2021 - 2022 Dallas Mavericks: The Vibes are Immaculate

CBT

Best details I could find...

Mavericks To Trade Kristaps Porzingis To Wizards

February 10th, 2022 at 1:38pm CST • By Luke Adams

The Mavericks and Wizards have agreed to a major trade, according to reports from Shams Charania of The Athletic and Marc Stein (Twitter links).

Big man Kristaps Porzingis is headed to Washington in the deal, per Stein, while Dallas will receive point guard Spencer Dinwiddie, according to Charania. Tim Bontemps of ESPN reports (via Twitter) that the Mavs are also acquiring sharpshooter Davis Bertans, while Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN says (via Twitter) that the Wizards are getting a second-round pick.

Edited by LTtxfan

It appears they've got more flexibility now and I'm good with it.  

Bertans and appears to be a 40% 3pt shooter so I'll take it. 

I assume they bring in Dragic too.  

The KP contract felt like an anchor who never was going to work out so while he's the best player in the trade I'm happy to be out from under it.

• Hook 'Em 1

This is typical Mavs brilliance. Could have signed Dinwiddie in the offseason but decided to spend it on Timmy. Now they trade for him and probably need to dump Timmy's contract. In the end, we still need time to see how this turn outs. In theory, both of these contracts should be easier to move than KPs. But damn, what a backwards way to get to this point. 

Positive:
-if we don't sign brunson we have dinwiddie
-i like bertans but he's highly one dimensional

Negatives:
-we have to get out from one of these contracts if we want to sign dodo and JB- THjr, bertans, or dinwiddie.
-we don't have a front court
-dinwiddie is another high usage player. If he's playing next to Luka it means JB is coming off the bench which isn't ideal.
-dinwiddie has been BAD after his surgery.

This trade is worse than the Seth trade.

• Hook 'Em 1

_avis Bertans was a one trick pony in DC … a very well and overpaid pony.  Shooting 3’s pretty much sums up his game.  Never accused of playing _efense.

Much of the talk on DC sports radio described Dinwiddy as a team cancer.  Maybe it was just something he caught from the Wiz franchise.  They’ve had FORTY years perfecting their special brand of shititude.