2021 - 2022 Dallas Mavericks: The Vibes are Immaculate

CBT

35 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I hope Josh Green keeps getting minutes.

The rookies from last year who needed a little development got fucked by covid.  A lot of time with nba coaches and summer league was lost that would’ve helped them get up to speed a little quicker.  He’s a plus athlete whose shot appears to be improving.

10 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

The rookies from last year who needed a little development got fucked by covid.  A lot of time with nba coaches and summer league was lost that would’ve helped them get up to speed a little quicker.  He’s a plus athlete whose shot appears to be improving.

They also chose not to play him this past summer for some stupid reason. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Only 1 rookie left from last year's draft. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

Josh green completely changes the dynamic when he cuts to the bucket without the ball. So many of our possessions driving to the bucket used to end with an outlet to a 3 pt shot that we couldn't covert, but now with green cutting the pass goes to him for an easy layup.

• Like 1

Let's talk Myles Turner. If we can get him for 2 future first and something that matches salary that doesn't include Brunson, DFS, Green, KP or Luka, I'm all for it. 

Take 2 future first rounders (we don't really use them anyway in the Cuban era) any of the following players (that salary match) and take the Trade Exception (although this can be used in the offseason as well so keeping it would be nice) 

THJ

Kleber

Sorry Ass D Powell

Shit Locks (Reggie)

Brown

• Like 1

We can't stop NYK driving to the bucket. We can't rotate help side because it's literally every single knick taking us off the dribble to the hole.

Luka is having a bad Luka game- pouting on defense bc his shots aren't going in on the other side. And he's moving like he's injured.

Our 3 pt shooting is atrocious. 23% on 31 shots. And most of them are wide open shots. Too many of them are shot with >10 seconds left on the shot clock and we haven't touched the ball inside the arc.

Green and Chriss aren't seeing enough minutes. DP is getting worked.

Luka has not been good lately.  I counted 4 turnovers in the first 5 minutes and he’s not hitting threes.
6 total now I think for him. I think we would be better off letting Jalen handle the ball even when Luka's on the floor. If not, what's the point of having Brunson on the floor

40 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:
59 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:
Luka has not been good lately.  I counted 4 turnovers in the first 5 minutes and he’s not hitting threes.

6 total now I think for him. I think we would be better off letting Jalen handle the ball even when Luka's on the floor. If not, what's the point of having Brunson on the floor

He’s atoned for his earlier play, but his shooting from deep is still an issue.

• Like 1

I think it's a product of his accumulated lower body injuries. Like when you try shooting from distance on a bad ankle or a tweaked knee or even sore calves/hammies it feels off. I think that's what's happening with him.

2 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:
4 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I think it's a product of his accumulated lower body injuries. Like when you try shooting from distance on a bad ankle or a tweaked knee or even sore calves/hammies it feels off. I think that's what's happening with him.

Well, quit jacking up 3’s in the first half if the 3 ain’t working.  Everything else is working just fine aside from his 1Q turnover fest.  He’s probably the best post player in the league, focus on what is working right now.

45 minutes ago, RexWilson said:

KP has cleared protocols. Chriss will be inactivated. Some sort of move should happen soon to clear up a spot. 

I understand needing WCS for salary matching, but it’s frustrating that we have a very simple, low-cost way to improve the roster and they’re not pulling the trigger.