2021 - 2022 Dallas Mavericks: The Vibes are Immaculate

CBT

that trade is looking pretty damn good right about now.  Dinwiddie and Bertans combined bring a helluva lot more than KP for around the same money.  plus, Mavs will have some flexibility, especially if Dinwiddie increases his value.  Bertans, for that matter, too.  they're feasting off of Luka creating open looks for them.

Edited by Jive Turkey
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

that trade is looking pretty damn good right about now.  Dinwiddie and Bertans combined bring a helluva lot more than KP for around the same money.  plus, Mavs will have some flexibility, especially if Dinwiddie increases his value.  Bertans, for that matter, too.  they're feasting off of Luka creating open looks for them.

yeah, and bonus they actually play most games.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Get ln My Van said:

Dinwiddie brings great playmaking ability off the bench. Loved the small lineup down the stretch with him, Luka and Brunson all on the floor. 3 creators makes it near impossible on the defense

I like guys who can get themselves a good look when you give them the ball 30 feet from the bucket with :05 left on the shot clock.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Nba reffing/rules in 2 possessions. First Brunson gets Hinton the head on the drive, and then again we’ll after the whistle as bazemore decides to go over his back to block the layup that won’t count. Seen similar go to flagrant 1 when they happen during play. This is well after the whistle. Result is ball out of bounds. 

next possession dallas makes a shot, dinwiddie complains about no foul being called, tech and lakers are shooting 2 at the other end. 

I was absolutely good with the trade.  KP was a boat anchor that didn't show up, when he did show up, when we really needed him.  

I would be nice if Bertans would be more consistent from 3. 

have to mea culpa on Kidd.  he's doing a good job.  

• Like 4

I was willing to give Kidd a chance but always "knew" deep down he'd be a huge failure.  Glad to be way wrong up to this point.  

I never really got the hating on the trade.  People against it were saying that we willingly took a step back just to get out of that contract, but the whole time I was wondering how getting two guys back that actually suit up for games (and can play) could possibly be a net negative.  Early results say we got rid of the contract and got better as a team.

That referee crew last night was one of the worst I've ever seen in my life.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LurkingHorn said:

To be fair, I think we all thought Kidd was a terrible hire. 

I was in favor of it solely because I want to watch my team play a game where the coach, who is out of timeouts, spills a glass of water on the court so he can get a brief huddle and draw up a play.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

i was wrong about the Micah Parsons pick.

i was wrong about the Jason Kidd hire.

i was wrong about the KP trade for Dinwiddie and Bertans.

i hated all of them but what in the fuck do i know.  i was dead wrong on all 3.

I liked Leaf over Manning and thought Tim Duncan wasn’t athletic enough to be the lead guy on a championship caliber team.  We all have bad opinions from time to time. 

• Like 1