Bijan will not.  Some low IQ fucks claiming otherwise.  And as sure as you love drawing cocks and Stoops loves sucking them, Sark is a good coach.  Great?  We will see.  But acting like he just botched a coin toss is a joke.  

disclaimer: I’d be exactly that dumbass if that happened to my team

Crazy that Riley has to bench an assumed heisman front runner and 1st round pick...but he has to..