2021 - 2022 Dallas Mavericks: The Vibes are Immaculate

CBT

I'm definitely not a Kidd fan but to blame him for this is wrong. We've had the same damn roster for 3 straight seasons. These guys are what they are and everyone seems to know that but Cubes. They will go on a run and be fine to make the playoffs but aren't a serious contender for the conference finals. 

7 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

It’s definitely refreshing to see some new faces. Not even mad about the loss. 

You ain't lying. Speaking of which, I know SI has now devolved into a bastion for clickbait articles, but I thought the 2nd of these trade options was worthwhile.  I'm sure Detroit could get much more for Jerami Grant but we could hope.  

Trade Offer No. 2:

Mavs receive: Jerami Grant

Pistons receive: Reggie Bullock, Maxi Kleber, Josh Green and two future second round picks

This one pretty much has the same logic as the first trade proposal, except you're swapping out Hardaway Jr.'s salary for Bullock and Kleber's salaries. Bullock has had a rough go since signing in Dallas, but if anyone could look favorably at him as a trade target right now, it might be the Pistons.

https://www.si.com/nba/mavericks/news/trade-talk-dallas-mavs-detroit-pistons-jerami-grant-tim-hardaway-jr

the omnicron debacle is the best thing to happen to the mavs this season.  we're getting a whole lot of guys pt they otherwise wouldn't have and not only that, it's pt where they get to be involved with the offense instead of watching luka make a move and then reacting.  we are *so* much better as a team without luka.  if we can figure out how to keep everyone (most importantly kp) moving and involved while luka's on the floor we have a really good team.  luka has to buy in to the high energy hustle and off ball movement for it to work though-  he can't continue to take himself out of the play whenever the ball's out of his hands, it doesn't work.  

kp is playing at an all star level thus far.  great to see him being consistent through these brief injuries.  if maxi doesn't step up his game after he returns we might be seeing his last couple months in a mavs uniform.  our front court is getting crowded.

28 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

the omnicron debacle is the best thing to happen to the mavs this season.  we're getting a whole lot of guys pt they otherwise wouldn't have and not only that, it's pt where they get to be involved with the offense instead of watching luka make a move and then reacting.  we are *so* much better as a team without luka.  if we can figure out how to keep everyone (most importantly kp) moving and involved while luka's on the floor we have a really good team.  luka has to buy in to the high energy hustle and off ball movement for it to work though-  he can't continue to take himself out of the play whenever the ball's out of his hands, it doesn't work.  

kp is playing at an all star level thus far.  great to see him being consistent through these brief injuries.  if maxi doesn't step up his game after he returns we might be seeing his last couple months in a mavs uniform.  our front court is getting crowded.

I'm glad to see Porzingis showing signs of his former self but I don't think it's accurate to say he's been playing at an "all star level thus far." He's played at an Allstar level in less than 10 games this season and he's missed a ton of time for various injuries. It would be fantastic if we can get this type of play out of him for the rest of the season, or most of it. We might actually be able to get out of the first round. Hopefully last night isn't just more KP fool's gold

between JB, ntilikina, and brandon knight we have enough PGs to weather the storm so this is quite clearly nico/finley snatching the opportunity of a no risk/high reward play.  i like it.

edit:  and theo pinson, i forgot about him.  i guess he's the odd man out now.

Edited by gsoda3

23 hours ago, immortal13 said:

I'm glad to see Porzingis showing signs of his former self but I don't think it's accurate to say he's been playing at an "all star level thus far." He's played at an Allstar level in less than 10 games this season and he's missed a ton of time for various injuries. It would be fantastic if we can get this type of play out of him for the rest of the season, or most of it. We might actually be able to get out of the first round. Hopefully last night isn't just more KP fool's gold

i disagree that he's only played 10 games at an AS level.  here are his season stats.  starting nov 6 (his first game back from the injury) he's been really good.  and it's not only on offense, he's changing the game defensively too.  

image.thumb.png.8bd376924f778c2caa089be074298441.png

1 minute ago, gsoda3 said:

i disagree that he's only played 10 games at an AS level.  here are his season stats.  starting nov 6 (his first game back from the injury) he's been really good.  and it's not only on offense, he's changing the game defensively too.  

image.thumb.png.8bd376924f778c2caa089be074298441.png

10 games where he shot 50% fg or better. At 7'3" I wouldn't call that great

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Height in the nba used to imply average shot distance. Not anymore and for sure not with kp. Most of his shots are 10-25 ft out, like a guard. 

Well 50% shooting is still a good general metric for any player and bigs get the benefit of lobs, and easy put back dunks/follow ups that others do not. I still don't think that KP has played anywhere near an all star level thus far into the season, and I'm a KP fan. I like what he has done lately and I think he is the key to our success this season. If he can stay healthy and contribute on both ends like he is capable of, this team could make some noise in the playoffs. A big if I know

Edited by immortal13

19 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

10 games where he shot 50% fg or better. At 7'3" I wouldn't call that great

you're using > 50% fg% as your standard for all-star level play tho? my first inclination is looking at pts/rebounds/stls/blocks and +/- and i still think that's simplistic. 

41 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

you're using > 50% fg% as your standard for all-star level play tho? my first inclination is looking at pts/rebounds/stls/blocks and +/- and i still think that's simplistic. 

Again all I'm trying to say is that in my opinion KP has played about 10 games this year that were All Star level....not 30+. Porzingis has had more games with a fg% in the lower 30's than at 50% or more. He is the epitome of inconsistent and I think saying his season in total has been at an All Star level is way off the mark. That said, I hope he keeps playing like he has been of late.

Edited by immortal13